M&T Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Fun places to work
Correspondent Purchase Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 21, 2016
I have nothing to say here. It has always been a great place to work for. Everyone one is great and you are treated like a person not a number
See previous
Manager (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYJanuary 27, 2016
Have worked in two different roles but as described it all is equal to each role. Grateful for the time I have had with a great company.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
not a good experience
AVP (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 21, 2015
Too much of politics inthe company
not happy
benefits are not good
favouritism
too much of attrition
dsffd

fdsfndsmnfdmsfndsmfndsmndsm fdmsfndmsbffs
Decent job that is challenging.
Repossession Specialist (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYAugust 9, 2015
A decent job. Every day is different. Looking for something a little more related to my degree. More pay to support my family with and a clearer career path service wouldn't hurt. I am in charge of helping collectors help customers redeem their repossessed collateral from agents and auctions.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Lack of communication
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 20, 2015
M & T was a great place to work but their pay is not enough for the responsibilities and what you need to know for the position.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Salary too low
People First. Bankers Second.
Management Development Trainee (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 31, 2015
M&T Bank is a fundamentally sound institution that truly does care about its people. Banking as a whole is not very exciting, but a bank based out of Buffalo and Baltimore offers a more flexible work life balance than one located in New York City. Management really takes the time to get to know employees and see through their development.
Pros
Pay, Travel, People
Cons
Lack of technology, Repetition, Competition
Best company I ever worked for.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYAugust 12, 2015
I wish I could go back to their footprint and work for them again. Best company culture and environment. If you have the chance to work for them, do not pass it up. They are the real deal when it comers to service, sales and education.
Pros
Cons
Few
Wonderful Manager
Teller (Former Employee) –  camp hillAugust 19, 2015
My team and manager at my branch were amazing. Banking turned out to not be the right industry for me, and the compensation was too low. I learned a great deal from working at M&T, and I enjoyed the schedule; however, I happily moved on to a suitable job for me.
M&T Bank
Relationship Banker II (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MDSeptember 2, 2015
I really enjoy helping clients and help to guide them in the right direction with there financial needs. m&t is very behind on the technology and overall process of banking
Pros
people i work with
Cons
short staffed, benefits, bonus structure
Sr. Credit Analyst
Senior Credit Analyst - Commercial Underwriting (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 2, 2015
Very unappealing environment. Top heavy with males. I really liked all my co-workers and my work but the acquisition with M&T led to the elimination of the Baltimore Department.
Enjoyed interacting with the customers
Teller (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day involved greeting customers and assisting them with their banking needs. I most enjoyed the customer interaction
Pros
downtown
Cons
short breaks
Great Place to work
Teller Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 15, 2015
Over the course of five years I learned a lot working at m and t bank, like how to process transactions for retail and comercial customers. I also learned how to prepare my workplace for an audit among many other duties. Recently we have had new managers brought in and it hasn't been an easy transition, also new co workers they are great and very helpful. I would say the hardest part of my job is trying not to do everything on my own just so i know it's right. I really enjoy my coworkers and customers they alwaya brighten my day.
Don't do it...save yourself!
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  NYJanuary 12, 2015
They will tell you they are a community bank and are all about the customer. They will also tell you how wonderful they are to work for. They have their heads in cloud. Upper management doesn't have a clue what goes on in the branches. They recently found themselves in a bind and are tightening their purse strings. As a result, more fees for account holders and non-account holders.( $2 to withdrawal from your own account inside if you don't have a check of your own on you!!) It also leads to worse health benefits then in the past with a huge deductible.
Pros
the people i worked with and the customers
Cons
everything else
Great job, hour commute
Sr. Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJanuary 11, 2016
I loved working at M&T, the reason I had to leave was the long commute. I liked being in charge of myself. We worked at a fast pace to determine when we got out that evening.
Solid Financial Institution
AVP (Former Employee) –  NYJuly 29, 2015
Strong financial presence, most managers are ethical, good benefits, working conditions, education assistance, some manager should not be managers
Pros
Cons
some managers should not be managers
Postivite Work Culture and old fashioned values
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYAugust 17, 2015
M&T is a great cooperation that values it's employees and tries to encourage old fashioned work ethics while encouraging modern technology and work techniques
Pros
Creative, Great teamwork, culture
Cons
Low pay and high benefit cost
Great if you are experinced, not for beginners - no training
Business Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 23, 2015
Great people to work and comfortable environment. Management is not organized or up to speed on what is expected. Chaotic timeline, not prepared for deadlines so everyone scatters at the end of the month. Little to no training available. Learned a great deal on my own.
Pros
no micro-managing
Cons
no training
Very Bad Company to Work For
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Hudson Valley New YorkJanuary 19, 2014
If your manager doesn't like you he/she will create a very "hostile work environment" - This of course affects your job performance and of course your annual review, pay raise and customer service- Belittling and berating is a common factor too-- favoritism, bullying, politics, and fraud are a big part of the management team- Paying part timers for hours not worked, giving "free" referrals, Unless you can tolerate such stress M and t Bank IS NOT a place for you!!!!!!
Cons
working ot and no compensation until a few reminders to your manager
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Goshen, NYNovember 23, 2015
M&T is a great company to work for . There is room for flexibility with hours. You must be very sales driven . They help you attain your insurance and investment licenses by offering training. It's a customer oriented place where they get to know the customers and understand their needs.
Overall Great Company
Marketing & Communications Manager - Assistant VP (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 7, 2015
At M&T you are not a number. The Management is highly trained to develop their employees and support them with any means possible.