M&T Bank

M&T Bank Employer Reviews

A small bank that is slow to react to the market
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAOctober 13, 2014
They have such a small presence in the DC / VA area that they cannot compete with the big banks. It is a shame because the company does treat their employees well and tries to promote from within it's just a shame that all of the opportunities for advancement are in Buffalo and that they pay less than other banks in the DC / VA area.
Old Boys' Club
Relationship Banker (Current Employee), New YorkOctober 9, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: not as open to diversity
Good company. Stable growth. Suffers from the extremely conservative, sometimes outdated, methodology.
Great Competitive Atmosphere
Wealth Advisory Services (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEOctober 8, 2014
At my current employment, I have completed a variety of projects including database building and analyzing documentation from relationship managers of trusts, with an emphasis on confirming that all of the necessary information is both up to date and meets the BSA-AML standards. Our team recently achieved an important deadline that helped M&T Bank meet specific bank regulation requirements.
No complaints about my position at this employer
Senior Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYOctober 7, 2014
Loved my job just looked closer to home. Management was a great team and made coming to work enjoyable!
Great Place If management is good
Relationship Banker (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 7, 2014
Great place to start career make sure management is good when interviewing makes the place much more enjoyable to work at .
It was a great place to work
Senior Operations Clerk (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 6, 2014
It was fast paced. We had daily deadlines and I was responsible for posting payments and daily reconcile. Encode checks to be processed. Open mail. High volume of calls. Management was a great team and they showed me how to be a team player and work with a team and to be accurate while keeping up with production. My co-workers was also a great team to work with we had the same goals which was customer satisfaction and getting those deadlines out to the customers. The hardest part of this job was the daily deadlines which could sometimes be stressful but I learned new ways to handle the daily stress. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing a job well done. I strive to perfection and my main objective was doing quality work and keeping my customers 100% customer service happy. The fast pace and working as a team absolutely made my day and I really enjoyed it.
Challenging Environment
Business & Planning Manager II - Customer Insights (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYOctober 6, 2014
Cons: not enough staff, poor prioritization
Challenging and exciting work environment. However, the compensation is not equitable across the organization and not aligned with skill sets.
work
Teller (Current Employee), Boonsboro, MDOctober 1, 2014
I have been with M&T for 6 years. they are a good company to work for but they will not help you unless you know the right people. In management there is a lot of the buddy system. You can not advance easy unless you know the right people. out of other banks they don't pay that great but the benefits are good. They have been good to me when it came to going to school so they were very flexible with me. I give them an average rating for a company to work for but a great place to bank.
Summarized already
Head Teller (Former Employee), Monsey, NYSeptember 30, 2014
.We made sure we had everything we needed to service our customers.
Nice place to work
Teller/Clerical (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 28, 2014
It is a great culture and you are expected to be human not a machine
Bank remittance processed
Operation Clerk (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 24, 2014
Over 17 years of experience working as highly organized and efficient operator/clerk in remittance department; excellent team player with troubleshooting and problem solving capabilities; maintenance of all duties with accurate and timely processing, enabling business success.
Business Analyst
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJSeptember 24, 2014
M&T is one of the largest bank holding companies in the Unites States by total assets. In addition to the standard banking, it also offers insurance, credit cards and investment products.
The project involved in consolidating general ledger for corporate reporting, redefining the usability and enhancing system capacity
food activity day/ happy hrs
Operations Assistant 3 (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYSeptember 23, 2014
high demanding days, learned banking system for credit cards, management was below average, co-workers were basic some good some not, hardest part of the job was unfairness, room for movement but a lot of nepotism, most enjoyable part is I had a job.
No room for growth......
Relationship Banker (Former Employee), Frederick, MDAugust 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch sometimes if the manager is in a good mood
Cons: short breaks, sometimes no break at all
During my stay on this bank for XX years I have fun times and bad times as well. I would say I learned alot during my first 6 years on this bank. Co-workers are good except for those who are self centered employees that only think of themselves. Actual the job itself is not hard but what makes it hard are those people who you work around with that it seems like they are always looking at what your going to do wrong and this is the sad part. About the management, I would say if your not on the manegerial position then your nothing. they dont care if your with the bank for a long time. If your not thier puppy then sorry you have to go.
M & T Bank
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Media, PAAugust 29, 2014
I worked for M & T Bank for twenty one years, most of them enjoyable. I loved my co workers and customers but felt it was time for a change so I relocated to Florida. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping my customers solve their banking issues. I felt a sense of accomplishment when they left my office happy and satisfied. The hardest part would have been the increasing focus M & T Bank put on insurance and investment sales. This was not a direction I was comfortable with which lead to my decision to relocate.
Avoid the Commercial Dept.
Sr. Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYAugust 26, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: healthcare, lack of promotions, minimal recognition
Some departments of M&T Bank are referred to as the "old boys club." If you don't know someone, or aren't related to someone, chances are, you won't fit in. While I didn't experience this, personally, I saw it on a daily basis. Coworkers would find positions elsewhere in the bank, or at other banks, to escape the culture of the Commercial Bank.

Middle Managers take all the credit for the work done by their staff.
Excellent Management
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAAugust 21, 2014
Great place to work! Management really works with you to be successful in your position.
bank teller
TELLER (Former Employee), Aberdeen, MDAugust 20, 2014
M&T Bank was a quality employer. I enjoyed my job, working with the cusotmers and made lasting friendships with my co-workers. I was able to cut my hours back and still maintain health benefits for my family. While I knew this was just a temporary position until my children were both in school, I was able to get a lot of out the experience that I received while there.
Large company with a lot of determination and expectations
Teller (Former Employee), Newark, DEAugust 12, 2014
A typical day is assisting customers with their everyday banking needs such as deposits, cashing of checks, payments and balance inquiries. Very diverse company with a lot of room for advancement. The hardest part of the job is trying not to have to much fun!
Productive work place very result oriented
Vice President (Sr. Project Manager/Product Owner) (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYAugust 12, 2014
The bank dealt with professionals who are very hardworking and result oriented. The project had chosen talented individuals within the bank to help facilitate the conversion process and provide better banking facilities to its end users

About M&T Bank

M&T Bank is considered one of the country's most highly regarded regional banks. We were founded more than 150 years ago in – Read more

M&T Bank Photos