Trucking Specialist/ Broker
Heavy equipment exporter is currently seeking a Trucking Specialist to work out of our Houston, TX office (West Chase Area of Houston).
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
1) Experience in a trucking company or relevant experience from previous jobs
2) Effective oral and written communication skills with pleasant phone manners.
3) Strong computer skills < proficient with the use of desktop computers, printers, fax machine,
email, voicemail and Microsoft Office Programs, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook.
4) Problem solving and analytical skills, as well as a strong attention to detail
5) Strong work ethic
6) Ability to work independently
7) A energetic, competitive and career oriented mindset
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
1) Finding cheapest equipment haul all over USA and Canada.
2) Communicate effectively and negotiate the load and solve any problems that may arise during the move.
3) Find owner/ operators truck drivers in every state and to eventually deal with them directly
4) Making sure the load picks up and delivers on time without missing cut-offs.
5) Communicating with suppliers/shipping companies making sure machines or containers are picked on time.
6) Maintaining and updating all trucking and shipping quotes on excel sheet weekly,
6) General office Duties.
If you think you are a good candidate for this position and would like to become a part of our growing team, please send your resume along with pay history!