Be a part of the MICROS evolution…
Changing the face of Retail Software!
Can you see yourself working for a cutting edge technology company who services top retailers?
If you are a passionate, knowledgeable, and experienced Java Engineer/Developer we want you!
We're looking for an exceptional Java Application Developer who wants to push what is possible in Java technologies to the limit! You should be passionate and knowledgeable about Java, SQL Server, Oracle, and the platforms they run on. You will be working on our Xstore Point of Sale System that is currently installed in retail locations on a global scale.
You should be a superb engineer with 2 years+ experience developing Java applications. This is a high-visibility role which requires a quality-oriented approach balanced with a passion for driving the platform forward.
It goes without saying that you have built something that works in multiple platforms and take pride in something you built achieving a wide reach. Must be both self-reliant in working through problems and work well as a collaborative part of a larger development team.
Deadline oriented, responsible and reliable worker.
You will challenge yourself and others toward better code, architecture, and development process.
- Develops and designs new software products; maintains and supports existing software products; performs technical edits of documentation.
- Maintains high quality standards while still developing software on schedule.
- Assists testers and customer service with problem resolution and troubleshooting, as needed.
- Provides expertise on specific technical areas.
- Serves as individual contributor as well as team member.
- May assist peers and lower level associates in other Micros departments in understanding software concepts, tools and practices.
- Works under general direction - errors can cause substantial delay and expense.
- Competent to assist on most complex projects - subject to heavy work loads.
- Often works under the guidance of a higher-level software engineer or manager.
- Interacts internally/externally on an as needed basis to exchange information.
- Internal contacts include other Micros departments such as test and documentation up to the senior staff and management levels; external interfaces include vendors and subcontractors.
- Design direction, functional requirements, etc., are typically determined by lead or manager. "
- Bachelors degree in technical discipline (ideally computer science or engineering), or equivalent experience.
- 1 year related software development experience.
- Experience reading and translating specifications and technical documents.
- Additional skills may include C++, "Visual Studio"Java, XML, Struts, JSP, J2EE, JMS, .NET, Eclipse, SQL, JBoss, Tomcat, OO Design development, testing and integration skills.
- Approaches tasks with analytical perspective; ability to meet multiple deadlines and adapt to changing priorities.
- US Citizen and/or US Green Card holders are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor candidates at this time.
MICROS Systems, Inc. is the leading provider for enterprise applications for the hospitality and retail industries worldwide. Over 370,000 MICROS systems are currently installed in table and quick service restaurants, hotels, motels, casinos, leisure and entertainment, and retail operations in more than 180 countries, and on all seven continents. In addition, MICROS provides property management systems, central reservation and customer information solutions for more than 30,000 hotels worldwide, as well as point-of-sale, loss prevention, and cross-channel functionality for more than 150,000 retail stores worldwide and 17,000 fuel and convenience stores. MICROS stock is traded through NASDAQ under the symbol MCRS.
MICROS enjoys being an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
MICROS participates in E-Verify, a federal program that enables employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States by providing the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS at (888) 464-4218.