M&T Bank

M&T Bank Employee Reviews

Loved my job
BSA/AML Compliance Officer (EDD Team Member) (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 6, 2016
Loved my job, however, the pay was lower than market rate. Coworkers were nice and friendly, but some lower level management (team managers) were not as friendly.
Pros
Job Training
Cons
Contract positions only and not much opportunities for advancement into other departments.
Customer Service is # 1
Construction Loan Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 3, 2016
Work day is never boring. Assisting in helping customers build the home of their dreams. Received and made calls to our customer, appraisers, inspectors, and builders. Helped with sending out monies for draws and revising draw schedules. Processed invoices. Management worked along side of employees doing same work along with administrative duties they had assigned to them. Working for M & T who took over Keystone made the people you worked with feel like family. Hardest part of job is when you cant help the customer and best part is when you were able to see a home built from the ground up.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Office politics
Awesome!!!
Bank teller (Current Employee) –  Parkville, MDJanuary 30, 2016
i currently work at M&T and enjoy every second of my day at work. I am only a part time teller but the pay is great (for someone with no huge responsibilities) and management is very flexible with scheduling. Also the other tellers make the bank very comfortable and the work day goes by fast!
Senior Teller / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 27, 2016
Manager was nice
Great customers
Happy with customers
Pros
Cons
Short staff
See previous
Manager (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYJanuary 27, 2016
Have worked in two different roles but as described it all is equal to each role. Grateful for the time I have had with a great company.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Awful place to work
Sales Manager/Banker (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYJanuary 25, 2016
Company and mgmt are antiquated and working 20 yrs behind the times.
Bank mgmt micromanages all activity, from a bathroom break to a 20 minute lunch and are very un emotional almost robotic in treatment of their staff.
Stay Away
RELATIONSHIP BANKER II (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 24, 2016
The pay is low. Healthcare is a joke. Technology is outdated and makes it difficult to do our jobs. Claims to be customer and relationship oriented but that's not true;They only care about selling and their bottom line. The worst management I've ever encountered. Lots of unhappy people which leads to high turnover. Employees are simply not valued at M&T Bank.
co work outings with ceo
OUTBOUND SALES (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DEJanuary 22, 2016
co workers, management, and myself would do games to see who would come in first with (I don't know) 10 loan apps. and whoever did got a small prize. It was always fun and we made quotas all the time. Hardest was reading all federal guidelines to customers. Hearing customers voice change when good news
Pros
some times free lunch, or a company picnic
Fun place to work, feels like you apart of a big family.
Relationship Liaison II (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 20, 2016
On a day to day basis I can deal with 5 or more of my branches. Working with them on new loan opportunities, modifications to existing loans, assisting customers with their accounts and much more. Also I will have communication with each of my 3 business bankers, working with them on pulling different prospect and cross sell lists, new deals to add into pipeline, updates on existing workflow and much more.

I am responsible for protecting the bank and customer from any possible risk or loss/

The hardest part of my job can be that I am one person. To maintain all the items that come across the desk in a day to day basis, sometimes can become overwhelming. However, with proper time management and prioritizing items from high to low, gets the job done.

I enjoy working for M&T Bank as I feel that I am apart of a family. My direct upper management, respects me as a person and understands family life. They also are there should you need answers to questions, without leaving a message and delaying your response to where needed.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
salary is not compensated accuratly for the job description and responsibility
Enjoyed interacting with the customers
Teller (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day involved greeting customers and assisting them with their banking needs. I most enjoyed the customer interaction
Pros
downtown
Cons
short breaks
M&t
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDJanuary 18, 2016
Learned a great deal of accounting information and money management. Management was pretty bad. Over worked with terrible pay. No real incentives. Health benefits were pretty mad as well.
Pros
Meet great client.
Cons
Healthcare, compensation, management
Great job, hour commute
Sr. Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJanuary 11, 2016
I loved working at M&T, the reason I had to leave was the long commute. I liked being in charge of myself. We worked at a fast pace to determine when we got out that evening.
Nice working environment and less pay
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 6, 2016
It is nice financial company. Company has friendly work environment. Manager will listen team member concerns and opinion, and also provider help. Our co-workers all help each other to work effectively. For example, I got help for FTP program skill which i do not strong skill. I also provide my SQL skill to co-workers.. Team members have opportunity to work on several projects and alos
Pros
nice working environment
Cons
slow pace
Ok place to work.
Teller (Former Employee) –  NYDecember 12, 2015
A typical day was waiting on customers, sometimes it was like visiting with family. I enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Dysfunctional
Relationship Banker I (Former Employee) –  Topton, PADecember 2, 2015
Worked for this bank for 5 months and have never experienced a bank to be so unorganized and dysfunctional it might have been the location i was working
Sr. Credit Analyst
Senior Credit Analyst - Commercial Underwriting (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 2, 2015
Very unappealing environment. Top heavy with males. I really liked all my co-workers and my work but the acquisition with M&T led to the elimination of the Baltimore Department.
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Goshen, NYNovember 23, 2015
M&T is a great company to work for . There is room for flexibility with hours. You must be very sales driven . They help you attain your insurance and investment licenses by offering training. It's a customer oriented place where they get to know the customers and understand their needs.
Management has to step up.
Teller/Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Southern PA.November 22, 2015
After 8 1/2 years, I feel like I have seen both the plusses and minuses of M&T.

It's truly sad to see how far a company can fall in such a short amount of time. Their only concern is sales. That is it. You don't make your sale goals or referrals, you are out!

Making full time employees work 6 day work weeks...ridiculous. People have lives! They NEED time away from work. Especially when they are being worked like dogs. Branches only have 2 employees working at a time so M&T can save a few dollars??? Truly pathetic.
Pros
Health benefits are reasonable for today's world.
Cons
No breaks. 6 day work weeks. Management that just doesn't care.
productive workplace
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Millsboro, DENovember 19, 2015
productive workplace, great pay and had some room for advancement but not enough. overall not a horrible exp. People there are wonderful and very caring
Helping people achieve their financial goals
Assistant Branch Manager/Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  Mahanoy City, PANovember 18, 2015
Most coworkers and customers were the most enjoyable part of working here. Company consistently pushed for more making work life very stressful. High turnover of employees. Long term dedicated employees thrown away for employees with less compensation. Given "opportunities" for bonus with near impossible goals. Diminished work staff. Upper management was completely corporate with no concern for longevity, experience or family except for their own benefit. They make things sound perfect in the beginning and act differently afterwards. "Understanding what's important" is not what you expect. Great for short term employment but if you want a career, look elsewhere.
Pros
Small town family atmosphere
Cons
Overworked, Unappreciated, Fake management