M&T Bank

M&T Bank Employee Reviews

Ok place
Banker (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 20, 2015
Pros: Not many
Cons: unskilled management, bank does not have a sense of urgency
not a sophisticated bank, very small community bank mentality. Slow and non responsive management. There are many better companies to work for.
Friendly and Professional staff
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), NewburghMay 19, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, believes in promoting internally
Cons: long work day
Great place to work. Dedicated to providing superior customer service. Friendly and hard working staff. Makes recommendation based on customers needs
Good learning job
Business and Planning Analyst IV (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 19, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: Not a defined job and expectations.
Run reports from the system. Take results and populate them into reports and deliver them.

I learned some SQL. My most recent supervisor was very nice and supported my work. I worked closely with a few people who were knowledgeable and helpful.

Hardest part of the job was quick turn around on ad-hoc requests and the most enjoyable was getting those requests fulfilled with a happy internal customer.
Long lasting job opportunities...
Operations Associate III (Former Employee), One Fountain Plaza, Buffalo NYMay 18, 2015
Pros: Pay & Benefits
Cons: Management Inconsistencies and Unfairness.
This company has a great set of benefits and as a whole it does have a good handle on work life balance.

This company is a solid entity and it saddens me that in particular my isolated situation leads me to have something negative to say about them but it does need to find a better way to have management abide by their work life balance motto.
Good job, great benifits!
Teller (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 4, 2015
Pros: Many holidays off, great hours!
Cons: Taking the Metro everyday could be stressful
I really appreciated getting this job. This was my first job back in the work world after raising a family. It was difficult at first, but it was exciting to learn new things each day. I made some mistakes but I always tried not to repeat them.
M&T Bank
BSA Compliance Specialist I - Corporate Compliance (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 27, 2015
Pros: Conservative bank that encourages advancement.
Cons: Work Life Balance sometimes is challenging.
Working for M&T has been nothing short of amazing for my career. I have gained years experience in the trust and investments world, regulatory compliance and due diligence investigations in addition to obtaining my undergraduate degree in business management and economics.
great clientele
Senior Head Teller (Former Employee), Albany, NYApril 20, 2015
loved dealing with the branch customers and they in turn enjoyed working with me. liked to be to do an assessment of their needs and make recommendations.
Very productive work place
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 15, 2015
I learned a lot about managing money, my day consisted of handling monetary transactions. providing customer service
n/a
Teller (Current Employee), Cheektowaga, NYApril 9, 2015
I believe the atmosphere is good and the communication is awesome. the management team is realy effective and care about all of us and our overall goals.
FUN WORKPLACE
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYApril 8, 2015
Pros: DISCOUNTS ON STOCKS PURCHASE
Cons: SHORT BREAKS
RESPONSIBLE FOR CASH HANDLING, TRYING TO FIND SOLUTIONS FOR CUSTOMERS FINANCIAL NEEDS AND DIFFERENT DUTIES IN THE BRANCH, MANAGEMENT AT THE BRANCH WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL, UNDERSTANDABLE AND VERY FLEXIBLE. WONDERFUL COWORKERS AND NICE ENVIRONMENT. IT WAS FUN TO WORK AT M&T BANK WITH A NICE TEAM. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF WORKING THERE WAS TO HELP CUSTOMERS FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THEIR FINANCIAL NEEDS, AS WELL AS PROVIDING A FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE.
When in Martinsburg Branch Great Team Work
Bank Teller (Former Employee), MartinsburgApril 6, 2015
I left Martinsburg Branch and went to Much bigger branch in the city of Altoona and did not have a good team work ethic there at all.
People First. Bankers Second.
Management Development Trainee (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Pay, Travel, People
Cons: Lack of technology, Repetition, Competition
M&T Bank is a fundamentally sound institution that truly does care about its people. Banking as a whole is not very exciting, but a bank based out of Buffalo and Baltimore offers a more flexible work life balance than one located in New York City. Management really takes the time to get to know employees and see through their development.
productive.busy all day.
Commercial Teller (Former Employee), Cheektowaga, NYMarch 27, 2015
Pros: great people and customers.
Cons: had to make 12 referrals a guarter.
I liked the customers,crossed trained any job I could,employees were great.my dayconsisted of all business customers with very large deposits.i learned to stay organized and be patient with customers and employees.
Only worked for a few weeks, but technology seek aniquated.
Treasury Operations (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 26, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: culture
I only worked there for a few month during the merger with Wilmington Trust. However their systems seem aniquated and corporate culture seem to be get the most out of your people for as little as possible. Most jobs in Delaware are who you know, not what you know.
Productive and Fun work place
Sr. JAVA Developer (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Short breaks
Good Day at Work
Learned a Lot
Good management
Co-Workers Helped me a Lot
No Hardest Part of My Job
Through out my project i enjoyed my job
M&T Bank is a
Assistant Branch Manager, Regional Trainer (Current Employee), Somers, NYMarch 23, 2015
Pros: strong financial institution
Cons: technology, gaps in footprint locally
I have worked for M&T Bank since 2004 and have moved up the corporate ladder. Working for M&T has provided a fast paced, challenging, and very rewarding career that I'm very proud of. I have a strong client base, managed teams that have been greatly successful, and have helped so many clients reach there financial goals.
Conservative, fiscally responsible bank
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 22, 2015
While M&T has proven to be a successful bank, management is often stretched too thin. This hinders their efforts to successfully coach, mentor, and improve the skills of those individuals that report to them.
M&T a great place to improve social skills
Teller (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 22, 2015
Pros: great place to improve on customer service skills
Cons: no breaks
A Great Place to work for. Gives you a chance to learn new fields and improve on customer service skills. A typical day at work generally starts with setting up your station for the day. After completing this task you will go about the day helping customers and conducting secretary like tasks for the branch.
Productive and fun sometimes
TELLER, CUSTOMER SERVICE, HANDEL MAIN VAULT (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free supply
Cons: short brakes, short staff
Overall it was a good experience, someday was harder than other days. If one person called out then it was hard some days to get your lunches.
Solid company with a culture focused on both the customer and the employee
VP, Regional Marketing & Sales Support Manager (Former Employee), Fishkill, NYMarch 16, 2015
Pros: flexible work/life balance
Cons: technology platform
Fast paced environment with support around engaging the employee to strive for success. Generous sales bonus plan. Leadership team that really utilizes strategy when making corporate decisions and how they will affect the future of the bank, its shareholders and employees.
Generally committed employees with a long tenure at both the regional and senior management level.
Biggest challenge is technology enhancements.

1 2 3 4 5

About M&T Bank

M&T Bank is considered one of the country's most highly regarded regional banks. We were founded more than 150 years ago in – Read more

M&T Bank Salaries