M S International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Not Driver friendly
Truck Driver - Delivery of Granite (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 10, 2018
Poor management and leadership. Hours and stress level were not good. Truck maintenance was questionable. Conflicting information, and lack of consistency.
Conservative, Uncaring, Un-American
Sales (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CANovember 17, 2017
There is no concept of employee wellness at this company. (I've literally asked the question and had to explain what it was, and they had never heard of the concept).

The pay is dismal, and they're under the impression that they're giving amazing compensation and benefits.

Between low morale, uncaring and clueless management, and extremely foreign values (it's an Indian company with Indian values), you'll find that it takes a very special mindset to accept being treated so poorly and to continue working for such a company.

This company has had organic growth in sales year after year, so they're under the impression that they're perfect and do not need to change. I mean, they love to talk about how they're always growing and finding new ways to expand their offerings, but the conversation has never ever once veered in the direction of how to better treat the employees that they lean so heavily on.
Cons
Long hours, poor culture
Fast paced.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLNovember 2, 2017
This job is as hard as any other customer service job is. It is challenging and requires all your effort but it can be also very rewarding. If you show interest to grow in the company, there is definitely an opportunity for you. There are many trainings available to help you succeed. Great benefits specially health insurance. Overtime is paid. Friendly environment and reliable management. I highly recommend working for MSI.
Pros
Friendly staff. Great management.
horrible
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 28, 2017
Horrible place to work employees are under paid for the amount of work thats given they only give a raise one time a year witch is 25 cents employees come and go there it is not diverse working in the warehouse they don't hire African Americans at all.
Drivers come in early locate your trailer and manafest sucure load hook up to tractor get on the road
Driver (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAOctober 24, 2017
Drivers were being pushed beyond DOT limits some loads were overweight if you refused a load you would be terminated if you received a ticket for being overweight they would reimburse you.
Pros
There's always a for you
Cons
If anything goes wrong it's going on the driver's record not the company
Good management staff, fun and fast paced working environment
Office Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MASeptember 27, 2017
Busy and fast work paced environment, helping home owners in showing marbles and granite for their new homes. Always trying to multi task between phone calls, home owners and preparing delivery paperwork for clients. Working with friendly staff was the best part of going to work everyday.
Great Wholesaler
Wholesale Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 11, 2017
This is one of the best jobs I have ever had. The only thing that killed me was the driving. I live in Los Angeles and had to drive to Orange, CA on a daily basis.
Productive Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 15, 2017
Typical day at work is educating homeowner about showroom products and helping our customers(retailers and contractors) with purchases and returns. Creating proper paperwork, ensuring material availability, making material transfers from other branches, setting up deliveries.
Don't even think about it!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 22, 2017
Fair warning!

Do not apply for this job, specially in the Edison NJ branch. They well suck your soul out. Management is horrible, all they do is sit in they office all day acting like they doing something. HR? Forget about it, they only care about the superiors. Human resource will not help you what so ever!
Pros
No pros
Cons
You don't even want to know.
Great supportive co-workers, 401K Benefit, overall nice environment.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Florida State, FLJune 19, 2017
I have been with MSI now for almost 4 years and can say it has been overall a great experience for me and a good place to work. I have learned a lot about the stone/ tile, surface industry and the challenges in a highly competitive market. I have worked in a few companies over the course of my adult life and can say without a doubt that no place is perfect and anywhere you go there will be challenges and conflicts, however I think a strength with MSI is the diversity of its product make-up as well as its people and for the most part we continue to move forward, exceeding expectations.This is truly encouraging but what encourages me on a more personal level is the fact that if you apply yourself and work hard at MSI and want to exceed in your goals the sky is the limit. I look forward to working hard towards my personal goals as well as the company goals.
Pros
Great supportive co-workers, 401K Benefit, overall nice environment.
Cons
None to mention.
Great company.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJune 9, 2017
Recommend for anyone that wants to see a fully functional company that regards its employees as family.
Great opportunities for growth, very stable,awesome atmosphere.
People are very nice and supportive.
Very good management.
I am very happy i joined the MS International family.
Pros
People, benefits, good pay, opportunity...
Cons
Company treats employees like slaves
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLMay 7, 2017
Unprofessional and unorganized management
Workplace environment is negative
No opportunity for advancement unless you are Indian
Do not care about employees health and welfare
Pros
Cons
Lots
Awesome Place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 21, 2017
You will definitely learn a lot from this company and by far the best job I have ever had.The staff is really nice and its family oriented.I am sure that if you work with MSI you will say the same thing.
Pros
Hours, Position, and compensation
A typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2017
Nothing what was stated when i got hired, management was bad bad turn around. bad favoritism no one is ever on the same page. Would not recommend to anyone
Great place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 22, 2017
Great place to work , lots of growth opportunity , good systems . Lots of products to sell , good and helpful staff . Long term career growth .
Great management team ..
Pros
growth
Cons
benifits..
management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 15, 2017
Management is horrible, they say they're always there to help but they are not! Rude and unprofessional managers, make you work over time and do not give lunches and breaks according to law. Racist as well.
Official response from M S International, Inc.
March 20, 2017

We are very sorry to hear about your negative experience with our Hayward Branch. We would like to note that MSI is an equal opportunity employer. We treat all of our employees with the up most respect and ensure that all regulations pertaining to California meal and break regulations are followed. I would like to speak to you about your personal experience within our branch. Please email us at hr@msistone.com so we may schedule a time to discuss. Thank you for your review.

A great place to work!
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJanuary 18, 2017
I have been in this industry for many years and have worked for several companies. I have found MSI to be the best! Excellent supportive management and very enjoyable fun co-workers. I am currently employed by MSI and I could not be happier they offer great pay, benefits, and a wonderful work environment.
Pros
Work bonus, employee appreciation activities, and interesting work.
Cons
There is none
Great Company To Work For
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MADecember 8, 2016
MSI - is a great company to work for. The employers at this company are very caring and close to employees. They provide excellent benefits and training for job positions.
ok
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2016
pick and pull order wrap and load on to truck, i learned how to use cherry-picker and rf scanner, i loved my co-workers management not so much the hardest part was the pay didnt fit the job, most enjoyable was having a job
Drivers beware. Two way facing dash cams
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 17, 2016
As a driver this is a terrible place to work. No management! Everyone is on their own program at the Charlotte branch. Terrible treatment from office personnel towards warehouse workers and drivers. Two way facing cameras in all their trucks. Always trying to overload the trucks. Co-workers were great but never will get the job done successfully due to lack of training and no guidance.
Pros
Freedom from management
Cons
Absolutely no management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at M S International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.