M&T Bank Employee Reviews

Productive postion but no room for advancement.
Senior Credit Counselor/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 29, 2016
We had incentives but slowly were dropped down to nothing and the goals were un-obtainable once changed. instead of hiring a new team lead within the department that knew what the job entailed and how it was to be done. they hired a team leader from a completely different company with a completely different background who did not know the job at all. We as associates had to train our new team leader. No room for improvement
great to work for
Operating Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 26, 2016
They have many locations in the Buffalo and srrounding areas. Management is reat to work with. They are very much about family and work with you, especially if you are a caretaker of children or someone who is ill at home. They have great pay rate and benefits
The corporate message was confusing
Senior Vendor Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 26, 2016
During the final interview, the Executives which I interviewed with stated they welcomed all candidates - even without prior banking experience. However, during my experience, the culture was extremely biased to the fact I did not have the prior banking experience.
Pros
None to speak of
Cons
Professional Culture
Great career
Retail Regional Sales Manager - Admin V.P (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PASeptember 22, 2016
I started with M&T Bank right out of college and grew with the company over the past 13 years. I was well thought of and built a solid working relationship with everyone in retail banking along with many others in different lines of work within the bank. I was able to progress quickly to higher levels of responsibility and compensation. I learned a great deal about leading by example and engaging a work force. The culture at M&T was excellent as they practiced the open door policy at all levels, making everyone comfortable to reach out when needed. My favorite part of my last role as Regional Sales Manager was the ability to do daily coaching and development with my 18 direct reports along with the other 100 employees the rolled up under my responsibility.
Pros
Great work life balance, support from management, open feedback
Cons
Less pay than competition, archaic computer systems
Excellent Workplace
Collateral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 20, 2016
Overall it's a great place to work. Paying for parking is very expensive. The benefits are good. Great company and would recommend this place as a great company to work for.
Pros
Great workplace
Cons
Paying for Parking
I love coming to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  95 Madison AveSeptember 20, 2016
I love working for M&T the staff and coworker are great , the hour are great Monday to Friday .The environment is good M&T
Keep us updated with what going in the bank.
Cons
Working on Saturday which I don't get to spent much time with the family
Constant Improvement
Senior Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYSeptember 19, 2016
Company is constantly trying to improve what the offer to the customers which means constant changes. They like recent graduates with Bachelor degrees. They have a management development and sales development program for the graduates.
Pros
opportunity for advancement
A day and a life with M & T Bank
Relationship Banker I/Floater (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 15, 2016
Depending on where you are working, you can make the best of bad circumstances with a great group of co workers.

Floating is the best way to get to know everyone at different branches and experience where you want to be if you want to be planted.
Pros
Free checking and savings accounts
Cons
1/2 hour lunch breaks
Many ways to advance
Senior Teller/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 14, 2016
M&T is a great company to work for. They're very interested in helping you advance. They just don't pay enough. Other than that great managers that are supportive of your advancement.
Pros
Great management. Advancement Opportunities.
Cons
Not paid enough
Typical day at the office
Relationship Banker II (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 11, 2016
Have a huddle every morning to talk about how we are going to make our quarterly and annual goals. All employees are expected to work teller line and platform.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
Healthcare (high deductible plan), low salary
Great Job. Sucky Tellers.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, MDSeptember 7, 2016
Job would be fantastic if my coworkers weren't so awful. Definitely a job I could see my self loving without these idiots. Riviera Beach Maryland tellers are catty and not helpful. Tell you a thousand different ways to do things and then yell at you for it. The job itself is easy if you don't plan on talking to anyone except customers. Can't even ask questions without getting an attitude.
Retail
Retail Banking (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 3, 2016
Depending on who your manager is you will either love or hate working here. Company is growing and understands how to ensure customers are satisfied.
Pros
Job security
Wonderful job while in college
PT Teller (Current Employee) –  Havre de Grace, MDAugust 29, 2016
Being a PT Teller was an exceptional job during the last few years of my college career. My branch worked with my changing schedules and other times I needed off for school/events. I'm lucky because my co-workers have been wonderful and the environment is very positive where I work.

I have learned so much there about business and I know that this foundation will help me in my future business career.

I love being able to talk with our customers and help them in any way I can, that's my favorite part about my job. I can help people by uncovering small ways to help them out in the future. The hardest part about being a teller is the lack of staff which means you have more responsibility put on your shoulders.

Overall, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at M&T.
Pros
Great co-workers, positive environment, willing to work around schedules
Cons
Staffing
A good company to work for!
Early Stage Credit counselor (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYAugust 25, 2016
Great people, nice management. Good place to work for! Co workers are very nice and engaging. The type pf job i have is very rewarding and has great experience
Diverse and inclusive work environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 24, 2016
i worked with an amazing team at M&T Bank Buffalo, NY. As a thriving bank the is so much room for growth and advancement. I would recommend anyone to work for this wonderful bank.
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2016
I enjoyed the variety in my job, it never got too boring. I learned so many things about manufacturing, packaging and labeling of over the counter pharmaceuticals. I liked working in the Pilot Laboratory with the miniature size equipment compared to the commercial size equipment used in the factory. I especially liked the scale-up process, that is where I learned the most about the robustness of the formula and the process used to manufacture gets challenged.
Great employer with friendly, experienced coworkers
Middle Market Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 21, 2016
Excellent super-regional bank with engaging, cooperative employees and a customer-centric mindset drawing back to its roots as a community bank.
great company
Relationship Banker I (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 21, 2016
Need to advance good employees in a more timely manner. Training is ongoing but actual hands on not available most of the time. I've seen a lot of good people move on to better jobs.
Commercial Teller (Former Employee) –  Perry Hall, MDAugust 12, 2016
Very straightforward job, excellent management, great work/life balance. Very easy occupation and guaranteed paid training.
Lots of travel
Loss Mitigation Field Investigator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 11, 2016
I was on the road an average 25 days a month. Dangerous but not stressful. I would locate people or property for bank. Other agents were great we were all different but did blend well.
Pros
travel
Cons
to much travel killed marriage