M&T Bank Employee Reviews

Great Company with room for growth
Teller (Current Employee) –  Hudson Valley ,NYMay 7, 2017
Customer service based bank. Teller duties include processing customer transactions, balancing cash and preventing loss to the bank. Medical,dental and vision benefits, 401K, paid vacation and holidays. Accessible management and friendly work environment
Overall a great place to start a career
Pros
Benefits for all even P/T
Cons
Starting pay
a little too relaxed
Assistant Vice President/Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAMay 7, 2017
not a place that embraces change well. Great place to work if you just want to put in your time and move on. Not aggressive in a competitive market place. Makes success sometimes difficult.
Relationship Liaison (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 5, 2017
My immediate management tried to be empathetic towards my job work/life balance. Sometimes things are out of their control. Understandably, the bottom line will always be about profit!
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Diverse bank Very Community minded
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYMay 5, 2017
Excellent Employer. Co workers an e engaged through the High 5 system of recognition. Management is proactive to the needs of the employee through training and followup.
Pros
Training
Cons
Na
Compliance
Director of Special Investigations (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 5, 2017
This institution provides significant opportunity to take on challenging initiatives. You must be highly independent, self-managing and driven. Little to no regard for work life balance is a negative reality of a Division attempting to fundamentally re-organize and establish an infrastructure. The work is challenging and provides a great opportunity to develop talent in a high stakes, fast moving environment if you can approach it as a dynamic, durable problem solver.
Good work life balance bad managers
Portfolio Retention Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 4, 2017
Company culture is good benefits are good most managers are good but a few are very bad and not much room for growth in certain departments hard to suggest new ideas due to culture of company
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Managers
You have to really know what you are doing otherwise you are out the door.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Rye Brook, NYMay 4, 2017
When I first started with M & T Bank I just came from working with a savings and loan bank. I never experienced cross selling. I have suggested other products that my bank has to offer but Their is a quota that has to be met. The bank tends to favor customers that have money. They push out customers that they feel take out large amounts of money to often and if a customer has a fit that you ask for a drivers license and complains about it, you might be fired.
Customer Service
Relationship Banker II (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 3, 2017
working in a in store environment is quite different than working in a traditional branch, there is a lot of traffic which requires multi tasking, your skills are put to the test constantly but is very rewarding
Very productive in a good place to work
Receptionist/ Researcher (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMay 2, 2017
Good place to work, great benefits but you never feel your job is secure. They provide excellent training and offer Family Support Services. They also had excellent mentors
Pros
Benefits and training
Cons
Perceived lack of job security
fantastic
Teller (Former Employee) –  Parkville, MDMay 2, 2017
great experience for me to allow myself to get into the finacial business. home/work life was great. i was able to go to school fullt itme while working full time
Conservative and good sense of job security
Relationship Liaison (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 2, 2017
conservative and good sense of job security
because people tend to stay at M&T for long periods of time upward mobility is a bit slow, but you can carve out your own niche.
Get work balance place.
Relationship Banker II (Current Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDApril 30, 2017
Love the job and they work with me on my schedule as a single parent, the pay and the benefits, not so much. Health care is poor with a high deductible.
M&T Bank
Accounting Associate (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 27, 2017
Overall good place to work. I have been able to improve on my excel skills while working with M&T Bank. Management is apleasure to work for, as well as supervisors and co-workers.
Pros
Monthly lunches from management
Cons
Expensive Healthcare
No Comment
Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 27, 2017
Due to management I did not have a pleasant experience. I worked in a very hostile work environment. I was relieved that my job was eliminated. I am not usually this negative but for this I have no other choice.
Customer service oriented
Senior Teller/Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pennsdale, PAApril 27, 2017
A typical day dealt with the balancing of a single drawer, a branch ATM, and auditing teller transactions. Sending cash to the reserve. Training new staff. Attend meetings.
Pros
working with the public
Cons
hours, pay, location
Complete Employment
Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYApril 26, 2017
M & T offered a complete balance with work and personal. They had continual training in-house as well as education reimbursement. Advancement in your current position was possible or moving to management level.
Pros
Education and advancement
Good Company
Branch Sales Associate and Teller Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYApril 23, 2017
Good Company - a lot of room for advancement. Lower end jobs do not pay well, however they have good benefits. The company is continues to grow Nationwide.
Not appreciated
Assistant Branch Manager/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDApril 22, 2017
M&T Bank like every other banking institution only cares about one thing, money. It's understandable of course. I really enjoyed training and working to help my employees become more adept at the requirements of the job. My branch was very successful. I personally made 2.1 million dollars in investments, but was given no recognition by upper management.
Pros
Work closely with employees
Cons
No recoginition
overall not a bad company to work for.
National Market Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 21, 2017
Overall, not a bad company, but some of the management there lacks "Communication skills.

Pros would be Benefits and Cons would be the pay is not good at all.
Not for those who are high achievers
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 19, 2017
Culture is change adverse, management is hard to work for, you will be micromanaged, and judged on relationship, not performance. Good pay, good work life balance.
Pros
Pay, work / life balamce
Cons
Bad management, hard to find success

Ask a question about working or interviewing at M&T Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval