M&T Bank

M&T Bank Employer Reviews

The worst employment decision ever made!!!
Manager (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PaJuly 22, 2014
Pros: the time off
Cons: culture, work environment, management
Beware to anyone considering working here...especially if you're outside the organization and have never been in a "Bank" environment. The culture is horrible...especially in the building I was in. The majority of people were non-social and made you feel uncomfortable by their unfriendliness and they distanced themselves from you. There's no fraternization, – more... no camaraderie with other coworkers....just a constant "CYA" atmosphere where everyone is afraid to offend the next person and if you do, beware! If you don't fit in or conform...watch out!

The work environment's most common statement is, "The Bank" says do this or "The Bank" says do that and it's very similar to the Wizard of Oz whereby everyone has to listen without any voice or opinion!! You'll never have your ideas or suggestions heard as "The Bank" has their own way of doing things and if you don't like it, either keep your mouth shut or find another job.

The management I was subjected to was awful and never provided any guidance as a new employee to get acclimated to "The Bank" ways and the unwritten rules of how to work with the numerous departments that we had to deal with. Speaking of....it's insane how many people are involved with the simplest things all because of the CYA environment that exists there. The waste of time, energy and effort is unbelievable all because of "The Bank's" culture.

The management (which are all VP's) only cares to "look" good in their supervisors eyes and could care less about anything else...especially the people that work under them. They will fabricate and exaggerate reports all to satisfy the folks in Buffalo. During a week long stay in the hospital, my supervisor never called or visited to see how I was doing and never asked how I was once I returned. She only had one thing on her mind...get projects done so SHE could look good. That spoke volumes about her character and that is when I knew I made a mistake going to M&T.

I will say that at the Branch level the people there were more friendly and outgoing and perhaps it's because they have more "people skills" unlike the "institutionalized zombies" in the corporate offices.

To anyone considering employment at M&T....just be careful for what "think" what you're getting into. It's NOT AT ALL what they tell you it will be. – less
the most enjoyable part of the job
Teller (Former Employee), Dover Plains, NYJuly 21, 2014
customers and co workers
easy to learn how to do
still use as my bank
A typical day at work
Teller (Current Employee), Easton, mdJuly 17, 2014
A typical work day is usually upbeat, very entertaining, everyone gets along great. The atmosphere is great and so are the people. I love working here, especially my branch.
productive,fun
Mortgage processor (Former Employee), Ballston Lake, NYJuly 17, 2014
Great company to work for. Everyone is always very helpful. Benefits are great. Management is great to work with.
would go back
Senior Mortgage Servcing Representative (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJuly 15, 2014
Enjoyed going from Temp to perm.
Also enjoyed the work I did, would def. reapply .
Very busy, fast paced, and diverse office environment.
Commercial Relationship Liaison (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 14, 2014
Pros: caring, compassionet work/life balance.
Cons: cost of healthcare (out of pocket expenses)
I start my day with the daily reports, overdrafts, account service, rates. I move on to checking my emails for any customer concerns, questions, requests. I resolve any concerns and I monitor through out the day. Most of my customer contact is via email. I support the Relationship Managers in the Healthcare and Not for Profit group. I could do anything – more... from open new accounts, maintenance on existing accounts, close loans, order appraisals, environmental reports, flood certificates, order supplies, schedule meetings, and maintaining credit files. A new KYC/AML policy has been implemented and it is challenging to complete the requirements to be in compliance. I love to help the customers, this has always be what I like best, helping customers. – less
A nice place to start your career
Business Analyst - Administrative (Current Employee), Williamsport, PAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: company picnic
Cons: healthcare
A typical work day consist of reports, setting up projects and managing the office environment. Management is typical for this area. I've learned how to work with different personalities. The hardest part of this job is functionality. The most enjoyable part of this job is it is a great company to grow with.
High volume of documents to review daily
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJuly 8, 2014
Pros: benefits, advancement, good working environment.
Cons: cubicle environment, compensation.
Learned quite a bit from the banking industry. The environment was nice to work in. Most co-workers were friendly & helpful. Cubicle environment, customer service, analyzing data/documents.
Friendly Atmosphere
Active Directory Engineer (Former Employee), Amherst, NYJuly 7, 2014
It was a great place to work. It was always busy and fast paces.
good work atmosphere
Office Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 26, 2014
I liked working here. but there wasn't much interaction with other people in my department. but I did enjoy the learning experience
ok place to work
Teller (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 24, 2014
not the most employee friendly job. pay is good. hard to advance and management wil be down your neck
Very productive
Collections & Recovery Specialist (Former Employee), Getzville, NYJune 17, 2014
I enjoyed my workday. I kept a full and busy schedule. I would come in check my emails and work iteniary and get my jobb done.
Really enjoy working with co-workers
Operations Associate II (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJune 17, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: need more training
It was a challenge, but I learned a lot. I really think M&T Bank should offer better training for there employees , I think if they would do that then the company as a whole would be more productive in their Jobs.
productive
Mortgage credit counselor (Current Employee), Buffalo NYJune 16, 2014
fun place, productive, managment easy going and very understanding
great place to work
Licensed Default Mortgage Underwriter (Current Employee), Getzville, NYJune 13, 2014
Licensed default mortgage underwriter for FHA, USDA and VA loans
Easy work that kept you busy the whole shift.
Senior Operations Clerk (Former Employee), Getzville, NYJune 11, 2014
I would sort through checks and take out tapes, paperclips, and staples. Then after the checks were run through an imaging machine, I would make sure that all the deposits were in balance.
great co-workers
Proof Encoder (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJune 11, 2014
Loved encoding checks and doing data entry and making sure everything balanced.
Strong Bank
Vice President (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDJune 3, 2014
Pros: good bank
Cons: insufficient management
M&T was a good bank to work for the majority of my 16 year tenure. A personal health issue and a local acquisition of a bank as well as insufficient local management caused me to leave when I was approached and made a lot of promises by BB&T
Eh
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDJune 3, 2014
The only reason i like this job is because of the people i work with. moving up and advancing is difficult, there are not many options. the pay is not good.
Great work place with many opportunities for advancement and a supportive management structure
Mortgage Post-Closing Specialist (Former Employee), Amherst, NYJune 3, 2014
Pros: supportive management team
My role at M&T Bank consisted of contacting settlement agents to obtain documents for mortgages that were already closed. Most often, this involved requesting corrections on title policies, mortgages, and CEMAs or requesting those documents if we did not already have them on file. In addition, I was charged with the task of entering data about pools – more... of mortgages the bank recently bought and other filing duties.

The management staff was excellent at training and remained available at all times to make sure that I received any support I may have needed. Overall, I learned much about the office environment and the proper business-to-business conduct. I also gained much-wanted experience in the clerical/administrative field. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About M&T Bank

M&T Bank is considered one of the country's most highly regarded regional banks. We were founded more than 150 years ago in – Read more

M&T Bank Photos