M&T Bank Employee Reviews in United States

good place to work
Senior Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 24, 2016
Creating a memorable customer experience that will make customers want to come back and do business with the bank! They can improve on the management skills.
Solid financial institution with sound ethics.
Project/Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 23, 2016
M&T is a stable place to work. Compensation and benefits are adequate and their office space/facilities are well maintained. M&T serves the Western NY communities and the other regional areas in its footprint well. It is a solid brand with a loyal customer base and many long time employees. The hardest part of the job is that with so many groups and people involved in projects, things tend to move slowly. There is a strong dependency on PMI and as a result, projects can be rather management heavy -- but they are also well documented.
Pros
Solid & Stable
Cons
Things happen slowly
It was Great experience working with my team.
SQL BI Developer/SSIS/SSRS (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 23, 2016
I have learned many things, even I have a 7+ experience in MSBI. My co-workers and management amazing.I never feel this role is the hardest part of my job.Happiest part is Working in this kind of atmosphere, every day is enjoyable.
Very stratified managment structure
Loan Administration Legal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NY 14068June 23, 2016
Department management style encourages petty fiefdoms, and not organizational goals.

training system was well balanced

facilities were acceptable
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
HR specialist point of contact was less than competent
Bank Teller
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DEJune 16, 2016
A typical day at work is processing deposits, making payments, cashing checks, updating customer information and dealing with large amounts of cash. I have learned how to be very organized. You must be able to be very organized when you work in banking. I enjoy working around my co-workers and the management. Most of us who work at our branch have been with the bank for years and we've worked together so long that we're almost like family. I think the most intense part of the job is to constantly be on the lookout for a fraud situation so you can prevent that from happening. I think the best part of my job is getting appreciation from a customer that you have gone above and beyond to help with their information.
Pros
Serving the public and dealing with different situations every day
Cons
Dealing with irate customers
Growing company
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 13, 2016
retail
district manager does not Care about employees in the branches only Number of sales matter. the Number if transaction stressful for the employees.
Pros
good hours
Cons
too little pay
Nice company to work for.
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 13, 2016
I have worked for M & T Bank thru Kelly Services I really enjoyed. Some of the employees at M & T Bank are from Wilmington Trust which we are still family.
Management expects a lot in a fast pace environment
MIS Manager, Banking Officer (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 7, 2016
I've learned a lot in this position and strengthened my reporting and analytic skills. I'm responsible for all reporting for multiple departments with high visiblility to senior management. Hardest part of the job is the constant change of environment and high demands. This job definitely makes me feel important in my role at the bank.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Rarely ever get a break to even eat my lunch at my desk
Stable work
Check Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 6, 2016
A typical day at work included signing into and running imaging machinery. Mgmt was fair and considerate, and all my coworkers were friendly and team oriented.
somewhat of a good place to work
Banking/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DE 19966June 3, 2016
I would come in and sign in on my phone and take customer service and online banking calls. That was a great part of my job. I really like fixing peoples problems. That is why I always worked overtime. The people that worked with me were awesome.
Pros
great people
Cons
stressful at times
Strong credit-risk culture
(KYC) Officer (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJune 1, 2016
Strong, credit-risk culture. Community-minded, middle-tier bank. Overall friendly co-workers. Good, clean office environment. Good pantries. Lots of sharing of snacks, frequent free lunches. Frequent trips to headquarters in Buffalo, NY.
Pros
Online training programs
Cons
Long hours, poor systems, limited possibilities for promotion and adavancement, inaccesable management.
Good company
Fraud Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 31, 2016
Had an internship over the summer. It was a great experience with a great group of people. Coworkers are willing to help in any way they can.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, great people
Cons
Desk job
Great experience designing an App
User Interface and Graphic Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 30, 2016
Snow Angels was a prototype App development project I worked with in M&T. A typical week was communicating with the developers and making sure we are on the same page. Me and my partner was involved in the user interface and user experience part of the App.
Consistent and Reliable
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 30, 2016
M&T is a very culture based organization. They stick to their values as a traditional bank. Co-workers are very nice and the C-suite level is incredibly intelligent. While work/life balance is there, but compensation is less than other competitors.
Great place
Secretary ll (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAMay 26, 2016
it is all in all a great place to work but now time to branch out and see what else is out there to give me more knowledge and enhance my career path
Productive place to work--it's about the people
Commercial Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 23, 2016
M&T Bank is a good solid bank to work for. The work environment is good and people are the best part of the bank. Everyone works well together.
Pros
Good people
Cons
no advancement
Mtb bank
Consumer Asset Management (Current Employee) –  GettzvileMay 23, 2016
I can honestly say I love my career here at Mtb we are a close team and our goal is to prevent as many charge offs a possible. I take 50 to 100 calls a day with an 80 percent success rate of the accts being paid off . Hardest part of my job is the customer who's hardship cannot be fixed with the options we have.
Pros
great outings when our goals are reachd flexable scheduling for emergencies
Cons
short breaks
great bank to work for
Product Consultant (Current Employee) –  Millsboro, DEMay 22, 2016
i been working there for a few years now, M&T is a good company to work for. It has many great benefits and they look out for there employees. I like that they are a local corporate bank.
Efficient and knowledgable place to grow
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 19, 2016
The best part about my job is that my job is not widget-based. I'm constantly learning new processes and transactions. I like to be challenged with my jobs to keep my interest. The people that I work with (both co-workers and management) are fantastic and know what it takes to work on a team. I believe that the hardest part about my job would be to know when and what to delegate work appropriately. It's easy to get caught up with a transaction and want to take on more work than you can handle.
Benefits
Cons
Parking
If you align yourself right you'll go far
Teller (Former Employee) –  New York StateMay 18, 2016
If you're one of the favorites, they'll push you through as fast as you can go. If you're not then you'll be a bit of an outcast.