Summary: Under the supervision/direction of the Medical Director, Nurse Manager and/or the Director for the Residential Treatment Center a Licensed Practical Nurse will provide ongoing patient observation of physical and behavioral symptomology.
- Provide ongoing care and observation of clients.
- Documents all data accurately in a timely manner.
- Administers medications and documents according to MFH Policy.
- Assists Physician and Registered Nurses as needed.
- Insures maintenance of the therapeutic environment through proper use of the program.
- Provides client teaching; may assist Education instructor.
- Assists in the implementation of the treatment plan.
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment and communicates pertinent data to other service providers as needed.
- Takes advantage of professional growth opportunities and in-service training.
- Attends regular staff meetings, as required.
- Provides and maintains requested information and program records.
- Physically capable of restraining youth if necessary (must be trained in Crisis Prevention Intervention and follow policy guidelines concerning seclusion/restraint).
- Cooperates with scheduling criteria, is punctual and dependable.
- Seeks out, responds positively to, and implements suggestions and feedback from Supervisors.
- Physically capable and willing to teach and assist youth in maintenance activities occurring in and around the home, which may include but are not limited to: yard work, interior cleaning, vehicle cleaning, maintenance, laundry, cooking, menu-planning, and shopping.
- Assists in preparation and helps maintain compliance with Licensing, Medicaid and JCAHO standards.
- Performs related duties as requested by the Director for the Residential Treatment Center and/or the Medical Director.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Practical Nursing. Must have current licensure to practice in the state of Arkansas.
- Previous experience in nursing required, preferably in a psychiatric setting with adolescents and children.
- Remains current in Crisis Prevention Training, CPR & First Aid.
- Ability as a self-motivator and the aptitude to work in a high stress fast paced position with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Possess or able to obtain a valid Arkansas Driver’s License. Must be insurable to operate a company vehicle if required.
Indeed - 9 months ago