M&T Bank Employee Reviews

Be prepared to be bullied
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Dutchess County, NYNovember 30, 2016
Discrimination. Workplace Bullying. The pay is not competitive. Worst employment experiences in my entire life. I go home almost weekly in tears because of the bullying by individuals that the manager favors.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Bullying, harassment, lack of leadership
Great place to work, bad pay
Compliance Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 30, 2016
I have been working at this company for over 2 years and I love the job and the people. I have learned a lot and I would love to stay with the bank. The pay sucks though and we get no incentives or bonuses as it was said they could not do it fairly. Also, when banking officer titles are up for review, the people that have been with the bank for 20 years get it over people based on merit. Like I said, I do really enjoy working here and the atmosphere that I am in, however if they do not give us better pay or incentives I may have to look elsewhere.
Pros
Good people, easy to learn, good management
Cons
Low pay, no incentives or bonuses
N/a
Data Entry Operator/ Re-association Clerk (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 28, 2016
Ten years of experience reviewing, verifying, recording, adjusting and balancing financial transactions.

Filled out admissions and discharge paperwork, ensuring proper documentation of patient insurance and medical records.
productive
Front-End Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2016
job work and life balance to it's best. A great learning experience and the job culture and management is excellent. As a developer, i learnt a lot more than what i thought i would.
M&T offers stability and room for growth.
Sr. Program/Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 26, 2016
M&T offers stability and room for growth. A great company to settle down with. The work environment includes a great, diverse group of professionals and they really reward individuals who go above and beyond.
Secure place of employment
Assistant Vice President & Loan Workout Officer II (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 20, 2016
Good place to work, job security in most departments. There is always a chance to increase job experience and knowledge but not always a chance to move up via promotion.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Job promotions limited, pay scales need restructuring to meet current market and level of responsibility
Productive and Friendly Atmosphere as well as Very Professional and Customer Oriented
Head Teller/Teller (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PANovember 16, 2016
I was employed at M&T Bank for over 4 years..I was Head teller , I enjoyed my coworkers and looked forward to working every day..I also enjoyed the interaction I had with the public
Pros
Training Benefits Friendly Workplace and alot of advancement opportunities
Cons
None to report
Clean safe place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Millsboro, DENovember 7, 2016
Clean work environment. Teamwork among everyone. Excellent hours. Good benefits. Air conditioning. Cafeteria on site. Paid holidays and vacation time.
Level 5 financial institution with 2 ATMs and large commercial client base
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 7, 2016
Process customer transactions including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, bill payments, etc. Must be able to provide good customer service.
Pay is terrible
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Millsboro, DENovember 4, 2016
They pay is terrible considering the responsibility that you.have. moreover there are different departments who have less workload but get more pay. Incentive plans are okay but a lot of times it's only their swag They offer as incentives. Your adherence is essential
as well as call quality. You will learn a lot about the banking industry.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Not enoigh pay
Positive
Loan Processor II (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 2, 2016
It was a great experience working for M&T Bank. I really enjoyed being a part of the M&T Team. The company is managed well and a good overall experience.
M&T - Best Job I've Had
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 29, 2016
I absolutely loved working for M&T Bank. I was a floater and ever single person I met within the company was fantastic. Unfortunately I had to leave because the pay was so low. It's a shame because I loved this job and got many compliments on my work there.
Pros
Work life balance, morale, fair, great staff
Cons
Compensation, working weekends
productive and fun workplace
Hogan Technical Team Leader, AVP (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 24, 2016
day to day work is very high paced.....
co-workers are good to work with
Team is mainly focused on performance, resiliency and stability of mainframe...
Great company to work for
Sr Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ballston Lake, NYOctober 10, 2016
My typical day at work was rather busy. We had just started an Evergreen act which meant we were at the begining stages of going paperless. That process was causing some tension because a lot of the loan officers weren't sure how that was going to fit into their routine. My management was based out of Buffalo, so that was a major inconvienence because when issues arose, we had no reliable point of contact. There was a lot of office drama between the departments making it hard to get along with much of anyone, which was fine because I was there to do my job, not mingle. The most enjoyable part of my job was the amount of employee engagement and recognition the bank had. There were a lot of events focused on getting coworkers together to act as a team and help give back to the community. M&T Bank is very committed to helping get involved with all different events.
Ability for advanced learning, but no where for growth on what im in school for
Customer Service Associate, Collections (Current Employee) –  Millsboro, DE 19966October 10, 2016
I love working at M&T Bank, the people are great and the environment is very calm and welcoming. I have learned a lot since working here from right out of high school until now being a 21 year old adult. But since being in school and taking different career path that interest me besides banking. I now want the ability for growth in a career that I want to succeed in long into the future, especially something that I love and have always had an interest in.
Pros
great people, relaxed environment, always garunteed full time work, availibility for over time work
Cons
no room for growth, not in my career feild
Great teamwork and fun atmosphere
Mortgage Closing Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Ballston Lake, NYOctober 9, 2016
I enjoy the people that I work with and work for. The job is stressful at times but my coworkers make it enjoyable. I learned a lot about the banking/mortgage industry.
Pros
People are friendly
Cons
Benefits could be improved, compensation
Job is very stressful
SENIOR TELEPHONE SERVICE REPERSENTIVE (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DEOctober 7, 2016
M&T is an awesome company and a great place to work for individuals who don't have young kids. If you have kids the job can be very stressful with the hours, and job security if you have to take off due to kids being ill or etc.
Great company, great management, great people
M&A Payment Processing Analyst - (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 5, 2016
Loved working there, Great company, great management, great people. There is a work/life balance. My manager shows interested in my career goals and tried to give me tasks to enhanced my professional development
Productive postion but no room for advancement.
Senior Credit Counselor/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 29, 2016
We had incentives but slowly were dropped down to nothing and the goals were un-obtainable once changed. instead of hiring a new team lead within the department that knew what the job entailed and how it was to be done. they hired a team leader from a completely different company with a completely different background who did not know the job at all. We as associates had to train our new team leader. No room for improvement
great to work for
Operating Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 26, 2016
They have many locations in the Buffalo and srrounding areas. Management is reat to work with. They are very much about family and work with you, especially if you are a caretaker of children or someone who is ill at home. They have great pay rate and benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at M&T Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval