M&T Bank

M&T Bank United States Employee Reviews

good.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJanuary 15, 2015
they cared about their employees. upper management was cool and the schedule and pay was good. I only left because they wouldnt give me the schedule i wanted, so i could be home with my child at night.
Great Work Experience
Relationship Banker II (Current Employee), Ellicott City, MDJanuary 14, 2015
very good working environment. love managers and co-workers. moderate job difficulty. 40 hours or less per week.
Don't do it...save yourself!
Senior Teller (Former Employee), NYJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: the people i worked with and the customers
Cons: everything else
They will tell you they are a community bank and are all about the customer. They will also tell you how wonderful they are to work for. They have their heads in cloud. Upper management doesn't have a clue what goes on in the branches. They recently found themselves in a bind and are tightening their purse strings. As a result, more fees for account holders and non-account holders.( $2 to withdrawal from your own account inside if you don't have a check of your own on you!!) It also leads to worse health benefits then in the past with a huge deductible.
Great place to work.
Group Leader (Former Employee), Amherst, NYJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: a place that you can make a career out of.
Cons: pay is not that great.
Really enjoyed working for this company. I enjoyed working in the department I worked in and the people I worked for. There is just so much you can learn and they provide classes to help you grow within the company.
Pleasant place to be at.
TELLER VAULT/CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Vienna, VAJanuary 6, 2015
busy, friendly and most of all professional.
co-workers we enforce teamwork
not being able to achieve or accomplish the day
making goals by finding solutions to customers and coaching them
Departmental Growing Pains
BSA Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJanuary 6, 2015
Needs of compliance department have exceeded the knowledge and training of direct management who are NOT (as claimed) subject matter experts.
credit counselor
Credit Counselor, Loan Officer, Banking Officer (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJanuary 4, 2015
responsible for collecting delinquent paper
responsible for training new employees
responsible for calling customers
responsible for collecting visa, installment loans and mortgages
responsible for skip tracing
Interesting
Operations Associate (Temporary) (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJanuary 4, 2015
I have never had a desk job before so this has been quite an experience. I arrive to work at 8 Monday through Friday and am let out at 4:30 every afternoon. I have become a much better typer especially with the numbers. My co-workers are wonderful and have helped me learn many new things. I am now well versed in TPS, Shaw, File Net and COP. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. There really isn't a difficult part to me for the job, everything takes time to learn but I would not consider it hard.
In the learning stages too soon to tell
Senior Accounting Clerk (Current Employee), Amherst NYJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: learning a lot
Cons: production environment
prepare teller deposits for I-Tran
Balance the work after it is imaged
productive place to work
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 29, 2014
it was a good experience working for this company. typical day was ok I learned a lot. management needs work but work in progress. enjoyable part is getting to no my co workers. the hardest part of my job is the customers can be very mean and nasty at times.
Great Place to work..
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYDecember 28, 2014
During my time at M&T , this i can say it was the best job i had by all means i was not paid well.. The friendships i made.. all the people were fantastic.. from the reps to the management teams.
Lots of Potential
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Frederick, MDDecember 27, 2014
Pros: great room to learn and grow
Cons: depending on your position and location you may end up feeling bogged down
M&T has been great for me and my life, I was given a chance starting out as a teller to have a job that helped me grow as a person and keep my life together. Eventually I was given the opportunity to mature into a more fulfilling banker role which I loved also. The only down side I feel is that despite having unified goals as a company a lot of the individual employees sometimes feel unwilling or unable to uphold them. It's a great company on paper and while still good in person it's not currently meeting it's full potential.
Comfortable Environment
Relationship Banker I (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYDecember 23, 2014
A comfortable place to work. Going to work is easy to do in the morning because I love getting to see my regular customers.
People are business focused
Relationship Liason II (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYDecember 19, 2014
Learned another fascinate of Commercial Banking from the RM side with dealing with the physical documents instead of the scan version.
Single point of contact
Single Point of Contact Case Manager (Current Employee), Getzville, nyDecember 16, 2014
worst place i have ever worked. the managers treat us like we are in high school and micro manage every aspect of our day.
Advancement Opportunity
Operations Associate III (Current Employee), 702 Seneca Street (larking Building) Buffalo NYDecember 15, 2014
Pros: treated like professionals
Cons: advancement opportunity
A typical day at the job is very routine but sometimes guidelines for a new task at hand can be unclear. I learned that it is very important to obtain information from customers opening bank accounts because you need to know your customer and follow compliance regulations. Management is fair and I always maintain positive human relations with co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job learning new aspects about it and how it affects everyday life.
Top-20 Bank
Relationship Banker II (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 9, 2014
Strong company, but does not always have reliable support system.
Growing Place to Work in
Relationship Banker (Former Employee), New CityDecember 5, 2014
interesting place to work in, you will learn as much as you desire to. there is potential growth for those with drive and determination to get ahead. Small local Bank with out the larger banks pressure to sale sale sale, very easy environment.
Fast-paced, friendly, service-oriented atmosphere.
Teller (Former Employee), Hockessin, DEDecember 4, 2014
As a bank teller receiving and disbursing large amounts of cash it was critical that I adhere to state and U.S. regulations governing the industry. M&T provided frequent webinars to keep us up to date on any changes that were enacted in banking laws. Of high importance was staying aware of any customer behaviors that could be construed as money laundering.

Tellers were also required to stay abreast of changes in product offerings in order to review customer profiles and recommend changes to their product profiles that could be beneficial. That was the most difficult part of my job, as I was normally on the drive-up window, where customers expected fast service and did not typically want to come into the building itself.

However, the best part of the job was the customer contact. I thrive on providing excellent service with a smile, and I really liked interacting with most of my customers.
Great place to work with friendly management
BSA Compliance Associate (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYDecember 4, 2014
Analyzed bank accounts to determine fraudulent and illegal activities. Learned specific programs related to the banking industry along with mainframe based programs.

About M&T Bank

M&T Bank is considered one of the country's most highly regarded regional banks. We were founded more than 150 years ago in – Read more

M&T Bank Salaries