Mercer Advisors is an industry leader in financial planning and investment management.
Our staff of over 150 in 14 offices coast-to-coast includes Certified Financial PlannersTM, Chartered Financial Analysts, attorneys, CPAs, and other skilled and talented professionals who want to create a life of choices and freedom for each and every client.
As a company recently recognized by Forbes.com for the strength & size of our investment advisory services, we have a great opportunity for a Financial Planning Paralegal. The Financial Planning Paralegal will work in a client-focused environment assisting Managing Directors and Financial Advisors in servicing the needs of the firm's high net worth clients.
To be successful in this role, you must be organized, have outstanding attention to detail, excellent computer proficiency and great communication skills. Financial services experience is preferred.
Essential Job Functions for the Financial Planning Paralegal will include:
- Oversee and directly quarterback client onboarding operations to ensure 100% successful onboarding of all new clients—this includes CRM software updates, paperwork completion, and ongoing monitoring of asset transfers, account set-ups, etc.
- Directly quarterback and be responsible for highly sensitive asset / account transfers
- Help organize & manage region-wide marketing efforts (seminars, e-mail distribution lists, luncheons, etc.) in collaboration with Managing Director and RVPs
- Manage client communications and follow-up with clients’ other advisors (TD / Schwab ICs, CPAs, attorneys, etc.)
- Track all administrative workflow
- Support new client prospect workflow
- Schedule client meetings Monitor investment operations for accuracy and timeliness
- Collect and prepare client information for meetings
- Interact with other departments to support preparation process
- Track implementation of client financial plans
- Follow-up with clients' other advisors as needed (attorneys, etc.)
- Provide general office support for department
In order to be considered as a candidate for this position, your resume should demonstrate that you have the following knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (Financial Planning, Finance, or Business preferred)
- Minimum 3 years of client-facing financial planning or financial services experience
- Series 65 licensing required; CFP preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and organizational skills
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to work with high-level, busy professionals
- Have the ability to perform in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task at a high level
Why work for Mercer Advisors?
- Our reputation for excellence.
- We are dedicated to making sure employees have the proper tools and environment to be their best.
We can offer you an exciting, fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a vital role in our growth. Mercer Advisors is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefit package:
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life and AD&D options
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Domestic Partner Program
- Financial Planning Service
Job Reference Code: FADT
Compensation: Salary commensurate on experience
Indeed - 21 months ago
Mercer Advisors, founded in 1985, is one of the largest Registered Investment Advisors (Top 1%) and financial planning firms in the U.S.,...