MESH is seeking a creative and skilled designer with web design and frontend experience in our New York office. The designer will work closely with the creative director, and collaborate with developers to design and produce work for our small business and non-profit clients. We’re looking for someone who can mix the left-brain and right-brain, understands design concepts and can develop creative solutions to problems they haven’t run into before. This is a full-time salaried position, with compensation dependent on experience.
MESH Studio Overview
MESH is an interdisciplinary design studio with a team spread between two cities; Charleston, West Virginia and Brooklyn, New York. We are a team of designers and developers dedicated to communication design that supports good, smart ideas. We work toward a people-centered, creatively challenging, and collaborative work environment and are looking for someone with a similar attitude to fit into our team: strong work ethic and an all hands on deck approach.
We are looking for a candidate with a strong sense of typography, information architecture, layout, and color; who also understands how to harness the power of the web and translate design ideas into interactive interfaces through smart front-end development. We want to work with someone who is as passionate about working with people, as positive, and as high energy as we are. Organization and ability to communicate with creative director, designers, and developers are key. The candidate must have a command of the latest Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator softwares as well as a thorough knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS and other front end technologies. It is important to us that the right person has the ability to think in visual systems and an interest in expanding this skill.
- Strong communication skills are a must!
- Ability to communicate between development and design team - able bridge the gap and push the limits of both
- Detail-oriented at the pixel perfect level and highly organized
- A team player that can lend ideas to a project, raise red flags, and push team members
- WordPress experience is strongly recommended; you will be required to work with custom * WordPress themes and create custom solutions within the framework
- Thorough understanding of front end development with advanced CSS/HTML skills and familiar with jQuery/PHP
- Understanding of grid systems in both print and web design
- Must be able to take a vision and functional specifications and turnaround .PSD’s into fully functional websites that work across all browsers
- Comprehensive understanding of web usage, usability, and responsive design techniques
- Ability to produce design that considers information architecture, hierarchy, and identity
How to apply
Please send resume, work samples via personal website or PDF, and cover letter. Please tell us a little about yourself and how you would contribute to the culture at MESH .