M&T Bank Employee Reviews

Severely short staffed
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 20, 2017
Due to cutbacks M&T BANK has had many problems with being shortstaffed and overworking the employees. Unfortunately this led to many people leaving to go to other banks which made the situation even more difficult.
Pros
I love being a branch manager of a bank, I love the job and I love managing the staff and helping them excel and grow as an employee.
Cons
In addition to being short staffed, overworkedhen it comes to health issues, time off from surgery
Great company to work for
Telephone Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DE 19966August 18, 2017
M&T was probably the best company I have ever worked for. The management is great, and everyone is so pleasant and supportive. It's an environment in which everyone wants you to succeed.
n/a
Community Outreach/Mediation Liaison (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYAugust 17, 2017
The environment was a little stressful. I feel the position I was in had no advancement and I would like to further my career. M&T is an okay company to work for and I would always give my honest opinion when asked of company ethics.
Nepotism is terrrible
Banking Officer, IT Compliance Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 17, 2017
Not a good place to work with no chance to advance unless you know someone who is in upper management, or you come in being an MTP, or someone's family member
Bankruptcy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYAugust 17, 2017
M&T is a good place to work. Most people are friendly. The environment is okay. Some managers have their favorites and it shows. Overall a good place to work.
Pros
Made some good friends there
Cons
Not the best healthcare
There are okay to work for
Teller (Former Employee) –  Madison Ave NYAugust 17, 2017
The bigger the get the less the take of the employees
I use to like to work there but it's getting harder. They don't give us the staffing to do the work that required.
Great Workplace
Relationship Banker I (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 16, 2017
great people, great products, great management. I would highly recommend it to any one who wants to learn how to build upon their sales techniques and who genuinely love helping people.
typical banking enviroment
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 16, 2017
The management and culture as a whole is antiquated. With old school ways of thinking and no forethought into what the future of banking and investing will be. It is still misogynistic culturally and has a long way to go to get away from the boys club.
Review
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Oakland, MDAugust 16, 2017
Each day for tellers is basically the same. Handle the same type of transactions such as deposits, cash withdrawals, transfers and counting drawers. Hardest part isn't difficult but you have to make sure you follow proper procedures and are aware of audit mistakes. I enjoyed the people I worked with and the type of work I did.
Summary
Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJAugust 12, 2017
it was enjoyable when we had our prior workforce crew before it was bought out. it was very tedious workplace after the merger. nobody had a clue what to do. we basically had to look after the answers ourselves. we were rewarded poorly for our work. overall it was like any other job.
workplace culture
Outbound sales representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 8, 2017
M&T was a wonderful place to work. great work environment with nice managers. the work place was clean and respectable. the schedules were the worst part about the job.
Pros
location
Cons
pay and schedule
Good place to start a career, poor pay though.
Credit Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 8, 2017
This was a great place to start a career. I was exposed to many different aspects of banking. However, the pay is poor and there is very limited opportunity for advancement.
great place to work
Senior Telephone Customer (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYAugust 6, 2017
great place to work just wish the pay was better.. management was supportive workplace culture was great,, always learning something new a typical work day was enjoyable
good place
BP, RPA Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2017
We help people, businesses, and things communicate better.

The digital world promises consumers a better, more connected life, and we’re the ones delivering it. We make it possible for people to stay in touch and businesses to connect with their customers. We’re also bringing technology and hands-on learning opportunities directly to kids who need it most. Our goal is to inspire tomorrow’s creators to use technology to build brighter futures for themselves, their families and the world.
Stable Financial Institution
Employee (Current Employee) –  West CoastAugust 4, 2017
Good place to work. Nice people. Good location. Good tenure of staff. The company is very financially sound. I've purchased some company stock and it was a good investment.
amazing company to work for with great co workers
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Parkville, MDAugust 4, 2017
Working for M&T bank has made a more confident person both in my personal and professional life. The gave all the training and materials to become a great relationship banker.
Great Place to Learn Customer Service Skills
Teller (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 2, 2017
This was my first job handling a large sum of money and interacting with customers. I learned a lot people and different cultures to the location of the bank. Management was okay, but could have been more understanding.
Lesson learned
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 2, 2017
Back stabbing, lying, bullying- and this is management.
Workers follow this model and treat each other horribly.
Unethical practice for self promotion.
I saw this poor behavior in all aspects of bank except for the upper tier- they are well compensated and happy.
Sub-par benefits, random crumbs that are nothing but cheap pieces of moldy bread.
Pros
good but over kill on compliance. Mantra...cover thy arz
Cons
layered offensive and abbusive management, hard to get resolve when everyone in the reporting chain covers for one another
Very good to work for
Operations Associate III - Retail Pre-Closing (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 31, 2017
They are a good company, very friendly. Most managers are willing to work with you, with any problems that you have. They are always planning on doing something.
Pros
Good people, Cafe in building
Cons
you have to pay for parking and food
M&t
Remediation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJuly 31, 2017
It was a good and new experience. Definitely helps build your patience and become a fast pace worker for constant calls. Not meant for everybody but mostly for those who do not get angry easily and are willing to sit for long period of hours at a time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at M&T Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval