If you are a passionate and team-oriented Physical Therapist Assistant who is knowledgeable and proficient at performing accurate and impactful patient care, then join our team at Med1Care – recognized for being the Fastest Growing Homecare Agency in Ohio! We are seeking a diligent Physical Therapist Assistant who will travel to clients’ homes and provide therapy as ordered by a physicianand directed by a PT in accordance with a specific plan of care. You will provide care that complies not only with our agency’s standards, policies and procedures, but with state and federal guidelines, as well.
If you are a responsible and energetic individual who wants to work for a company that is dedicated to helping others achieve a higher level of independence, then Med1Care may be the right place for you to make a difference!
Physical Therapist Assistant – Home Health Care
As a Physical Therapist Assistant, you will:
- Provide therapy services consistent with the patient's Plan of Treatment.
- Observe patient during treatment, compile data and report patient's progress.
- Act as a liaison and maintain contact with patients, Physical Therapist and Clinical Team to ensure effective care coordination.
- Provide hands-on care and education of the patient utilizing Gentiva Care Notes.
In addition, a Physical Therapist Assistant:
- Has the autonomy to make individualized patient-centered decisions for optimal clinical care.
- Works with other highly skilled clinicians through a multi- or interdisciplinary team approach.
- Establishing comfortable and open lines of communication with your clients
- Ensuring that clients’ homes are suitable for their recovery
As a Physical Therapist Assistant for Med1Care Home Health, you must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills as you will be interacting with clients and their families as well as physicians and other coworkers in order to successfully provide care. We are seeking an individual who is also mentally alert and precise, able to think analytically and problem solve while taking the initiative in important situations.
Additional requirements of the Physical Therapist Assistant include:
- Degree from an accredited Physical Therapist Assistant Program
- Home Health experience a plus
- Current and unrestricted PTA licensure
- Current CPR certification
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Ability to push, pull in excess of 100 lbs. and lift or carry up to 100 lbs.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and a reliable vehicle
At Med1Care, our employees, coworkers and customers all fall in line with a shared vision of performance: helping people maintain independent and comfortable lives. Of course, we recognize how hard our team members work in order to provide this very important service to our clients and, therefore, we are proud to offer our Physical Therapist Assistants a competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package!