M*Modal Employee Reviews

Home
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Franklin, TNApril 27, 2015
Pros: Home, free lunches.
Cons: Short breaks
Same as with Nuance. I treated my job at home as a regular job where I would get up and get ready for work and work. I enjoy managing my time, but I still had specific hours and deadlines that had to be met.
Poor management.
Home-based Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Franklin, TNJuly 3, 2014
Pros: none.
Cons: poor supervision, poor quality, etc.
Questions asked would not get answered for at least two days or more. Work would be scarce. You would be given reports to type that were for hospitals that you are not assigned. If you run out of work, you do not get paid.
Work at home job.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Franklin, TNMay 17, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule.
Cons: no benefits, job was outsourced overseas.
I liked working at home and my schedule was flexible. I learned a lot on this job, especially in the critical care medical field.
Gave quite a few years of my life to this company
Continuous Quality Improvement Analyst (Former Employee), Franklin, TNApril 16, 2014
Unfortunately, this company is struggling and it is due to "too many chiefs, not enough Indians." There is constant turnover of management which makes for a constant reactionary environment. Little to no progress is ever made. I used to love working there.
Think some focus should be on employees.
Full-time Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), TNFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule.
Cons: work not always available.
I loved the fact that I could pretty much schedule my days and times to work. Unfortunately, every time the company changed hands there were massive revisions to staff/account teams which was very disruptive. There was a point where I had three supervisors on three consecutive days. Loved the work I was doing, most of the accounts that I was working in I was satisfied with. Changes in management changed the way the team communicated with each other, but not in a good way. Sometimes the way the work flow was managed could have been better.
Emergency room variety and flexibiity of working at home
MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST (Former Employee), Home-basedSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: working at home and flexibility.
Cons: lack of interaction with people and lack of physical mobility
This was full-time home-based medical transcription employment. I enjoyed my emergency room accounts which offered a lot of variety. I worked out of my home office from 8 AM to 4:30 PM Tuesdays-Saturdays. This company had been taken over twice during my employment with multiple managment resignations. The hardest part of my job was losing my emergency room account with the last company takeover. I then trained in rehabilitation and cardiac. The most enjoyable part of my job was the opportunity to work at home in the medical field at the same time as raising my children.
Okay place to work
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Franklin, TNSeptember 2, 2013
Orignally was Execuscribe, changed to M*Modal, policies and standards changed, expectations increased, salary decreased.
Slave wages/poor management
Medical Transcriptionist and Editor (Former Employee), TNJuly 8, 2013
Pros: work from home
Cons: pay, hours, weekend work, managers, benefits, everything.
Slave wages for a skilled profession. There is only negative feedback and no positives. No bonuses. Too much micromanagement. Overall, probably the worst employer I have ever worked for.
Worst place in the world to work if you are an MT
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Home based.March 2, 2013
Worst company to work for if you are an MT. The best most of can do is poverty level wages, minimun wage for your state. The upper management line their pockets with the money while buying up smaller companies. The management has no respect for the employees who earn their money for them. Decrease in pay when they took over a company I worked for. Help desk calls are from India. You can't understand them and they cannot understand you and you have to wait on hold forever without being paid for the time it takes to sit on hold. Already have been told by upper management that there are no raises PERIOD. I make less than I did when I started working as an MT 12 years ago. Most of the work goes to India now and you run out of work and have to sit by the computer for hours waiting for work to come in or take the time off without pay.
Internship at (Current Employee), pittsburghJanuary 28, 2013
I found meaningful work here and Indeed is a great place to learn as an intern.
I was privileged to work for the leading transcription company in the nation!
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor and Mentor (Former Employee), Franklin, TNJanuary 12, 2013
MedQuist partnered with M*Modal in 2011 and the company changed from good to excellent! Communication and support was top notch, so important when working from home. I always felt proud to work for MedQuist, the industry leader in the U.S. M*Modal advanced the company to a global presence and provided us with cutting edge technology. I was honored to be nominated for MT of the year in 2011 and then promoted to Mentor in 2012. Sadly, the pilot mentor program was restructured and our team was disbanded. I'm proud and grateful to have had the opportunity to work with the best in the industry!
I was privileged to work for the leading transcription company in the nation!