We run an incredibly innovative security awareness division and we need some help. This role is ideal for a more junior system administrator with a lot of enthusiasm but not necessarily a lot of experience - what we love is for people who are looking to learn a lot.
We’re seeking a linux administrator who has a diverse skill set. You are comfortable in *nix, MySQL, Moodle (and the underlying PHP). Above all, we want you to be flexible, a good learner, and a good problem solver in all things IT related. You need to creatively be able to solve interesting problems to bring a real world feel to a virtual environment.
Who are you?
- Above all, you get things done. When given a task, you know how to execute to completion quickly and efficiently.
- You play well with others: you know who to ask for help and when. And you know how to communicate effectively.
- You’re relaxed under pressure: you have a positive attitude with the ability to handle stress in a productive way.
- You’re highly motivated by challenging work.
- You motivate yourself. Self motivation is imperative in a virtual company.
- You are open to feedback.
What will you do?
- Keep a cloud-based (Amazon AWS) set of VMs up, running, and optimized, while at the same time building out a VMWare-based virtual appliance from the same image
- You will be doing a little QA, and a little creative administration
- Write (or learn to write) shell scripts and optimize both cloud-based and customer premise virtual machines (since that’s what we do)
We are a diverse, virtual, and spread across the States. With this type of environment, you have the freedom to drive your own success. When working with us, our clients and our partners, we want elite engineers out there that make the company better as well as facilitate their own growth and experience at the same time.
We know that we’re asking a lot. But we offer a lot. We have an incredible amount of fun and are a strong team. We want everyone to be well compensated and to achieve their goals - we support each other’s growth and happiness at every turn. We have great benefits, great opportunities and we’re growing incredibly quickly.
How do you apply?
It’s simple, really. Send an email with your resume. And, when you submit, log in here and take this quick (30 minute) evaluation:
Candidates that don't answer the link won't be considered.