M&T Bank Employee Reviews

Good stable workplace
Middleware Administrator (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYJune 28, 2017
It's a bank, it's stable, it's conservative. Less pay in technology compared to other companies, but good benefits and good job security. Since they are conservative they will not spend a ton of money on upgrades unless management deems it necessary.
Come work for M&T if you want to feel under-valued, frustrated, & stifled.
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  New York StateJune 27, 2017
Love my boss and co-workers, but this is a truly dysfunctional organization.

Can't get out of their own way. Outdated technology. I feel like a cog on an assembly line. Minimal interaction with co-workers. Spend all day sitting in cubicle world. They don't give us the tools we need to do our jobs effectively or accurately. Nobody fixes issues when brought to light, even when they're handed solutions. Form over function. Complete absence of training.
Pros
Salary and benefits are good, but I'll leave anyway as soon as a suitable alternative arises.
Cons
See Review topics.
Great place to work!
Full Time Teller in Charge (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAJune 27, 2017
TD Bank is a fantastic company to work for there are such a driven company and really do care for their employees. The benefits are fantastic and the work environment is perfect.
Positive work environment, easy work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 21, 2017
Customer service representatives work alone in a call center assisting customers with their accounts via phone and computer. Although working in a call center is physically lenient, you must deal with hundreds of calls during your shift so patience and the ability to use your skills is key. The workplace is a positive and friendly environment with co workers who are willing to help and share their knowledge. I've built great multitasking skills and enjoy the opportunity to provide customer service in a different setting.
Pros
Easy work, job security
Cons
Work/Life balance, scheduling, notification of change
Great Company
Brokerage Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 19, 2017
M&T is very family oriented and has concern for each and every employee that work there. Great company to work for would highly recommend to anyone looking
Call center robot
Telephone Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DEJune 17, 2017
The best part is helping a customer understand their accounts, particularly when the call begins on a negative note. The worst part is the strict autonomy. You are expected to answer, process calls, and upsell by closely monitored daily statistics. I really dislike that you are expected to be a little robot. An employee shouldn't have to choose between doing what is right and what they are instructed to do. For those who have no trouble following instructions regardless of common sense, this is a great place to work. If you, like me, would prefer to use your brain and have no trouble seeing the forest from the trees, then this job/company may not be for you.
Pros
2 breaks and a designated lunch time everday make self-care easy
Cons
Very strict dress code, seriously?...i literally NEVER see customers, they don't care if i have on a t-shirt or a blouse
M&T Bank
Cash Clerk - Vault (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 16, 2017
I don't have anything bad to say about the company. I was there while I was in school so it was not a career move for me. The experience was/is valuable.
Productive and fun place
Senior Mortgage Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 13, 2017
Very productive and fun place. People are helpful and give good advice. Employees service is excellent. Had a great experience while I working at M & T Bank
Pros
Great food on lunch break
Cons
Short breaks
Good People, Meh SOPs
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 13, 2017
I was a contractor hired into the Technology Division. They still seem to be getting Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) codified and a lot of day to day functions still seemed to be locked away in personnel's institutional/individual memories.

I enjoyed working with all of the people. I struggled with the decentralized teams that required teleconferences as well as the lack of defined SOPs)
Lots of Work To be Done
Application Reliability Analyst (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 12, 2017
as is the case for many IT people, there is usually more work to be done, than hours in the day. There are staffing issues in my current department, and mandated tests to remain in good standing in the Financial Industry so there are many extra hours to be worked.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Hours to be worked outside of normal shifts
M&T Bank
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 10, 2017
I enjoyed my time at M&T the management was encouraging and provided guidance and learned a lot about Audit. The culture was positive and provided a good work life balance.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Parking downtown
Safe Work Environment
Teller (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJune 7, 2017
M&T Bank's workplace culture makes you feel welcome; very amiable. A typical day starts with opening procedures, followed by helping an array of customers, and then performing safety measures at the end of each day before closing. I've learned a lot about banking and its intricacies. as well as learning that the hardest part of my job is dealing with angry customers. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to help people.
Pros
Good Workplace
Cons
Healthcare
Good work environment
Lending Operations Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 7, 2017
M&T Center is a great location for someone who loves the downtown experience. Close to many restaurants and seating area for warmer weather. Close to all transportation.
Solid Company
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 5, 2017
Typical day depends upon what area you work in. Some areas have constant fire drills and constant change/flux, others have less excitement and unpredictability.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Below market wages
Na
Relationship Banker II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 5, 2017
M&T is a great place to start a banking career. I'm not sure that if you have a solid amount of pervious banking and management experience if it is the best place.
Good overall.
Business and Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJune 3, 2017
I loved the people and the environment, but opportunities for advancement were limited due to some controllable (and some not) circumstances. Part of that was due to my own department. The environment was relaxed. Personal life was valued and understood, meaning, if you needed to leave early, or arrive late, or take a long lunch for reasonable personal reasons, you were allowed to without question.
Great place to work. Small company and room for advancement
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 29, 2017
teamwork by proactively assisting other branch colleagues and actively participated during branch team meetings.
• Insured compliance with operational, security and control policies, preventing fraud, and protecting customer assets.
• Took ownership of error resolution including resolving routine customer issues with checking/savings accounts and making recommendation based on customer needs.
About m&t bank
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 24, 2017
M&T Bank is a large bank with many opportunities to change positions and/or advance. Friendly and professional environment. Fast past and great coworkers.
Terrible Management in the Branches
Customer Service Representative/Teller (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 23, 2017
Both branches that I worked at had terrible management, The supervisor was never supportive of an employee and prohibited advancement of careers by calling the Human Resources department and cancelling scheduled interviews
most stressful job
Teller/Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MD 21045May 22, 2017
I loved interacting with different clients and solve their problems, without doubt, almost every job has unique brands of stress
and the stress takes a toll on productivity and physical and imotional health when you deal with money.
Pros
n/a
Cons
wonderful healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at M&T Bank. Our community is ready to answer.