M+W Group Employee Reviews in United States

A very good company to start with
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 5, 2015
Friendly work environment and a great scope for learning.Learnt and managed document control and field operations.Working on a P & G project with lots to learn.
Just a job, not a career
Employee (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 11, 2015
The best part of M+W are the people, which makes coming into work everyday very pleasant. There isn't a lot of room for growth, and compensation is below market. It's a great place for someone who doesn't have much aspiration, but enjoys a calm drama free work environment.
Pros
Free gourmet coffee, soda and breakfast (Fridays only)
Cons
Pay below market rate
Stable, realible and serious
Electrical Designer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 28, 2015
M+W Group is a good place to work. They compensate well and have consistenly been busy. Though sometimes you can get lost or pigeon holed here, generally I have been very fortunate to work here. You are assigned to projects and usually stay on the job to the end. Sometimes you have severalprojects at once, but nothing you cannot handle.
They recenlty are getting better at teaching and continually educating the work force beyond lunch and learns. I have been taught Revit MEP since working here and we have classes on basic electrical design
Pros
Stable, usually busy, continuing education
Cons
pigeon hole workers, inconsistant communication, some politics
There is alot of young talent there
EHS Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYMarch 23, 2015
I enjoy each day there

The company as a whoe is very dynamic and has alot of growth potential.

The day to day operations are as all construction can be stressful and very organized.

We have built an team of young players
Great opportunities
Tool Install Construction Coordinator, Grade TI5 (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYMarch 20, 2015
I like the company and where it is going, it is headed in the right direction with its global strategy in the EPCM market. You are your own man, you run your jobs to be successful.
Pros
self rule
Cons
needs more muscle
M+W Group is a good place for an entry level engineer to learn and grow
Process Piping Coordinator / Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYJanuary 11, 2015
Working at M+W Group has been a rewarding and challenging experience. I have relocated to Massachusetts and have purchased a home near family and friends. I have requested a transfer to the greater Boston / New England area, but M+W Group have no job opportunites to employ me there.
World wide construction company with a great group of people.
CORPORATE OFFICE COORDINATOR/ACCOUNTING (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 3, 2014
M+W is an excellent company to work for. Great benefits. I have learned a lot about the construction industry both in the office and at the job site. My co workers are a hard working group of people who take the time to enjoy their work day as well. The hardest part of the job is learning the lingo with the union workers. Getting them the needed product sometimes takes some probing but throughout the years I have learned how to understand them and help them in every way possible to get product to them in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. We are a tight group and enjoy working together.
Pros
full kitchen. flexible work schedule.
Cons
it is hard work and not for the meek.
Ill-Managed A&E firm
Project Manager / Design Lead (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 18, 2014
In the 4+ years employed for M+W there was disarray everywhere. Multiple management changes along with poor descision making produced a massive downfall the was never recovered from thus ending a partnership with a major client and driving the company to other endeavours.
Pros
not much to speak of
Cons
multiple including turnover, poor upper management, wages/bonuses/expected hours for salaried employees, etc.
Lives in the past...
Architectural Department Head (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJune 4, 2014
this company is failing due to inability to change with the times. New software must work like the old software. Not willing to change. Continue to respond to RFP's as they did 20 years ago as well as poor quality deliverables has caused the company to not have repeat clients. When suggested there be changes in that performance and quality the response was no thank you.
Pros
free fruit and beverages
Cons
living in past and finger pointing instead of solution finding
Productive and with a diverse group of people
Electrical CAD Drafter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 5, 2014
I had the opportunity to work for this company for almost a decade. There is real talent at this company.
Pros
fresh fruit daily
Cons
location, i wish it was easier to get to. but is real close to airport
Great work environment
Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYApril 18, 2014
It was a great place to work and I learned a lot. My co-workers were good people and easy to work with.
typical day
Director Design Project Management Discipline (Former Employee) –  Phoenix ArizonaApril 8, 2014
1 review proposals in process for status
2 review current staffing assignments for PMs
3 review staff utilization reports for PM and PAs
4 filter emails for important ones from other discipline directors and respond as needed

hardest part was amount of time expended 3000+ hours in 2013

most enjoyable was collaborating with staff
Pros
very respected position
Cons
travel 75% of time
Productive and fun
Tiger Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 26, 2014
A typical day starts with a review of safety reminders. Followed up by checking on my tasks and requirements due for the day, then proceeding to prioritize my tasks in order of importance.
Design firm working at major semi-conductor company
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, OregonNovember 10, 2013
Design and architectural firm at major semi-conductor firm.
Pros
free fruit and coffee
Cons
unstable
Design Builder
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 8, 2013
M+W Group is new to construction and working on becoming a Design Build firm with all services under one roof with self-perform groups that do process piping install and tool install.
Pros
lots of diversity, good opportunities
Cons
bonuses, retirement plan, travel
Great team environment between design disciplines. Not so great team environment with project managent.
former employee in the design disciple (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 4, 2013
Tough environment to work in overall. Demanding schedules from client. Lack of discipline support. Aesthetics not an important factor in the design process. Limited growth potential.
Not a team environment
Senior Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Watervliet, NYFebruary 6, 2013
If you're used to working in a team environment where you win together and fail together this is not the place.
Difficult environment for single parent
Architecture (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 19, 2012
Constant turn-over of staff and management. Could not get required work resources such as updated software. Architectural projects were mostly clean rooms so there would not be any design awards for those looking for that opportunity. It didn't seem that most of the designers actually believed in saving energy. Very difficult to get cross discipline internal collaboration between the architects, engineers, and the contractors. I must have been used to smaller offices where everyone really had to work together. There was no record keeping of design development hours, construction document hours, and construction administration so I wondered how the company would learn from their mistakes or become more productive.
Pros
great benefits, pretty good salaries, they kept staff employed during downtime
Cons
had to travel on short notice
Excellent Company
ITP Development Manager (Former Employee) –  C19June 28, 2012
I mostly work overseas, M+W is a German Born Company who really look after their people even as large as they are they truely see us as an assett not a number.
Like any Job the hardest parts are rthe unknowns, M+W goes that extra mile to anticipate as much of the unknowns as they can.
I have no con to report for M+W I enjoyed my tour with them and hope to do more when the chance arises.