M.C. Dean, Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place with Great People
Project Administrator/Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAApril 21, 2015
Excellent place to learn and work.

Management Team, Office Staff and Field Staff are very knowledgeable, skilled and hardworking.
Really good company if you want to learn new things and get an experience.
Accounts Receivable Accountant/Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAMarch 9, 2015
I have learned a lot from team members. Everybody is open to share experience and knowledge. Management is reasonable with its requirements and deadlines. Good company.
Poor culture
Senior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 9, 2015
While several factors contribute to downsizing at MC Dean, the management is not in touch with the employees in regard to presenting issues directly facing the company. Additionally, personal and professional growth is often stunted by the harried nature of putting out fires that exist from poor planning and poor communication.

Other than that, I had several wonderful opportunities of a lifetime that I would trade for nothing - and learned a great deal within the company. Most personal growth is upon the employee - no complaints - but admittance to professional organizations is not reimbursed and professional publications from organizations that dictate the work to be performed is also not reimbursed.
Company in decline
Fire Alarm Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VAJanuary 30, 2015
This was a company with good potential destroyed by bad upper management Possibilities off promotions close to none, they have tags attached to people and you will stay with that tag. If some management position becomes available they prefer to hire someone from outside. The more than qualified employees with years of experience within the company are not taken into the equation.
The only method to get a pay raise is to submit a 2 weeks notice.
High level of nepotism. Average salary and benefits.
Pros
average benefits.
Cons
possibilities of advancement close to none.
Culturally biased slow advancing company
ELECTRONIC SECURITY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAOctober 15, 2014
The hardest part of the job was being respondent to managers not well equipped to handle a culturally diverse workforce.
fair pay to be nothing more than a number
Commercial/Industrial Electrician/ Foreman (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAAugust 11, 2014
office employees look down on you from their high horse, forgetting why they themselves have jobs. they could care less whether or not you have work from day to day. You are a number at MC Dean, and they never stop reminding you of that.

received a $1 raise after I went from having no license to obtaining a master's license
Good Place to Work
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort BenningApril 11, 2014
This is a place where you can learn a lot and expand your knowledge beyond the clerical work. There are job opportunities if you're willing to stick with the company and travel. Most the co-workers are great
Pros
good environments
Poor Upper Management
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VASeptember 16, 2013
M.C. Dean, Inc. has the potential to be a good company, but it is plagued with poor upper management. In the time I have spent with the company, I have seen the same bad decisions being made over and over. Additionally, M.C. Dean, Inc. has not diversified itself well enough to be competitive. The company is constantly loosing good people because of the decisions being made at the top. I would highly recommend job seekers to look past M.C. Dean, Inc.
Pros
opportunity to work with smart people
Cons
upper management, lack of structure
Review of M.C. Dean
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAAugust 29, 2013
M.C. Dean gave me my first chance in 2008. They are a company that offers tremendous amount of schooling from apprenticeship to M.C. Dean University in house training.
Security Technician (Former Employee) –  Dulless, VAJanuary 16, 2013
The thing I enjoyed most was there was always something to do. I would come in to work and then realize my time was up and it was time to go home. There training is a great program that they offer for apprenticeships.
Pros
training
Easy-going and fun place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAApril 15, 2012
Relaxed, but productive business environment, strong team spirit, and many great opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at M.C. Dean, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.