M&T Bank Employee Reviews

Great work environement
Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21230February 18, 2017
Loved working this job. The workplace was very nice. At the time I was there they had a very nice lunch area, for the most part everyone was friendly towards one another. The dress code was very casual so that was very appealing. Management was very understanding
Pros
Secure safe building, nice work place, casual dress code, very easy job, coworkers very friendly
Cons
some long hours, scheduled ending times to exceed times appointed
Overworked underpaid
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 31, 2016
my typical day at work consisted on me being the only teller on staff All day, EVERY DAY. because of this the responsibilities i held were VERY OVERWHELMING. There were weeks were i would have to work 6 days straight with no lunch breaks. The company did not really appreciate all the work that i put in nor did i feel that they put much effort in getting help for me. But i guess it isn't such a terrible place to work if you're lucky enough to be placed in a fully staffed branch.
Pros
Networking
Cons
pay rate
Great environment to learn new things
Teller and ATM Custodian (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDDecember 20, 2016
I enjoyed taking on new responsibilities such as organizing the paperwork behind the teller line to increase efficiency and enhance the customer experience. Being the ATM Custodian allowed me to learn personal accountability and how to multitask while handling large amounts of cash.
Pros
Open communication with management
Cons
Bank to customer communication about new regulations was poor
Nice work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJanuary 29, 2017
The people can be nice to work for. The calls come in steady all day. We provide general account information the customers require or make payments. They provided training on new programs. The hardest part of the job was keeping calm when customers were unhappy or upset when something with their account was not correct. I like helping people with their accounts.
Great place to work, bad pay
Compliance Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 30, 2016
I have been working at this company for over 2 years and I love the job and the people. I have learned a lot and I would love to stay with the bank. The pay sucks though and we get no incentives or bonuses as it was said they could not do it fairly. Also, when banking officer titles are up for review, the people that have been with the bank for 20 years get it over people based on merit. Like I said, I do really enjoy working here and the atmosphere that I am in, however if they do not give us better pay or incentives I may have to look elsewhere.
Pros
Good people, easy to learn, good management
Cons
Low pay, no incentives or bonuses
Productive and collaborative work environment
Senior Talent Acquisition Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 11, 2017
Excellent management, very collaborative work environment. Retention in the Retail market is very low, there is a lot of turnover. In other Business lines, the tenure is very high as the culture is what keeps the employees happy and proud to work for M&T Bank and Wilmington Trust.
Pros
Excellent culture and benefits
Productive Place to work at.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 24, 2017
Productive Place to work at. Moving from Waterfall to Agile SDLC environment. Workplace is recession proof but pay is very less if you are a full time employee. They provide us 2 month coaching from Lean Dogs for Agile. The hardest part of the job was that place was too cold.
Pros
Recession Proof work since it is a Bank.
Cons
Pay less for a full time employment.
Great Ciustomer Service
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDDecember 1, 2016
A typical day at work consist of servicing patrons with banking needs, such as safe deposit, withdrawals, deposits, and product suggestions.
I learned how to cross sale.
Management often covered multiple locations.
Co-workers very nice and friendly
The most difficult part of the job was servicing the ATM's
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
Typical Bank
Business and Planning Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYFebruary 9, 2017
Nice company to work for, they have a lot of perks and benefits for being an employee. There is a lack of lack of consistency within the bank with different positions, hiring and management. Work environment is nice.
Pros
Nice benefits, good work environment
Good job
Relationship Banker I (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 25, 2017
Enjoyed this job but my branch was extremely busy which lead to me being a teller more than a relationship banker, which I didn't care for. Be careful working the teller line, easily the hardest part of work, dealing with the fraudulent bills and checks, and the pace of work makes it tough to catch everything and ensure your counts are correct.
Extremely stressful environment
Telephone Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Millsboro, DEDecember 15, 2016
Back to back calls all day. Abusive customer. Non helpful leadership. The only good thing is the opportunity for overtime. The bank is behind in technology so it makes the calls very difficult. Policies and procedures are definitely outdated.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Short lunch time. Micro management. Abusive customers.
Pay is terrible
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Millsboro, DENovember 4, 2016
They pay is terrible considering the responsibility that you.have. moreover there are different departments who have less workload but get more pay. Incentive plans are okay but a lot of times it's only their swag They offer as incentives. Your adherence is essential
as well as call quality. You will learn a lot about the banking industry.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Not enoigh pay
Typical bank work place
IT Project Manager II - Enterprise Data Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 15, 2017
Environment downtown was a much more productive environment than the new building at Appletree Mall. I was able to work at both buildings. The Amherst location was the most close team and positive working place.
Pros
Everyone was very nice to work with
Cons
Long distance commute
Ability for advanced learning, but no where for growth on what im in school for
Customer Service Associate, Collections (Current Employee) –  Millsboro, DE 19966October 10, 2016
I love working at M&T Bank, the people are great and the environment is very calm and welcoming. I have learned a lot since working here from right out of high school until now being a 21 year old adult. But since being in school and taking different career path that interest me besides banking. I now want the ability for growth in a career that I want to succeed in long into the future, especially something that I love and have always had an interest in.
Pros
great people, relaxed environment, always garunteed full time work, availibility for over time work
Cons
no room for growth, not in my career feild
Productive and Friendly Atmosphere as well as Very Professional and Customer Oriented
Head Teller/Teller (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PANovember 16, 2016
I was employed at M&T Bank for over 4 years..I was Head teller , I enjoyed my coworkers and looked forward to working every day..I also enjoyed the interaction I had with the public
Pros
Training Benefits Friendly Workplace and alot of advancement opportunities
Cons
None to report
Great Place to work
Backup Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJFebruary 23, 2017
My time at M&T Bank was great. I had a good workplace culture at the branch I was at. It provided me a lot of face to face client interaction, opportunity to grow my sales skills, and have a better understanding of retail banking side of things.
Pros
Culture, Management, Training
Cons
Pay is lower then its competitors
Secure place of employment
Assistant Vice President & Loan Workout Officer II (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 20, 2016
Good place to work, job security in most departments. There is always a chance to increase job experience and knowledge but not always a chance to move up via promotion.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Job promotions limited, pay scales need restructuring to meet current market and level of responsibility
Productive postion but no room for advancement.
Senior Credit Counselor/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 29, 2016
We had incentives but slowly were dropped down to nothing and the goals were un-obtainable once changed. instead of hiring a new team lead within the department that knew what the job entailed and how it was to be done. they hired a team leader from a completely different company with a completely different background who did not know the job at all. We as associates had to train our new team leader. No room for improvement
Great Company to work for.
Cyber Security SOC Analyst (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYFebruary 20, 2017
All my coworkers are hard working and helpful. We strive to get things done.
They love hiring internally, they would rather an employee take a job position first. I worked in the Network Control Center before I took the position at the Cyber Security Operation Center.
M&T - Best Job I've Had
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 29, 2016
I absolutely loved working for M&T Bank. I was a floater and ever single person I met within the company was fantastic. Unfortunately I had to leave because the pay was so low. It's a shame because I loved this job and got many compliments on my work there.
Pros
Work life balance, morale, fair, great staff
Cons
Compensation, working weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at M&T Bank. Our community is ready to answer.