M&T Bank

M&T Bank Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 26, 2015
Always was teamwork. It was a pleasure providing customer service and solving problems for the customer. Great benefits and perfect working hours.
Meaningful and rewarding job
Assistant Vice President/BSA Compliance Specialist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 24, 2015
Pros: work with great people
Cons: healthcare plan is not the greatest
Feel my job is important and meaningful. The process is the same each day, but each case is new and unique, which keeps it interesting.
Wonderful Manager
Teller (Former Employee), camp hillAugust 19, 2015
My team and manager at my branch were amazing. Banking turned out to not be the right industry for me, and the compensation was too low. I learned a great deal from working at M&T, and I enjoyed the schedule; however, I happily moved on to a suitable job for me.
good people
Teller, full time (Former Employee), East Rochester, NYAugust 19, 2015
I loved this job i got along with everyone, and loved my place to work out their, thanks for the opportunity for allowing me to work their as an employee.
Postivite Work Culture and old fashioned values
Training Specialist (Current Employee), Williamsville, NYAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Creative, Great teamwork, culture
Cons: Low pay and high benefit cost
M&T is a great cooperation that values it's employees and tries to encourage old fashioned work ethics while encouraging modern technology and work techniques
nice place to work
Post Closing Specialist II (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYAugust 13, 2015
M&T is a good place to work. great job culture.
I've been working for them right out of college and I've had a good experience so far
Good place to work with room for advancement
Compliance Specialist - EDD Investigator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Work schedule, pay
Cons: Moved job to Buffalo.
If it wasn't for M&T moving my job up to Buffalo I would not be applying for other positons. My time with M&T has been positive and I would like to stay withing the company.
Best company I ever worked for.
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Binghamton, NYAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Few
I wish I could go back to their footprint and work for them again. Best company culture and environment. If you have the chance to work for them, do not pass it up. They are the real deal when it comers to service, sales and education.
Decent job that is challenging.
Repossession Specialist (Current Employee), Getzville, NYAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Good working environment
Cons: Lack of communication
A decent job. Every day is different. Looking for something a little more related to my degree. More pay to support my family with and a clearer career path service wouldn't hurt. I am in charge of helping collectors help customers redeem their repossessed collateral from agents and auctions.
Great place to work.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Baltimore MDAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Employee satisfaction
Cons: Slow growth potential
Great place to work, they typically hire part time tellers, Loved this Job, would recommend to everyone. I would go back if I could.
Not too bad
Relationship Banker (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAAugust 5, 2015
I was a float teller and I did not like my schedule I was told I was going to work in three branches I ended up working in many other branches that were about an hour away from my home in traffic. The people are wonderful every person I met with the exception of about 2 people were just beyond wonderful and the only reason I want to leave this job is because of the driving requirements I do not have a car.
Employees have great work relationships
Collection and Recovery Specialist II/Bankruptcy (Current Employee), Getzville, NYAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Job security due to growing company
Cons: Little room for advancement
Generally a pleasant work environment. There is a sense of job security and employees have a great work relationship.

Unfortunately, there is little room for advancement within some departments.
Solid Financial Institution
AVP (Former Employee), NYJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Strong financial presence, most managers are ethical, good benefits, working conditions, education assistance
Cons: some managers should not be managers
Strong financial presence, most managers are ethical, good benefits, working conditions, education assistance, some manager should not be managers
Great Company
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), Salisbury, MDJuly 28, 2015
Great company to work for and to stand behind. Only thing lacking here is technology. The systems are outdated and not too user friendly, and customers get impatient waiting.
great job
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee), buffalo new yorkJuly 23, 2015
good place to work at with a large diverse group of people. Very friendly environment. The establishment was kept pristine at all times.
Great if you are experinced, not for beginners - no training
Business Process Analyst (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJuly 23, 2015
Pros: no micro-managing
Cons: no training
Great people to work and comfortable environment. Management is not organized or up to speed on what is expected. Chaotic timeline, not prepared for deadlines so everyone scatters at the end of the month. Little to no training available. Learned a great deal on my own.
Productive work place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Amherst, NYJuly 14, 2015
Typically I would work on paper work as well as administrative work for M&T Bank. Everyday I would work alone which helped me realize how hard one has to work on a daily basis.
high volume of commercial customers, great employees
Senior Teller (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJuly 9, 2015
Pros: fast-paced, enthusiastic environment; wonderful customers
Cons: staff scheduling sometimes an issue
I quickly learned how to multitask because it was often necessary. My co-workers were very friendly and always willing to assist customers whenever possible or direct them to appropriate personnel if necessary. My managers had an "open-door" policy; you could talk to them whenever the need arose. The most difficult part of the job was multitasking when there was limited staff. The most enjoyable part of the job was always interacting with the customers. They were always appreciative of great customer service.
its good for experiance
Relationship Banker (Current Employee), harrisburgJuly 8, 2015
the job does not pay great but is good for experience. the bank has good people to work with. great for college kids.

You will have to be on the teller line a lot and when you are not you will be making cold calls.
Learnig Experince
Teller (Former Employee), Washington DCJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: bad location
I would arrive to work and wait for the manager to get there so we can go in. Safety rule. Count my teller draw and then get ready for the morning meeting. Then it was time to help the customers. So I cash checks, made referrals, deposits, etc. The best part of being a teller is meet new people. I like meeting new people and hearing there story.
Industry