M&T Bank

M&T Bank Employer Reviews

Great atmosphere
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Parkville, MDMay 9, 2014
I think this is a great place to work. My only complaint is that they like to hire external candidate.
productive
Senior Operations Clerk (Current Employee), Amherst, NYMay 7, 2014
the hardest part of the job is the hours, working a second shift job takes away fun things to do at night
Great Company
Teller (Former Employee), Pasadena, MDMay 2, 2014
The most enjoyable part of of working with M&T Bank was the customers that we had were great, and everyone at the branch worked as a team to get the jobs done.
Managment
Accounts Research Specialist (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 1, 2014
if you cannot see yourself kissing up to management and making them feel superior, dont work here. management plays favors and some have a prejudice against people.
Productive and Fun
Bank Teller/Business Banking Relationship Trainee (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 29, 2014
I love being around people so services people with one of their most prized possession (money) was very pleasant for me. M&T bank was very organized and structured.
Great benefits
Teller (Former Employee), Dundalk, MDApril 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits and pay scale
Cons: internal staff issues
Working in a bank is a very good opportunity to further a career in finance, unfortunately the branch I was in was mired in internal issues, and I had to leave.
Contract Project Administrator (Current Employee), Amherst, NYApril 28, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: micro-managment
Sold place to work, Very corporate atmosphere, managment is somtimes very dull and some managers work you to your bones.
Great company with endless opportunity for growth.
AML/BSA Compliance Analyst II (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 28, 2014
I've learned more than I ever could have imagined at M&T Bank. Centralized Compliance's Financial Investigations Unit has provided me with the tools and opportunities to expand and grow as an AML/BSA Investigator. I feel confident, prepared and enthusiastic as I move forward in the next phase of my career.
fun workplace productive
Relationship Banker (Former Employee), Owings Mills MDApril 24, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
cashing customer check and deposit and learn about new products
Good experience
Pricing/Lock Desk (Former Employee), Lake Oswego, ORApril 23, 2014
Good experience. Great people to work with. Lots of multi-tasking and productive work.
office cleaner
Cleanup crew (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYApril 17, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: not enough hrs
clean a floor bathrooms kitchens offices sweep vacume mop and clean all sufaces
M&T Bank
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Utica, NYApril 13, 2014
M&T Bank is a fabulous company to work for. The support from colleagues and empowerment of management are second to none.
Productive and overall well to work for
Teller (Current Employee), kingston paApril 13, 2014
just a great company to work for. compensation can be better. great staff
Productive and nice place to work
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee), Ballston Lake, NYApril 11, 2014
The company tried their best to please its employees. Made the work environment fun with parties to celebrate success and offered incentives during busy times.
Fast paced office environment with a great staff and exceptional management staff.
Mortgage Processor II (Former Employee), Ballston Lake, NYApril 7, 2014
A typical work day at M&T Bank Mortgage Division (Ballston Lake, NY) is a fast paced, fun environment. Their staff is a group of kind, knowledgeable, hardworking and family orientated people. There is always a sense of team and team building within the operations center. This is an environment to learn and grow in mortgage operations.
Great Place to Work
Mortgage Loan Advocate SPOC (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 31, 2014
Great place to work wold recommend M&T Bank to anybody. Very professional work place.
Good place to work, but not great for contractors
End User Support Specialist (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 31, 2014
Pros: good hours and compensation
Cons: pidgeonholing, slow processes, not much job security for contractors
The people are great, the work is a little compartmentalized in that getting anything done in technology can require some time to move from department to department. When cutbacks happen, the first people to go are technology contractors, and a large number of the technology department are contracted workers. When things do work out though, it is rewarding.
Fun job with the ability to manage your own sucess
Account Executive (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NvMarch 30, 2014
Pros: pro's were reimbursement of gas and mileage
Cons: no cons
A typical day at work consisted of me being in the office at 8am to get the updated mortgage rates for the day, then the remainder of my day consisted of visisting clients to inform them of any new mortgage programs as well as help them with any potentital loans that may have been ready for submission with me. A large part of my job was to perform presentations – more... on up and coming mortgage products as well as rates. – less
Excellect Employer
Bank Officer / Mortgage Originator (Current Employee), Buffalo NYMarch 28, 2014
Pros: fair
Stable Company in the banking industry. A step above most banks. Training always available and encouraged. Open door policy with all Management.
Productive and learning workplace with overtime pay
Early and Mid-Stage Credit Counselor (Former Employee), Millsboro, DEMarch 19, 2014
Pros: overtime pay, free lunches and great coworkers to work with
Cons: trying to make 18 connects an hour and dealing with uncooperative and irate customers
My typical day at work started at 8 am making outbound and inbound phone calls to customers for payment arrangements for their mortgage or consumer loan accounts for the rest of the day. I have learned a lot in the collections department because I did not know much about mortgages and consumer loans. I had very good managers and supervisors especially – more... supervisors because they were very knowledgeable and for being patient in answering all our questions. I had very good coworkers, they were all nice and friendly to me and also they were very hard workers. The hardest part of the job was trying to make 18 connects an hour and trying to deal with uncooperative and irate customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we got free lunches, leaving early for the day for meeting our goals for the department. – less

About M&T Bank

M&T Bank is considered one of the country's most highly regarded regional banks. We were founded more than 150 years ago in – Read more

M&T Bank Photos