M.D. ANDERSON CANCER CENTER

M.D. ANDERSON CANCER CENTER Employer Reviews

Great first Job
Gastrointestinal Research Data Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 28, 2014
This place was a great experience for my first job out of college. They give out yearly bonuses and are willing to help you move up. Additionally they paid for part of my education.
good benefits
Building Attendant 1 (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 17, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: low pay
i was a building attendant/ housekeeper and it was not for me, need a strong stomach
Productive with a lot of job opportunities
Patient Escort (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 27, 2013
At M.D.Anderson Hospital there are a lot of opportunities job wise and education wise.As a patient escort the hardest part of my job was seeing the patients in so much pain. Patient Escorts pick up and deliver patients to procedures and appointments.
Interesting.
Research Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 9, 2013
Researched various types of material similar to body mass, to conduct experiments pertaining to oncology radiation and how it affects the body. Prepared analytical reports pertaining to oncology, utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Optimal Learning of Cancer Health and Wellness
Clinical Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: monthly departmental lunches, celebrating birthdays
Cons: knowing the cancer can affect anyone and that no one is exempt.
A typical day at work is usually 8 hours. In the past 7 years, I have learned and appreciated so much from the management style, and much of that is working with a diverse set of co-workers. This company is committed to assisting each employee to partake in a quality work/life balance. The Fitness Center plays a hugh part in making the balance and also – more... the various wellness groups. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that the work I produce is bringing hope to each patient and the care that they will receive. – less
educational specialty institution focused on individual patient-centered approach
PACU RN (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 17, 2013
Pros: exceptional pay and benefits
Cons: always short staffed
A typical day consisted of many surgical patients, most of which were high acuity and required a lot of critical thinking. Management was available to help with facility politics, advancements, and patient complaints. The hardest part of the job was limited in-patient beds and patients being forced to wait in PACU until open beds/rooms became available. – more... The most enjoyable part of the job was the exposure to various surgeries, cancer stages and progressions, and international patients. – less
Excellent Workplace and Mangement
Research Assistant I (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 14, 2013
A specialty hospital providing patient care research in cancer therapy.
• Assisted with creating modifying protocols
• Aided in research by maintaining cell lines and making reagents
• Liaised with suppliers to negotiate manage relationships show tangible cost savings
Receptionist (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 12, 2013
Pros: bonuses
Obtain Patient (H&P)
Check platelet and prothrombin time
Give verbal and written procedure education to patient
Prep sterile stray for procedure (Biopsy, bx/Interventional/ Flouro)
Prep patient site for procedure to be done
Giving Radiologist correct size biopsy needles
Paracentesis and Thoracentesis prep and set-up
Alerting Radiologist when films are – more... ready to be read
Capturing ultrasound images during image guided biopsy
Nephrostomy check
Catheter placement
Take specimens to path – less
it's a very busy fast pace job
Pathology Referral Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 27, 2013
a typical day is steady work from start to finish. we deal with over 200 cases per day which take speed and accuracy. It does make you feel good knowing you helping people.
Great Benefits and great overall work environment
Behavioral Science Research Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 8, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: research not much advancement not a career unless you want to work towards a phd
Great job but research can kill you financially. Don't make it a career unless you're planning to get a Ph.D. other than that it's just a stepping stone. Son't stay in research for too long.
Best Job I ever Had so far.
Driver II (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 24, 2013
Pros: great benifits
Cons: managment is one sided reather if they are wrong are right.
Transportation Representative Assisted patients, staff and customers of MD Anderson by escorting them throughout facility via golf cart; provided directions, answered questions and served as a customer service liaison.
Excellent place to work
Research Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 7, 2012
Pros: benefits, job security, work environment
Cons: pay under the market
MD Anderson Cancer Center is an excellent place to work. You have many avenues to travel for job advancements, and they have a plethora of employee benefits. In addition, this institution promotes education, nearly paying for half of my classes in graduate school.
Productive and challenging
RESEARCH DATA COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 10, 2012
Productive and challenging workplace, always learning new things. Patients make the work most enjoyable and worth every learning experince.
High Impact Active Day
Decision Support Specialist IT (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 14, 2012
Pros: flex schedules
Cons: n/a
The culture of the environment is very unique. I enjoy working a flex day schedule. A typical day is full of ensuring our customer's needs are taken care of.
Excellent
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENATIVE (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 8, 2012
Great place to work and have fufillment about helping others
Sick
Transportation/Help Desk (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 23, 2012
Pros: love to help people in need.
Cons: patients are so strong fighting cancer
The time I make it to work it start immediately on getting a page to drop the specimen's or paperwork off to their locations. I learned the
the hole hospital in one week, very fun and keep you in shape. Management was ok, but co-workers was awesome. Hardest part was keeping up with your page and documents.
Diverse working environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 9, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks
We have a very diverse cultural environment at MD Anderson. I have learned how to administer blood and chemotherapy transfusions.
Great and productive place to work
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 30, 2012
Pros: being able to help others and learn along the way
Cons: short lunch breaks
A typical day at work is a day filled with many things to do and many people to assist. I can definitely say that I learn something new every single day, which still amazes me. The hardest part of my job is not being able to help when help is really needed. I know that I might not be able to help every single person but at the end of the day I wonder – more... if there was something else I could have done to make a difference in that persons life. What I enjoy most is seeing the smiles on people faces, which gives me a sense of relief and security that I have done something good and it was really appreciated. – less
Pay to park is not good
patient service (Current Employee), Main campus 1515 HolcolmbeMarch 3, 2012
Pros: lunch, free health insurance
Cons: trs we can't decide what amount they take out, pay to park, and open door policy.
Open door policy is not god, supervisors do not know how to talk you employees (micromanage), every department is different, but the department I work in is very unhealthy. I work with a bunch of women who have been in their position for 10-15-20 years and they are very "clickish" , so when new people come in to work, the "long term employee" do not – more... follow the rules and if the "new" employee try to do what the senior employee does, it is a strike against you. Supervisors and Management do not say anything to them because they will shut down. – less
assitant manager at a wash and fold....
assistant manger (Former Employee), houston, tx.February 29, 2012
Pros: nodirect supervision
At this job, mangers and upper level supevisors, had understanding of employees needs outside of the work place.