Summary: Under the Administrative Supervision and evaluation of the Program Director for the Residential Treatment Center and/or the Medical Director, the nurse will manage the overall organization, planning, implementation and evaluation of all Nursing Service Activities.
Management of Nursing:
- Cooperates as a member of the patient/client care team to plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate the delivery of quality treatment according to standards.
- Assists with quality assurance activities specific to United Methodist Children’s Home, Inc. to identify actual or potential problem areas and report as per department policy.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal and communication skills to facilitate collaboration with personnel and other disciplines of treatment team.
Patient Assessment/Problem Identification and Care Planning:
- Utilizes observation, interviews and physical assessment to determine client’s health status and comprehension level.
- Utilizes advanced knowledge base and/or advance tools to obtain data not otherwise available by observation examination or history.
- Establishes priority of needs/problems according to actual/potential threat to client.
- Organizes and develops a goal oriented health plan of care to reflect the physician’s orders and the priority of identified client needs and changes of such.
- Collaborates with significant others and treatment team in assessing client care.
- Reassesses client and priority of needs as condition changes to intervene appropriately.
- May perform face to face assessments within one hour of restraint and/or seclusion
Hospital Consultation When Appropriate:
- Identifies crisis situations pertaining to client’s physical and/or psychological needs.
- When appropriate, collaborates with Medical Director and/or Program Director to assess and identify treatment to prevent complications and life threatening situation.
- When needed, makes appropriate referrals for hospital physical and/or psychiatric in-patient treatment.
- Coordinates with managed care/insurance companies if necessary.
Implementation/Evaluation of treatment:
- Integrates current nursing health care knowledge with competency in psychomotor skills to make appropriate decisions and acts to render treatment.
- Implements treatment in an organized, yet humanistic manner, preventing complications and life threatening situations.
- Implements treatment in collaboration with client, significant others and treatment team members to coordinate activities of other disciplines involved in client’s treatment.
- Attempts to determine the cause of significant differences in expected and actual responses of clients, in order to appropriately plan interventions.
- Anticipates and prioritizes nursing care delivered under changing conditions in order to appropriately respond to life threatening situations.
- Can demonstrate, supervise, and assess competency for waived testing or for phlebotomy.
- Thoroughly documents all pertinent findings from admission assessment to discharge planning process to create/ add to client’s permanent record within the time frame specified and for communication with other disciplines.
- Records identified problems and needs as a basis for developing initial plan of treatment.
- Documents nursing interventions based on reassessment and/or evaluation findings in order to evidence appropriate action.
- Documents significant incidents, facts or observations accurately and promptly through appropriate means as per Agency policy and procedure.
- Weekly staff meetings with Program Director, Medical Director and/or Direct Care Staff.
- Responsibility is assumed for continuing educational and professional development and contributions are made to the professional growth of others. Continuing education, etc. will be documented and copies provided to the personnel department to be kept in employee’s record.
- Arkansas Licensed Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
- Current Arkansas Registered Nurse license.
- Experience with adolescents and children in a psychiatric setting preferred
- Must be physically capable of performing the proper and necessary CPI holds
Indeed - 11 months ago