M&T Bank

M&T Bank Employer Reviews

A place to work
Teller (Current Employee), Lock Haven, PASeptember 10, 2013
Pros: daylight hours
Cons: no breaks
Nice co-workers in my office. Management is lacking. Upper management was rarely seen or heard from. Not a lot of opportunities to move up, and when you try you get shot down.
okay job
Operations Clerk II (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
Horrible team lead. Brought personal issues with them to work every night. Great benefits. Overall job was fine until dealing with management.
Overall, M&T is a good company to work for.
Secretary II (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: job flexibility, development opportunities, and support from management
Cons: healthcare, job availability
My typical day at work can consist of anywhere from scheduling pertinent meetings/events, creating spreadsheets for senior management, providing support for building or parking related questions/issues, handling confidential information, among other various job duties. The moat difficult part of this job is time management and setting daily priorities. – more... Throughout my time in this position, I have learned to develop a plan that works for me, so that I can better manage calendars for my manager and his 12 direct reports. I truly enjoy the flexibility of this position and the support and development that I have received from management. – less
...
Mortgage Training Specialist I (Current Employee), Williamsville, NYAugust 26, 2013
I thoroughly enjoy working for M&T Bank, but do feel it is time for me to experience working at a different company.
productive workplace
Teller (Former Employee), Endicott, NYAugust 24, 2013
Pros: pizza parties
Cons: no advancement
Learned about products and services and different positions. co-workers are pleasant to work with.
Job security Great management
Post Closing Specialist (Current Employee), M&T CenterAugust 13, 2013
Pros: flexible wrk hours and lunch breaks
Worked at M&T Bank for a year . Very approachable management team. There are plenty opportunities for advancement and learning. They help cultivate skills to better yourself personally and as a member of the bank.

Co- workers are awesome. Job can become monotonous and repetitive.
My first job
clerical (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYAugust 9, 2013
Pros: my own office
Easy place to fit in and to work in a team environment. The hardest part of the day was staying warm from the freezing ac.
productive and exciting fun place to work
Consumer Loan Specialist/Customer Service (Former Employee), Millsboro, DEAugust 8, 2013
Pros: diversity in our workplace
Cons: healthcare
on a daily basis we have time restraints on releasing titles and handling multiple transactions and answering phone calls to internal and external customers/branches. I have learned also from this organization and I have a lot of knowledge in the banking industry. My boss was fair to a certain extent sometimes she is all for herself. I loved my co-workers – more... they were fun to be around. We had time restraints and handled double duties on a daily basis would be the most difficult. The most enjoyable part would be getting to learn and assist my co-workers with difficult questions and getting a resolution to the issue. – less
Fun place to work
Teller (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAAugust 4, 2013
Pros: bankers hours
Cons: tellers pay
Helped customers with their bank transactions. Was responsible for handling a cash drawer and safe.
Mortgage
Operations Associate III (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 3, 2013
Initiated pay-off letters for large commercial loans by analyzing legal documents to be sent to attorneys
very good
Securities Operations Specialist - (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJuly 31, 2013
Pros: good
Cons: good
very good place to work with
Manager are good.
good work hour
Pretty solid work environment
Senior Teller (Current Employee), Annapolis, MDJuly 24, 2013
Pros: steady work schedule, holidays and paid-time off
Cons: benefits, short-staffed
Pretty good place to work. Steady income and ok benefits. The company is pretty committed to its employees and advancement. Pretty decent for a retail setting.
Productive work environment.
Lockbox Operations Clerk 2 (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 24, 2013
I enjoyed working in the lockbox department. I learned how checks are processed on a day to day basis. The management was fair in its own way. The hardest part was working overnight with having a child who attends school.
Very friendly environment
Account Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 14, 2013
Pros: never micromanaged
Cons: compensation could have been better
Friendly work environment, coworkers and management coexisted well
Busy, Productive, and Ever-Changing Workplace
Lending Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJuly 9, 2013
Pros: family environment, friendly environment
Cons: healthcare
A typical work day would include analyzing legal documentation and monitoring the Real Estate Collateral for Commercial loans. I most enjoy the ability to effectively train and monitor the progress of new and existing employees. There is so much joy in seeing someone progress and improve over time. I also enjoy the challenges. We are at this point going – more... through a phase of process improvement and although challenging, it is a fascinating process to watch a process grow from an idea to an in-place procedural change. One needs to have the ability to look past the symptoms of a procedural issue and creatively procure a tangible solution. It’s not always easy, but I truly enjoy this process as a whole. – less
The average day to day work experience
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJune 28, 2013
I was a 8-5 Administrative Assistant for this company for 7 years. I was able to advance to Administrative Assistant II within this time frame with a pay increase. I was trusted with important, vital documents. I got along with the employees. The pay was good.
Poor Company Values
Early Stage Credit Counselor (Former Employee), Millsboro, DEJune 28, 2013
Pros: paycheck, vacation
Cons: schedule changes, elimination of bonuses, no career assistance, high stress environment
I did collections for about 2 years and consistently met and exceeded department standards. In return, I got NO career assistance, even when I constantly asked about other opportunities. Tuition reimbursement was preached and is listed under benefits, but never delivered, I was given a different answer every time I inquired about it. Our bonuses were – more... eliminated which drastically reduced our pay. Management also refuses to give letters of recommendations both within and outside the bank, because it's their "policy". Human Resources always directed me back to my supervisor or manager when I had an issue. Lastly, there was constant schedule changes and required overtime for about 6 months, and sporadically through the rest of the year.

On the plus side, I got a paycheck and vacation benefits. I would not recommend this bank unless you just need a job.

I left my previous job and took this job to get my foot in the door and advance my career and progress my education with the expectation of the bank providing assistance. Neither happened which is unfortunate, but it was a lesson learned. – less
Nice place to work
Teller (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 26, 2013
Everyone is very helpful. Train you very well for the job. Able to grow with in the company.
Professional environment
Mortgage Contractor (Former Employee), Ballston Lake, NYJune 18, 2013
- A typical day at work would be made up of keeping files organized and correctly prepared so that processors could handle each applicant with the best service possible.
- I have learned to try multiple systems to get the overall best result. For my first few weeks files were prepared certain ways which were time consuming, over time this process was – more... altered to make it quicker and more effective and help make the borrowing process easier and smoother.
- Management is above average. Management knew when to assign more duties and responsibilities to those who were organized and capable of a leadership role.
- The hardest part of the job was the lack of organization between coworkers. Each employee seems to have their own way of doing things instead of a company wide standard to make the days work an easier process.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was the office environment, employees are relaxed and respectful of each other. – less
great sable company
Operations Associate/ Collateral Specialist (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 12, 2013
great work atmosphere and good benefits. room for advancement

About M&T Bank

M&T Bank is considered one of the country's most highly regarded regional banks. We were founded more than 150 years ago in – Read more

M&T Bank Photos