M&T Bank Employee Reviews

Great job stability.
Relationship Banker II (Former Employee) –  Seaford, DEMay 22, 2017
Mediocre place to work for. The pay could be more for someone with an MBA. They don't do cost of living increases on Merit increase. For a bank that makes millions the most you increase someone's pay is .45 cents?!?!?!
M&T was a great place to work for
Collections & Recovery Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYMay 21, 2017
I loved working there. I learned many new skills and loved my co-workers! The managers really cared about their employees and the environment was relaxed and not micromanaged.
Performance focused with great culture
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 21, 2017
M&T Bank is focused on the daily production and efforts to achieve performance metrics. M&T Bank is very calculated with any corporate changes and is responsive to major technological needs. The company has a strong cultured balanced in work/life. DC has developed a diverse and inclusive culture that is open to new ideas and growth.
Pros
Company culture and educated decision making
Cons
opportunities for advancement
Culture , diversity , experience
Teller (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMay 19, 2017
Working at m&t is a great experience . You'll learn and meet new great people. Compared to other banks there technology isn't as up to date . The hours are great as well.
Tough to get ahead.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMay 19, 2017
M&T Bank is known as a quality company with community roots. I will say that in their customer service positions, there is not a lot of energy devoted to career development.
Pros
Steady Pay
Cons
Lack of movement on job ladder.
Great company to work for
COMMERCIAL TELLER (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMay 19, 2017
I got to train in different departments for advancement. The pay was not good for the leave of excellence you had to be with large sum's of money. The work place could be stuffy at times.
Pros
Advancement in departments
Cons
Terrible pay and no Health Ins.
In my experience working at M and T was a great place to work. Sometimes its stressful and its a fast pace work.
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 17, 2017
I enjoyed working at the bank i was lucky having really good and understanding manager. I makes it easier and days go a little bit faster if you have a co workers who believe in you.
bad company that doesnt care about employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Millsboro, DEMay 16, 2017
the opportunity for advancement is minimal, the pay is horrible, the customers can be hard to deal with, no paid sick time, supervisors are clueless about how to deal with employees
Cons
no opportunity for advancement
Secure position with limited financial benefits
Business & Planning Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 16, 2017
M&T has recently changed their mantra and is striving to develop a diverse employee base. There are many networking opportunities available through groups, shadowing, etc. Benefits are lacking however - compensation in particular is by no means comparable to other local competition and health insurance could be better.

However M&T is not going anywhere and therefore your job is nearly 100% secure. There are also a variety of internal development programs similar to graduate programs but more specialized to the industry.
Pros
networking opportunities, internal development programs
Cons
compensation, health insurance
Productive workplace, always busy, you learn a lot, excellent training.
Senior Teller/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 15, 2017
A typical day was busy dealing face to face with customers. Most customers were regulars very nice and friendly. Great co workers and management. Over all a great company to work for. They really do care about you as a person.
Pros
work enviroment, customers, management
Cons
pay
Professionally led, team driven workplace with upward mobility
Branch Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wesley Hills, NYMay 14, 2017
My job with M & T Bank was one of the best jobs I've had, and I am actually in the process of getting my foot back in the door after being away for nearly 8 years. Teams were led by management that set clear goals and helped outline techniques that set us up for success. Daily feedback and praise was given, and potential was recognized and achievements were praised and rewarded monetarily.

The only complaint I would ever have about M&T is that their entry level positions didn't seem to be paid very competitively, even though my job grade changed twice while employed there. However, I excelled in sales and my efforts were rewarded with quarterly bonuses.
Pros
upward mobility, supportive management, bonuses and other incentives
Cons
non competitive entry level pay
Excellent
Financial Analyst, Financial Planning & Analytics (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 11, 2017
M&T is a great place to work with excellent work/life balance. Excellent paid time off, health insurance is decent, and a great work culture. Highly recommend.
Great company, just not a great presence in the Lehigh Valley
Relationship Banker I (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 11, 2017
There are three branches in the Lehigh Valley, They could not be more different from each other. M&T Bank is a fabulous company unfortunately they forget about the Lehigh Valley. The valley is left to their own device, the forgotten children.
Does not vaule their loyal employees
Teller II (Current Employee) –  Keyser CumberlandMay 9, 2017
Every branch is seeing cut backs. While the long term employees are not being compensated for picking up the slack.
They are hiring employees with no experience and starting them out making more than the employees who have been there for years.
Pros
Health savings
Cons
Poor/no raises
Good Environment
Oracle SQL Developer (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 9, 2017
Good Environment
Windows, Informatica Power center, Workflow Monitor, TOAD, Erwin, Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Developer, MS Visio .
Good Management
Friendly Work Culture
Team Co-Ordination
Nothing bad, but nothing great
Business Process and Operational Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 8, 2017
I found that M&T was perfectly adequate, but took very few steps to go above and beyond the minimum in keeping their employees satisfied. There was little opportunity to move forward with job opportunities other than the smallest increments. I would recommend this job for anyone, but only for a limited amount of time.
Great coworkers; average compensation; questionable leadership
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 8, 2017
M&T is a decent place to work at. I learned valuable tools that I now can take with myself to my next place of employment. The drawback to M&T is that the compensation is average, they put too much stock in their College Programs units and have created a self fulfilling prophecy in terms of promoting those individuals over other.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
High Deductible Health Care Plan; Low Compensation
Structured place to work
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 7, 2017
- The team environment is the most enjoyable part of the job
- It is very hard to move up in the company
- I learned a lot about the Human Resources department
- It is a great place for learning
Pros
The people, and learning
Cons
No upward movement
Great company
Collections and recovery (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYMay 7, 2017
Its hard to move up in the company unless you know the right people. Great coworkers. Bad yearly raises. Fun place to work. Very involved in the community
Great Company with room for growth
Teller (Current Employee) –  Hudson Valley ,NYMay 7, 2017
Customer service based bank. Teller duties include processing customer transactions, balancing cash and preventing loss to the bank. Medical,dental and vision benefits, 401K, paid vacation and holidays. Accessible management and friendly work environment
Overall a great place to start a career
Pros
Benefits for all even P/T
Cons
Starting pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at M&T Bank. Our community is ready to answer.