M&T Bank Employee Reviews

Conservative compensation
AVP (Current Employee) –  Buffalo NYNovember 14, 2017
Low compensation and outdated technology. Overall a solid Bank with stability, behind on matching industry salary and technology. Managers are behind closed doors most of the day providing limited support
Excellent work home life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 14, 2017
Excellent Work home life balance. The hardest part of the job was getting training. Management does not understanding the day to day activity that make up the job requirements, which makes working with the team stressful.
Pros
location
Cons
parking
compensation is nonexistent
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 14, 2017
pays external applicants at least 5 dollars more an hour with no applicable experience and offers internal applicants the minimum even though they have been an employee for years
Lack of strong and innovative leadership
Relationship Banker II (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYNovember 8, 2017
Need an innovative senior management team. Currently no new ideas, lack of technology, product rates, and bellow average wage. Poor sales incentive program.
Pros
37.5 hours
Cons
Health benefits and low wage.
good place to work
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 8, 2017
I held many positions at the bank. I was able to grow and advance there. My co-workers were enjoyable to work with. A bank culture is different with all the federal regulations so it could be a little intense sometimes.
Boring
Collections & Recovery Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYNovember 8, 2017
Very slow paced. Not enough work to keep you busy all day. Management is extremely unreliable. Pay is not compatible to what your job roll is. I learned that management can make up lies and get away with it.
M&T is a great place to work.
Collection & Recovery Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYNovember 8, 2017
I am happy in my current role at M&T, but I would like to venture out with a company who offers a more competitive wage. The management team I work is supportive, and has my best interest in mind.
Has potential for greatness
Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 8, 2017
M&T has great people working and managing the organization. Unfortunately the quality of management and the reality for how people are treated is inconsistent from manager to manager.
Pros
Vacation and holiday pay
Cons
Promotion opportunities, Health care is an expensive HSA
Worst branch ever
Senior Teller/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PANovember 4, 2017
I have worked in the Laurel Mall branch in Hazleton and never in my 10 years of bank experience have i found such of lack of management and organization. Half of the employees have being working there for 20 years "in the same position" so they are not willing to change they're bad habits so it's hard to deal with this when you want to make changes. The actual manager protects their employees so it's a vicious circle. The good thing is that no other branches run in the same way. Fortunately I'm out of that chaos.
Pros
Cons
In this branch they obligated you to take one hour lunch, so they can extend the time at which you leave at the end of the day
Banking Career
Commercial loan Customer service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYNovember 2, 2017
I was in the Banking Industry for 0ver 20+ years. The original Bank I started with was bought and sold 3 times, each time I was maintained as an employee. I worked in many positions over the years starting as a teller and worked my way up to Bank Officer before taking an early Retirement. The hardest part of my job over the years was the competition with being overlooked for certain positions that were given to males. I loved working with people and was good at my job. Over the years I have learned much about people and how to achieve accomplishment and satisfaction in my work ethic.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
sometimes very stressfull situations.
Good company to work for
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYNovember 1, 2017
M&T is a great and stable company to work for. Seems to be a stable place of employment. I think there is great job security as fraud will always be taking place.
See my Review
Data Security Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYNovember 1, 2017
I provisioned requests for Bank users' access; i.e., Active Directory, mainframe, ACF2, miscellaneous applications, mailboxes, sharepoints, RSA Hard Tokens (Remote access). KRIs, Audits and target goals for accurate completion of requests was a daily procedure.

My management was outstanding. My management was always available if I needed them for any reason.

The workplace culture was balanced. From entry level employees to senior management, everyone was treated with respect.

There was not any negative (or "hardest part of the job") in my opinion.

The most enjoyable part of the job was food day, where our team had extra time to bond.
Pros
Pizza Days, Food Days
Cons
No negatives to report from my perspective
Love engaging with my co workers, I have a great team to work with
Specialist (Former Employee) –  kjgkjg;October 31, 2017
Love engaging with my co workers, I have a great team to work with,we all motivate one another. There are some great managers within M&T Bank. There are some amazing perks working for M&T Bank
Pros
lunch is great
Cons
short breaks
tough place to work for middle aged
VICE PRESIDENT, (Current Employee) –  NYOctober 31, 2017
many many hours, life work balance not good. an employer for the young. must be willing to travel to regional offices multiple time per month as well as to Buffalo on a consistent basis.
Competitive
Full Time Teller (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 30, 2017
Employees are required to be highly professional an are expected to go above and beyond their standard duties. M&T strives to exceed their customers' banking needs and expectations.
relaxed and friendly co-workers
Document Processor (Current Employee) –  DelawareOctober 29, 2017
Very pleasant people to work with. Supervisor was very flexible when asked for time away from work, so long as the hours were made up within the same week.
Pros
pleasant non-stressful atmosphere
Cons
Tempory assignment
typical day at work
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 26, 2017
Repetitive work in operations. It really depends on the department that you work in. I worked in two positions while at M&T and I have to admit that they do a great job with employee engagement and keeping things interesting outside of the day to day work activities. The only negative I encountered was during movement within the company. You need to work in a department for at least one year before being eligible to transfer to another department. When you transfer departments your salary is only increased a percentage. In my case, I was applying to positions in which my degree was in and with previous experience and leaving a basic data entry level position with the bank. I was expecting more than a few cents increase in pay and was not able to negotiate.
Pros
employee engagement, good work atmosphere
Cons
strict on pay increases, not much room for negotiation once in the company
good place to work with room to grow
Relations Specialist/Teller (Current Employee) –  Greenbush, NYOctober 22, 2017
the skills learned at this job can be carried throughout an individuals career. job cares about their employees and wants them all to grow and succeed within the bank
great place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Mannsville, NYOctober 22, 2017
pay was fair for the job description and for what the job expected of its employees . work was flexible allowed for a home life and also offered great vacation time.
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYOctober 22, 2017
Always something new, again a typical work place, the work place culture was diverse , always learning new products and how to sale , which we had to cross sale.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at M&T Bank. Our community is ready to answer.