M&T Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Wonderful Bank and environment. Quality Management Team
SR. COMMERCIAL LOAN REVIEWER, AVP (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 31, 2016
M&T is still managed like a smaller Buffalo, NY based Bank.
Employees are treated with respect.
I was able to receive quality training and my work at M&T resulted in my very strong credit skills that are both very detailed and global.
Pros
The stability of the BAnk
Cons
Minimum jobs in the Philly market.
somewhat of a good place to work
Banking/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DE 19966June 3, 2016
I would come in and sign in on my phone and take customer service and online banking calls. That was a great part of my job. I really like fixing peoples problems. That is why I always worked overtime. The people that worked with me were awesome.
Pros
great people
Cons
stressful at times
A nice Place to work
Senior Teller Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NJMarch 16, 2016
A typical day for me is always challenging and I am busy multitasking all day. I find it challenging and rewarding. I deal with customers all day long either in Person or on the phone.I manage a teller line, make schedules, maintain the vault and various reports daily. Its a busy day and I like to keep active and help others.
Pros
Employee perks
Cons
Low Pay
productive work place with a big team
Test Coordinator/ Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 25, 2016
typical day at work is to have scrum meetings work with BA's & developers. Execute test cases find defects log defects track defects regression functional integration testing working with business team analyzing & writing requirements
Pros
good work environment
Cons
no cons
Good company if you are an employee. Somewhat difficult to advance if you are not in the inner circle
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 19, 2016
A truly good and stable company that should continue in a positive direction. Somewhat difficult to advance and lagging in technology in my group.
Pros
Stable, typical banking environment
Cons
difficult to advance into senior management
Managed a Bank Branch
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  North Salem, NYMay 15, 2016
Managed a Bank branch and several employees. I learned about underwriting loans. The hardest part of the job was managing the tellers who were late and sometimes didn't prove their draws at the end of the day.
Pros
Managing a Bank Branch
Cons
The bank was sometimes very slow because it was in a rural area.
Lots of jobs - poor managers
Project Analyst / Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYFebruary 16, 2016
The job was oversold. I did half of what I thought I would do and nothing at the level I expected. The manager that hired me left 2 months after I was hired and I had no one to let me know what my duties were. I made my own position and responsibilities.

My manager was promoted to his position and it was obvious early on the he was in way over his head. He rare came out of this office and his door was always close. I knew he was in when his door was closed.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Management, expensive parking downtown
temp job
Telephone Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJune 25, 2016
Was a cool atmosphere, I wish the assignment was longer, but other than that I have no complaints or issues with M&T. I didn't think I would ever get the hang of using so many screens as once during a call but I was an old pro by the end of the job.
Pros
the people I worked with
Cons
tempjob
An okay bank to work for.
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJuly 6, 2016
I only worked at M&T bank part time. The upper management was pushy when it came to trying to get customers to sign up for stuff they don't need. Fortunately as a part timer, i didn't have to worry about doing that. The hours were good and people were also nice. They had nice pens too.
Very stratified managment structure
Loan Administration Legal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NY 14068June 23, 2016
Department management style encourages petty fiefdoms, and not organizational goals.

training system was well balanced

facilities were acceptable
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
HR specialist point of contact was less than competent
Customer Service is # 1
Construction Loan Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 3, 2016
Work day is never boring. Assisting in helping customers build the home of their dreams. Received and made calls to our customer, appraisers, inspectors, and builders. Helped with sending out monies for draws and revising draw schedules. Processed invoices. Management worked along side of employees doing same work along with administrative duties they had assigned to them. Working for M & T who took over Keystone made the people you worked with feel like family. Hardest part of job is when you cant help the customer and best part is when you were able to see a home built from the ground up.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Office politics
It was Great experience working with my team.
SQL BI Developer/SSIS/SSRS (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 23, 2016
I have learned many things, even I have a 7+ experience in MSBI. My co-workers and management amazing.I never feel this role is the hardest part of my job.Happiest part is Working in this kind of atmosphere, every day is enjoyable.
Consistent and Reliable
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 30, 2016
M&T is a very culture based organization. They stick to their values as a traditional bank. Co-workers are very nice and the C-suite level is incredibly intelligent. While work/life balance is there, but compensation is less than other competitors.
Telephone Banking
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Millsboro, DEMay 10, 2016
You are required to assist as many customers as possible and meet all the state requirements during the day. There is a lot of initial information to learn, but once you get the hang of it, things start to come more naturally.
An abundance of micro manaaging, and managers put into their position solely becuase of tradition.
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Amherst, New YorkApril 12, 2016
The job is very easy, but not challenging at all. It is company that will allow you to get your foot in the door, and leave when you are experienced, because M&T pays the lowest of any bank.
Nice working environment and less pay
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 6, 2016
It is nice financial company. Company has friendly work environment. Manager will listen team member concerns and opinion, and also provider help. Our co-workers all help each other to work effectively. For example, I got help for FTP program skill which i do not strong skill. I also provide my SQL skill to co-workers.. Team members have opportunity to work on several projects and alos
Pros
nice working environment
Cons
slow pace
loved working with the public and helping people
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAApril 22, 2016
Helping people and customers with there banking needs and meeting new people. A friendly atmosphere and working environment. I also liked the day shift . Occasionally Saturday work.
Pros
nice people, good hours, good pay
Stay Away
RELATIONSHIP BANKER II (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 24, 2016
The pay is low. Healthcare is a joke. Technology is outdated and makes it difficult to do our jobs. Claims to be customer and relationship oriented but that's not true;They only care about selling and their bottom line. The worst management I've ever encountered. Lots of unhappy people which leads to high turnover. Employees are simply not valued at M&T Bank.
co work outings with ceo
OUTBOUND SALES (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DEJanuary 22, 2016
co workers, management, and myself would do games to see who would come in first with (I don't know) 10 loan apps. and whoever did got a small prize. It was always fun and we made quotas all the time. Hardest was reading all federal guidelines to customers. Hearing customers voice change when good news
Pros
some times free lunch, or a company picnic
Productive place to work--it's about the people
Commercial Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 23, 2016
M&T Bank is a good solid bank to work for. The work environment is good and people are the best part of the bank. Everyone works well together.
Pros
Good people
Cons
no advancement