M&T Bank

M&T Bank Employer Reviews

Only worked for a few weeks, but technology seek aniquated.
Treasury Operations (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 26, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: culture
I only worked there for a few month during the merger with Wilmington Trust. However their systems seem aniquated and corporate culture seem to be get the most out of your people for as little as possible. Most jobs in Delaware are who you know, not what you know.
Productive and Fun work place
Sr. JAVA Developer (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Short breaks
Good Day at Work
Learned a Lot
Good management
Co-Workers Helped me a Lot
No Hardest Part of My Job
Through out my project i enjoyed my job
M&T Bank is a
Assistant Branch Manager, Regional Trainer (Current Employee), Somers, NYMarch 23, 2015
Pros: strong financial institution
Cons: technology, gaps in footprint locally
I have worked for M&T Bank since 2004 and have moved up the corporate ladder. Working for M&T has provided a fast paced, challenging, and very rewarding career that I'm very proud of. I have a strong client base, managed teams that have been greatly successful, and have helped so many clients reach there financial goals.
Conservative, fiscally responsible bank
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 22, 2015
While M&T has proven to be a successful bank, management is often stretched too thin. This hinders their efforts to successfully coach, mentor, and improve the skills of those individuals that report to them.
M&T a great place to improve social skills
Teller (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 22, 2015
Pros: great place to improve on customer service skills
Cons: no breaks
A Great Place to work for. Gives you a chance to learn new fields and improve on customer service skills. A typical day at work generally starts with setting up your station for the day. After completing this task you will go about the day helping customers and conducting secretary like tasks for the branch.
Productive and fun sometimes
TELLER, CUSTOMER SERVICE, HANDEL MAIN VAULT (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free supply
Cons: short brakes, short staff
Overall it was a good experience, someday was harder than other days. If one person called out then it was hard some days to get your lunches.
Solid company with a culture focused on both the customer and the employee
VP, Regional Marketing & Sales Support Manager (Former Employee), Fishkill, NYMarch 16, 2015
Pros: flexible work/life balance
Cons: technology platform
Fast paced environment with support around engaging the employee to strive for success. Generous sales bonus plan. Leadership team that really utilizes strategy when making corporate decisions and how they will affect the future of the bank, its shareholders and employees.
Generally committed employees with a long tenure at both the regional and senior management level.
Biggest challenge is technology enhancements.
Ok place to work
Banking Specialist (Current Employee), Oxon Hill, MDMarch 15, 2015
Pros: ok working environment
Cons: staffing
Helping ciustomers with their checking accounts.
We do ont have a manager
my co workers have been there for years making the same salary,
Productive, repetitive, Customer Service, Multitasking
Teller Manager (Former Employee), Largo, MDMarch 13, 2015
Pros: great work/life environment, benefits
Cons: short breaks, understaffed
A typical day was opening branch with two people and prep for opening by setting up teller stations and balancing and filling ATM. Once branch was opened, we assisted customer's needs with completing teller transactions, cold calls, sporadic audits, monitor security, completing night deposits, and answering questions. I learned a great deal about multitasking due to staffing issues but we did an awesome job with facing those issues because of cross training at the platform and teller stations. I was part of the Management team and had a very good relationship with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was not always meeting unrealistic goals during the hardest times of economic crisis. It was difficult when people were not able to qualify for a personal loan or refinance. The most satisfying or enjoyable part of the job was being of service to our customers and putting a smile on their face. I also enjoyed interacting with my co-workers about current events while still being productive.
Laziness abounds!
Licensed Relationship Banker III (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 10, 2015
The job is just like any other banking job where you help customers and change is constant. Unlike other institutions, the management is very lazy with no sense of urgency and it is tough to move up due to politics and a "higher than thou" mentality from all of the old-school bankers and managers.
A respectable professional environment.
Teller I (Former Employee), Pikesville, MDMarch 8, 2015
M&T bank is truly a customer oriented bank. They emphasize the importance of customer loyalty and safety. Though they do not pay as well as other regional banks, M&T Bank offers the chance of increased additional revenue for their employees through achieving and exceeding goals.
competitive
Business Banking Relationship Liaison (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 6, 2015
Backstabbing and not family oriented as claimed. Short training which leaves a person flying solo in a fast paced world. High turnover in position.
Productive workplace
Legal Document Review Analyst (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 6, 2015
This was a temporary job where I learned a great deal about compliance work. This job has opened my eyes to new interests in the banking industry.
Fun workplace
Sr. Teller (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 4, 2015
Pros: hours, fun place to work
Cons: health care, pay rate
We had a great staff at the branch I was working at. We met our sales goals each month while having fun doing so. The environment was awesome and management was professional and easy to get along with.
great people, outdated workplace
Teller (Former Employee), State College, PAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: federal holidays!
This is a great place to work with a ton of really great people. Management is very supportive and encouraging and they really take care of their employees. It is a fairly large bank that feels like a community bank. However, the systems used and a lot of the practices in place seem outdated and behind those used by competitors. A typical day at work was usually quite busy. You get to serve a lot of customers either face to face or over the phone. There are rules to adhere to and policies to uphold, which I enjoy because I very much like to follow the rules! I always had support from my coworkers when I had a question, and if no one in the office knew, there was always a network of people and information at my fingertips. Finding answers to your questions was easy. The hardest part of the job was learning on the fly. There were always knew situations and questions arising, and it was a constant learning opportunity. That was also very enjoyable though. However, I think the most enjoyable part was just getting to know that a bank had "regulars" and those relationships in this industry are unique to any other.
Absolutley love M&T Bank - especially the culture.
Business Banking Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: culture, leadership, educational support, and employee engagement
M&T Bank is the best place I have ever worked. The culture is amazing and the Leadership is exceptional. I have the upmost respect for the company and its' desire to live up to the expectations of it's employees, shareholders, and community.
Challenging
Business Development Officer - Outside Sales (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: flexable work schedule. ability to work independently. able to work from home when needed.
Cons: required to do customer service work inside branch when needed.
My daily activity was to cold call on surrounding businesses actively growing the portfolio of a new M&T Branch location.
there are great employees, very diverse
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Millsboro, DEFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: it is an equal opportunity employer
Cons: 15 minute beaks but over 5 mins to get into the building
It was a very stressful enviorment but supervision and management were overly harsh. For the amount paid and what was expected, it did not equal out. It was so much different than my first stint from 1994 to 2000, in addition there was an awesome gym....was.
Good Place to Work
Teller / Senior Teller (Former Employee), North Salem, NYFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: hours, pay, great people
I enjoyed my stay at this bank. Very professional. Manager was all about her employees. Meet a lot of people which made it a great place to network. Learned a lot of skills which I could use in my personal life.
Wasn't meant for me
Relationship Banker (Former Employee), MarylandFebruary 7, 2015
I know people who work there and love it, I was not one of them. It very much depends on your position and location. I, perhaps, am not the best example for a former employee. Decent benefits, pay on the lower end for the banking career but still reasonable. My immediate manager was wonderful and her manager was good too.

1 2 3 4 5

About M&T Bank

M&T Bank is considered one of the country's most highly regarded regional banks. We were founded more than 150 years ago in – Read more

M&T Bank Photos