M&T Bank Employee Reviews in United States

A good company to work for!
Early Stage Credit counselor (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYAugust 25, 2016
Great people, nice management. Good place to work for! Co workers are very nice and engaging. The type pf job i have is very rewarding and has great experience
Diverse and inclusive work environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 24, 2016
i worked with an amazing team at M&T Bank Buffalo, NY. As a thriving bank the is so much room for growth and advancement. I would recommend anyone to work for this wonderful bank.
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2016
I enjoyed the variety in my job, it never got too boring. I learned so many things about manufacturing, packaging and labeling of over the counter pharmaceuticals. I liked working in the Pilot Laboratory with the miniature size equipment compared to the commercial size equipment used in the factory. I especially liked the scale-up process, that is where I learned the most about the robustness of the formula and the process used to manufacture gets challenged.
Great employer with friendly, experienced coworkers
Middle Market Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 21, 2016
Excellent super-regional bank with engaging, cooperative employees and a customer-centric mindset drawing back to its roots as a community bank.
great company
Relationship Banker I (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 21, 2016
Need to advance good employees in a more timely manner. Training is ongoing but actual hands on not available most of the time. I've seen a lot of good people move on to better jobs.
Commercial Teller (Former Employee) –  Perry Hall, MDAugust 12, 2016
Very straightforward job, excellent management, great work/life balance. Very easy occupation and guaranteed paid training.
Lots of travel
Loss Mitigation Field Investigator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 11, 2016
I was on the road an average 25 days a month. Dangerous but not stressful. I would locate people or property for bank. Other agents were great we were all different but did blend well.
Pros
travel
Cons
to much travel killed marriage
Nice place to work
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 10, 2016
Very busy, not hard work loved my co-workers worked there for 16 years only reason I left was to take care of a sick family member
Pros
Great benefits
Do not work here
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYJuly 24, 2016
Worse experience of my life. Management is horrible. The assistant manager spends most of her time outside smoking. The manager never has anything nice to say about your performance. It is like middle school someone is always talking about someone. Even management participates in this behavior.
A great place to learn
Associate (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 17, 2016
A great place to learn and develop your career. Competitive compensation packages for the area, and strong job security.
Lack of Management, Poor Coworker Relationships
Commercial Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJuly 14, 2016
I enjoyed this job more than any other because of the work itself. The industry is always changing therefore there are always new things to learn. There was very little guidance and mentoring and an abundance of outright hostile behavior and office politics. No management was present for the better part of six months. I learned that I thrive best in a friendly work environment where everybody on the team supports and encourages her teammates, and that the environment in this particular workplace proved too difficult to overcome.
Senior Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 10, 2016
M&T is a great company to work for. There is a healthy work life balance and great benefits. I have been working here for two years and I love it. I enjoy the customers and my co-workers.Great place to be employed, there is never anyone hovering over you to get the job done. You know you responsibilities and you perform them in a timely manner.
An okay bank to work for.
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJuly 6, 2016
I only worked at M&T bank part time. The upper management was pushy when it came to trying to get customers to sign up for stuff they don't need. Fortunately as a part timer, i didn't have to worry about doing that. The hours were good and people were also nice. They had nice pens too.
M&T Bank Excellent place to work
Systems Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAJune 30, 2016
M&T Bank is a good company to work for in the IT field.

Coworkers are great to work with you

The hardest part of the job is waiting for requirements and changes you need before you can start coding.
Pros
Managers help you and let you get your work done.
Cons
Could be more progressive in allow you to telecommute
I would not recommend anyone to work for this bank.
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Shamokin, PAJune 30, 2016
I liked my job and was very good at what I was responsible for. The pay was not very good for the amount of jobs I had to do. They expect alot from you with little compensation. My office that I worked at in Shamokin, had a lot of drama and cliques. Management was not very good. Terrible leadership.
Pros
I liked helping my customers
Cons
terrible management
good experience
Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 29, 2016
i developed my knowledge in M&T bank with slk implementation patner developed backend skills and front end skills

good team work and co-ordination was good
Great Place
Business Development Officer I (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJune 28, 2016
Highly recommend coming in as an MDP. Management is approachable and its a great culture. work life balance is also very fair.
Pros
401k match is great
Cons
health
temp job
Telephone Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJune 25, 2016
Was a cool atmosphere, I wish the assignment was longer, but other than that I have no complaints or issues with M&T. I didn't think I would ever get the hang of using so many screens as once during a call but I was an old pro by the end of the job.
Pros
the people I worked with
Cons
tempjob
good place to work
Senior Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 24, 2016
Creating a memorable customer experience that will make customers want to come back and do business with the bank! They can improve on the management skills.
Solid financial institution with sound ethics.
Project/Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 23, 2016
M&T is a stable place to work. Compensation and benefits are adequate and their office space/facilities are well maintained. M&T serves the Western NY communities and the other regional areas in its footprint well. It is a solid brand with a loyal customer base and many long time employees. The hardest part of the job is that with so many groups and people involved in projects, things tend to move slowly. There is a strong dependency on PMI and as a result, projects can be rather management heavy -- but they are also well documented.
Pros
Solid & Stable
Cons
Things happen slowly