The Technical Project Manager (TPM) is responsible for overseeing all technical aspects of a custom curtainwall project from pre-construction activities through final field activities. The TPM is responsible for developing and maintaining project design and engineering schedules and budgets. The TPM is responsible for identifying and managing both internal and external resources required to meet the project objectives. The TPM is responsible for working with the Conceptual Designer to develop new systems and to finalize and enhance those systems and components. The TPM is responsible for establishing and specifying material requirements. The TPM is responsible for material submittals, drawing submittals, and RFI’s. The TPM is responsible for all production releases and all documentation required by the field for installation.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for management of the technical team (designers, engineers, and CAD technicians) as well as external technical resources
- Responsible to manage and coordinate all technical and material submittals and RFI’s with external design team (Architects, Consultants, GC’s, vendors)
- Develop and maintain technical project schedule and budget
- Review all incoming project documents (drawings, models, and specifications) for cost and schedule impact
- Review and determine course of action on all returned submittals
- Work with design and engineering team to develop atypical details for project submittals
- Work with the Conceptual Designers to develop and further enhance new products.
- Responsible for all production releases to both external and internal vendors and fabricators
- Responsible for all documentation required by factory to complete assembly
- Responsible for all documentation required by field to complete installation
- Manage and develop resources through mentoring and training opportunities.
- Assist in the development of and improvement of departmental initiatives, standardization, and processes.
- Perform administrative tasks within the department as necessary.
- Additional items as needed by the company.
- Bachelor of Science or Associates Degree in Engineering and/or Drafting
- Previous industry related experience of 5 to 10 years preferred
- Strong general computer skills including working knowledge of email, MS Office, and similar software
- Strong spatial aptitude
- Ability to travel as required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Previous management experience preferred