M&T Bank

M&T Bank United States Employee Reviews

great clientele
Senior Head Teller (Former Employee), Albany, NYApril 20, 2015
loved dealing with the branch customers and they in turn enjoyed working with me. liked to be to do an assessment of their needs and make recommendations.
Great company
Liaison (Current Employee), Buffalo, New YorkApril 17, 2015
Pros: Banking perks
Cons: Compensation is too low
Great company, good benefits and great co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my position was communicating with the Branch Network to research and resolve outstanding items.
Very productive work place
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 15, 2015
I learned a lot about managing money, my day consisted of handling monetary transactions. providing customer service
n/a
Teller (Current Employee), Cheektowaga, NYApril 9, 2015
I believe the atmosphere is good and the communication is awesome. the management team is realy effective and care about all of us and our overall goals.
FUN WORKPLACE
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYApril 8, 2015
Pros: DISCOUNTS ON STOCKS PURCHASE
Cons: SHORT BREAKS
RESPONSIBLE FOR CASH HANDLING, TRYING TO FIND SOLUTIONS FOR CUSTOMERS FINANCIAL NEEDS AND DIFFERENT DUTIES IN THE BRANCH, MANAGEMENT AT THE BRANCH WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL, UNDERSTANDABLE AND VERY FLEXIBLE. WONDERFUL COWORKERS AND NICE ENVIRONMENT. IT WAS FUN TO WORK AT M&T BANK WITH A NICE TEAM. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF WORKING THERE WAS TO HELP CUSTOMERS FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THEIR FINANCIAL NEEDS, AS WELL AS PROVIDING A FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE.
When in Martinsburg Branch Great Team Work
Bank Teller (Former Employee), MartinsburgApril 6, 2015
I left Martinsburg Branch and went to Much bigger branch in the city of Altoona and did not have a good team work ethic there at all.
People First. Bankers Second.
Management Development Trainee (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Pay, Travel, People
Cons: Lack of technology, Repetition, Competition
M&T Bank is a fundamentally sound institution that truly does care about its people. Banking as a whole is not very exciting, but a bank based out of Buffalo and Baltimore offers a more flexible work life balance than one located in New York City. Management really takes the time to get to know employees and see through their development.
productive.busy all day.
Commercial Teller (Former Employee), Cheektowaga, NYMarch 27, 2015
Pros: great people and customers.
Cons: had to make 12 referrals a guarter.
I liked the customers,crossed trained any job I could,employees were great.my dayconsisted of all business customers with very large deposits.i learned to stay organized and be patient with customers and employees.
Only worked for a few weeks, but technology seek aniquated.
Treasury Operations (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 26, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: culture
I only worked there for a few month during the merger with Wilmington Trust. However their systems seem aniquated and corporate culture seem to be get the most out of your people for as little as possible. Most jobs in Delaware are who you know, not what you know.
Productive and Fun work place
Sr. JAVA Developer (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Short breaks
Good Day at Work
Learned a Lot
Good management
Co-Workers Helped me a Lot
No Hardest Part of My Job
Through out my project i enjoyed my job
M&T Bank is a
Assistant Branch Manager, Regional Trainer (Current Employee), Somers, NYMarch 23, 2015
Pros: strong financial institution
Cons: technology, gaps in footprint locally
I have worked for M&T Bank since 2004 and have moved up the corporate ladder. Working for M&T has provided a fast paced, challenging, and very rewarding career that I'm very proud of. I have a strong client base, managed teams that have been greatly successful, and have helped so many clients reach there financial goals.
Conservative, fiscally responsible bank
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 22, 2015
While M&T has proven to be a successful bank, management is often stretched too thin. This hinders their efforts to successfully coach, mentor, and improve the skills of those individuals that report to them.
M&T a great place to improve social skills
Teller (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 22, 2015
Pros: great place to improve on customer service skills
Cons: no breaks
A Great Place to work for. Gives you a chance to learn new fields and improve on customer service skills. A typical day at work generally starts with setting up your station for the day. After completing this task you will go about the day helping customers and conducting secretary like tasks for the branch.
Productive and fun sometimes
TELLER, CUSTOMER SERVICE, HANDEL MAIN VAULT (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free supply
Cons: short brakes, short staff
Overall it was a good experience, someday was harder than other days. If one person called out then it was hard some days to get your lunches.
Solid company with a culture focused on both the customer and the employee
VP, Regional Marketing & Sales Support Manager (Former Employee), Fishkill, NYMarch 16, 2015
Pros: flexible work/life balance
Cons: technology platform
Fast paced environment with support around engaging the employee to strive for success. Generous sales bonus plan. Leadership team that really utilizes strategy when making corporate decisions and how they will affect the future of the bank, its shareholders and employees.
Generally committed employees with a long tenure at both the regional and senior management level.
Biggest challenge is technology enhancements.
Ok place to work
Banking Specialist (Current Employee), Oxon Hill, MDMarch 15, 2015
Pros: ok working environment
Cons: staffing
Helping ciustomers with their checking accounts.
We do ont have a manager
my co workers have been there for years making the same salary,
Productive, repetitive, Customer Service, Multitasking
Teller Manager (Former Employee), Largo, MDMarch 13, 2015
Pros: great work/life environment, benefits
Cons: short breaks, understaffed
A typical day was opening branch with two people and prep for opening by setting up teller stations and balancing and filling ATM. Once branch was opened, we assisted customer's needs with completing teller transactions, cold calls, sporadic audits, monitor security, completing night deposits, and answering questions. I learned a great deal about multitasking due to staffing issues but we did an awesome job with facing those issues because of cross training at the platform and teller stations. I was part of the Management team and had a very good relationship with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was not always meeting unrealistic goals during the hardest times of economic crisis. It was difficult when people were not able to qualify for a personal loan or refinance. The most satisfying or enjoyable part of the job was being of service to our customers and putting a smile on their face. I also enjoyed interacting with my co-workers about current events while still being productive.
Laziness abounds!
Licensed Relationship Banker III (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 10, 2015
The job is just like any other banking job where you help customers and change is constant. Unlike other institutions, the management is very lazy with no sense of urgency and it is tough to move up due to politics and a "higher than thou" mentality from all of the old-school bankers and managers.
A respectable professional environment.
Teller I (Former Employee), Pikesville, MDMarch 8, 2015
M&T bank is truly a customer oriented bank. They emphasize the importance of customer loyalty and safety. Though they do not pay as well as other regional banks, M&T Bank offers the chance of increased additional revenue for their employees through achieving and exceeding goals.
competitive
Business Banking Relationship Liaison (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 6, 2015
Backstabbing and not family oriented as claimed. Short training which leaves a person flying solo in a fast paced world. High turnover in position.

1 2 3 4 5

About M&T Bank

M&T Bank is considered one of the country's most highly regarded regional banks. We were founded more than 150 years ago in – Read more

M&T Bank Salaries