M&T Bank

M&T Bank Employee Reviews

Solid Financial Institution
AVP (Former Employee), NYJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Strong financial presence, most managers are ethical, good benefits, working conditions, education assistance
Cons: some managers should not be managers
Strong financial presence, most managers are ethical, good benefits, working conditions, education assistance, some manager should not be managers
Great Company
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), Salisbury, MDJuly 28, 2015
Great company to work for and to stand behind. Only thing lacking here is technology. The systems are outdated and not too user friendly, and customers get impatient waiting.
great job
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee), buffalo new yorkJuly 23, 2015
good place to work at with a large diverse group of people. Very friendly environment. The establishment was kept pristine at all times.
Great if you are experinced, not for beginners - no training
Business Process Analyst (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJuly 23, 2015
Pros: no micro-managing
Cons: no training
Great people to work and comfortable environment. Management is not organized or up to speed on what is expected. Chaotic timeline, not prepared for deadlines so everyone scatters at the end of the month. Little to no training available. Learned a great deal on my own.
Productive work place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Amherst, NYJuly 14, 2015
Typically I would work on paper work as well as administrative work for M&T Bank. Everyday I would work alone which helped me realize how hard one has to work on a daily basis.
high volume of commercial customers, great employees
Senior Teller (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJuly 9, 2015
Pros: fast-paced, enthusiastic environment; wonderful customers
Cons: staff scheduling sometimes an issue
I quickly learned how to multitask because it was often necessary. My co-workers were very friendly and always willing to assist customers whenever possible or direct them to appropriate personnel if necessary. My managers had an "open-door" policy; you could talk to them whenever the need arose. The most difficult part of the job was multitasking when there was limited staff. The most enjoyable part of the job was always interacting with the customers. They were always appreciative of great customer service.
its good for experiance
Relationship Banker (Current Employee), harrisburgJuly 8, 2015
the job does not pay great but is good for experience. the bank has good people to work with. great for college kids.

You will have to be on the teller line a lot and when you are not you will be making cold calls.
Learnig Experince
Teller (Former Employee), Washington DCJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: bad location
I would arrive to work and wait for the manager to get there so we can go in. Safety rule. Count my teller draw and then get ready for the morning meeting. Then it was time to help the customers. So I cash checks, made referrals, deposits, etc. The best part of being a teller is meet new people. I like meeting new people and hearing there story.
Good place
Commercial Card Specialist I (Current Employee), Williamsville, NYJuly 7, 2015
Secure place to work. Employees do not worry about the loss of jobs. The bank continues to grow with advancement opportunities.
Job security
Business & Planning Analyst (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 28, 2015
M&T is very good place to work if your looking for a long lasting career. I worked for them for 11 years. work and life balance was good. excellent benefits
Enjoyed working for M&T Securities
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), York, PAJune 28, 2015
I enjoyed my 9 years working for M&T Bank, I had the best co-workers in the Securities department and the retail. Everyone worked as a team and M&T encourages teamwork. I would recommend to friends and family.
Great banking experience
Summer Management Development Program (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 23, 2015
Great management and a great experience with extensive interaction between with upper level executives in the bank representing several different departments.
A great and stable company to work in
Cyber Security Engineer (Current Employee), Amherst, NYJune 23, 2015
I rate M&T as a good and stable company to work at, unfortunately career advancement opportunities are not as frequent as local competitors, however company does offer stable and stress free job.
Great atmosphere
Teller (Former Employee), New Hartford, NYJune 22, 2015
The workplace was a great environment to learn about yourself as well as pursue your career goals. M&T offers students a great oppurtunity at a fulfilling job as well as opportunity to advance.
not a good experience
AVP (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 21, 2015
Too much of politics inthe company
not happy
benefits are not good
favouritism
too much of attrition
dsffd

fdsfndsmnfdmsfndsmfndsmndsm fdmsfndmsbffs
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 20, 2015
Pros: Good management
Cons: Salary too low
M & T was a great place to work but their pay is not enough for the responsibilities and what you need to know for the position.
Secretary III
Secretary III (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 17, 2015
Cons: healthcare costs
My typical day of work is to maintain calendars, arrange travel, assist others in whatever they may need to accomplish. My co-workers are a pleasure to work with and make me part of the team. The hardest part of the job is to fully understand the importance of what Risk Management does at the bank. The staff is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Productive Business
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 16, 2015
Pros: Co-Workers
Cons: Pay
Productive workplace.
I got along well with Co-workers and a Good Team Player.
I did my best every day/every department I worked.
I liked the Business , that I worked for 23 years.
The hardest part of my job was work was some what stressful
at times.
Teller (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NyJune 15, 2015
what can i say its the greatest place i have ever work. They pay the best. The people are the best. Everyone should work there.
Very great place to be.
Retail associate (Former Employee), Williamsville, NYJune 12, 2015
Pros: benefits, managment
Cons: scheduling
I enjoyed working with m&t and if I had another opportunity I would be glad to work with them again. Training team was excellent. Everything was easy to understand, and the systems were user friendly.
Industry