M&T Bank

M&T Bank Employer Reviews

Productive and overall well to work for
Teller (Current Employee), kingston paApril 13, 2014
just a great company to work for. compensation can be better. great staff
Productive and nice place to work
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee), Ballston Lake, NYApril 11, 2014
The company tried their best to please its employees. Made the work environment fun with parties to celebrate success and offered incentives during busy times.
Fast paced office environment with a great staff and exceptional management staff.
Mortgage Processor II (Former Employee), Ballston Lake, NYApril 7, 2014
A typical work day at M&T Bank Mortgage Division (Ballston Lake, NY) is a fast paced, fun environment. Their staff is a group of kind, knowledgeable, hardworking and family orientated people. There is always a sense of team and team building within the operations center. This is an environment to learn and grow in mortgage operations.
Great Place to Work
Mortgage Loan Advocate SPOC (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 31, 2014
Great place to work wold recommend M&T Bank to anybody. Very professional work place.
Good place to work, but not great for contractors
End User Support Specialist (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 31, 2014
Pros: good hours and compensation
Cons: pidgeonholing, slow processes, not much job security for contractors
The people are great, the work is a little compartmentalized in that getting anything done in technology can require some time to move from department to department. When cutbacks happen, the first people to go are technology contractors, and a large number of the technology department are contracted workers. When things do work out though, it is rewarding.
Fun job with the ability to manage your own sucess
Account Executive (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NvMarch 30, 2014
Pros: pro's were reimbursement of gas and mileage
Cons: no cons
A typical day at work consisted of me being in the office at 8am to get the updated mortgage rates for the day, then the remainder of my day consisted of visisting clients to inform them of any new mortgage programs as well as help them with any potentital loans that may have been ready for submission with me. A large part of my job was to perform presentations – more... on up and coming mortgage products as well as rates. – less
Excellect Employer
Bank Officer / Mortgage Originator (Current Employee), Buffalo NYMarch 28, 2014
Pros: fair
Stable Company in the banking industry. A step above most banks. Training always available and encouraged. Open door policy with all Management.
Productive and learning workplace with overtime pay
Early and Mid-Stage Credit Counselor (Former Employee), Millsboro, DEMarch 19, 2014
Pros: overtime pay, free lunches and great coworkers to work with
Cons: trying to make 18 connects an hour and dealing with uncooperative and irate customers
My typical day at work started at 8 am making outbound and inbound phone calls to customers for payment arrangements for their mortgage or consumer loan accounts for the rest of the day. I have learned a lot in the collections department because I did not know much about mortgages and consumer loans. I had very good managers and supervisors especially – more... supervisors because they were very knowledgeable and for being patient in answering all our questions. I had very good coworkers, they were all nice and friendly to me and also they were very hard workers. The hardest part of the job was trying to make 18 connects an hour and trying to deal with uncooperative and irate customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we got free lunches, leaving early for the day for meeting our goals for the department. – less
Business Atmosphere
TELLER/RB1 (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 17, 2014
Pros: employees dont get fees
Cons: healthcare, pay
Depending on which side of banking you are in the daily agenda is typical. As a RB I did both, general day includes bringing out cash tray, counting assisting customers in transactions while balancing. On the desk side it includes opening accounts, reviewing info finding places to expand on current profiles.
Poor HR dept.
Teller Manager, Relationship Banker (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 17, 2014
Pros: overtime when available.
Cons: lack of support from hr
Received no support from employer during and post FMLA leave.
Banking
Management (Current Employee), NYMarch 12, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: health benefits are not great
Ok organization to work for. Health Benefits are not great.
Great company
Relationship Banker (Current Employee), Kenmore, NYMarch 10, 2014
Great management team. Everyone is like a family, and they work well together.
Run away from M&T Branches!
Relationship Banker (Former Employee), MDMarch 3, 2014
Pros: no internal promotion/ high sales& call nights
Cons: teamwork, work environment
No internal recognition, or promotion. Retail branch employees work the hardest and never get recognized enough.
Very hard sales push it is almost like national bank level.
I worked here fore more than 4 years and not a penny increase.

Retail bankers are seriously underpaid compared to the workload they have. However they hire College Grads with such – more... a high pay and hire them as managers (called SDPs and MDPs) to manage bankers who worked for years. What a Non-Sense!

Many call nights until 7, and Saturday works.

For the time I worked there I have seen 2 people out of hundreds of people who actually liked working at M&T- and I am not lying. – less
bank
Trust Transaction Clerk II (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 3, 2014
balancer, hard worker, learner trust transactions, team player and trained new employees
Hard work
Teller (Former Employee), Cockeysville, MDFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: holidays and sundays off
Cons: compensation for amount of work
I can indeed say that I overall loved working for M&T but it just wasn't what fit my life anymore and I needed change.
Enjoyable workplace
BSA Compliance Analyst II (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: enjoyable environment, coworkers, worklife balance, educational compensation
Cons: healthcare benefits aren't the best
My time at M&T Bank these last 12 years has been enjoyable experience.

A typical day at work simply involves you coming in and getting the job done with minimal supervision in my current department. There is no micromanaging

Management varies from department to department. Some have an open door policy and are amazing facilitators in allowing you – more... to learn from them. Others are more hands off.

Hardest part of my job is becoming fully trained at what I do. I am learning and I love it very much. Departmental training varies from department and I have experienced amazing training opportunities and minimal.

The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am contributing to M&T's standard of being the best and making a difference for the company each and every day. – less
Regional bank growing in size
Commercial Product Manager (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 18, 2014
I was only at M&T for a short time. The job description didn't match the job but it was a good company. Good time off and decent pay.
Market favortism
Branch Sales Manager (Current Employee), Newark, DEFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: long standing of tenure and colleagues
Cons: lack of career planning and development; poor benefits
Non equality of performance across positions. Lack of recognition
busy busy work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: paid training, advancement, employee account no fees, busy work enviroment, fast work pace.
Cons: short break, not great pay but decent, health care coverage.
M&T was a good company to work for there were advancement opportunities available after a year of work with the company. The only reason I left was due to my high risk pregnancy.
Check Encoder (Former Employee), Amherst, NYFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: breaks
Cons: long hours sometimes
Enjoyed working here during my university days. Was close to home and evening hours which didnt affect with my class schedule.

About M&T Bank

M&T Bank is considered one of the country's most highly regarded regional banks. We were founded more than 150 years ago in – Read more

M&T Bank Photos