Quality Engineers, join our team for a great opportunity!
M&M has been in business as a support for major manufacturing companies for over 10 years. We value the meaning of relationships and pride ourselves in helping our customers when they need it most.
In this role we are looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer to assist a variety of suppliers on site with quality issues that may arise, as well as help with the development and facilitation of new work.
You will be working on site a client manufacturing plant in Spirit Lake, Iowa.
This is a permanent position with our company, so must be willing to relocate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verify supplier-manufacturing processes (PFMEA, Control Plans, CPK and PPK studies, etc.) for stability and control.
- Facilitate Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) techniques with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Monitors and facilitates quality activities for Production Part Approval Process (PPAP). Verifies process control, capability and sustainability of the supplier.
- Investigate supplier quality issues concerning products and/or processes.
- Execute standard supplier quality processes to facilitate issue resolution and validation
- Gather and analyze internal and external data to help identify exposure, impact, root causes and corrective actions.
- Assist clients with continuous improvement practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related field.
- Three plus years experience in Quality Engineering.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Project Management Professional Certification.
- Prior supply management experience.
- Prior project management experience.
- Understanding of operations.
- Skill in interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
- Understanding of fundamental business principles and practices.
- Knowledge and application of Supply Management Processes and tools.
- Cross-functional work experience(s) in major areas such as: Product Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing Operations, Warehousing and/or Distribution, Production, Supply Management, Industrial Engineering, etc.
Employment Type: Full Time
*Hours: Monday through Friday (may have to work the odd weekend depending on client need)
Start date: 1/2/14
Base Pay: $55,000 - $75,000 per year depending on experience
Benefits: Holidays, Vacation, PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, AD&D, Life, Flex spending etc.
Experience: 3 or more years
Manages Others: No
Relocation: Yes – unless live nearby
Required Travel: Moderate – 30%
Indeed - 10 months ago