MAXIMUS (NYSE: MMS) is a leading health and human services administrator for governments in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada and Australia. We deliver administrative solutions to improve the cost effectiveness, efficiency and quality of government-sponsored benefit programs across the globe. Operating under our founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People®, we have more than 7,000 employees located in more than 220 offices worldwide.
The Technical Architect is responsible for the technology vision, design and definition of healthcare insurance exchange solutions that support MAXIMUS Health & Human Services business. This person will work with MAXIMUS systems and operations staff to design cost-effective integrated technology solutions comprised of both in house and commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products. The successful candidate will be a technical representative supporting pre-marketing and proposal activities. The Architect will be the spokesman and drive the decision making for technical decisions in conjunction with systems technical staff.
MAXIMUS is looking to hire a Technical Architect to work on what is now the planning and implementation phase of health care reform initiatives. Typical phases this person will be involved in are, planning of architecture, analysis and design of detail solution, test architecture, deployment architecture and post production non-functional SLA management.
MAXIMUS has been working with multiple states to build HIX solutions. This individual will work with key client architects and also key vendor and partner architects to make sure that end-to-end architecture and design is in-line with client expectations.
Being one of the first of its kind, as well as highly visible, the HIX project will not only be a challenging opportunity but will set its participants in the forefront of a growing health care market. As a leading government health and human services administrator for this project, this will afford opportunities for continued growth in the long term.
The successful candidate must have a BS degree in computer science or related engineering discipline from an accredited college or university. The person must have eight or more years of experience with system lifecycle development and integration of complex health information technology solutions using J2EE and/or .Net technologies. This person must be knowledgeable and experienced in developing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) solutions, web services, and emerging technologies such as cloud computing and virtualization specially around the security, extensibility, interoperability aspects. The candidate must have multiple technology experience: Java/Open Source/Enterprise Integration The candidate must also have experience in the Health Care Domain. He/she must have experience in an agile development environment utilizing scrum methodology. The candidate must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal. The successful candidate must be able to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment, and must demonstrate the ability to successfully execute multiple complex tasks simultaneously; as well as the ability to work effectively both as a team member and independently. This person must have client facing experience with the ability to interact and manage technical expectations of multiple stakeholders. HIX knowledge or experience is a plus. This person must be able and willing to travel up to 50% at times.
- Serve as the Key technical point of contact for the design of complex information technology solutions
- Serve as the key technical point of contact in developing the technical solutions in response to Request for Proposals
- Develop and present technical white papers and healthcare solution presentations
- Work closely with Health Services Operations management and staff, Operations Systems Technical Engineers, and process engineers to provide guidance and ensure adequate design for meeting Health Services business objectives and strategy
- Serve as liaison between the business (functional) and technology staff to clarify system requirements for proposed solutions
- Assist in phases of the lifecycle development process as required.
- Work on complex projects and problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors and additional specialized technical knowledge
- Work with analyst and stakeholders to determine and refine feature requirements
- Devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering system capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results
- Define and document system designs as they relate to feature work
- Manage time constraints and deadlines
EDUCATION REQUIRED: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
EDUCATION PREFERRED: Master’s Degree
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED: Expert in many open architecture frame works and technologies such as Java/J2EE, SOA, Oracle, CRM solutions among other things. Deep knowledge and hands on experience in building architecture frameworks and blueprints from ground up. Any prior experience with implementing TOGAF or similar frameworks will be added advantage
EXPERTISE DESIRED: Two plus years of people or project management experience
PERSONAL/SOFT SKILLS REQUIRED: Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, ability to perform quantitative and qualitative analyses of existing business processes based on in-depth industry knowledge of organizational and or client objectives, ability to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance, ability to negotiate with internal and external customers to gain desired outcome, ability to work under standards-based performance measures and ability to successfully manage many complex tasks simultaneously.
MAXIMUS offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Healthcare Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life/Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
Our benefit program also includes paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, tuition reimbursement, and supplemental insurance (pet insurance, auto insurance, legal plan, long-term care insurance and credit union).
MAXIMUS recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for a further interview will be contacted.
MAXIMUS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.