MIT Broad Institute

MIT Broad Institute Employer Reviews

Compensation is sub-par
o Senior Research Associate I - Work (Current Employee), Cambridge MAFebruary 7, 2014
It's fine. The work culture is nice, but career advancement and salaries are not competitive.
Excellent work environment
Manager, Research Informatics and Support Services (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 24, 2014
Great creative environment, no drama just hard working, down to earth folks who want to do their best work.
Great place for Learning!
Research Associate II (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 2, 2014
Overall, my experience at the Broad has been positive. I like how you are always encourage and engage in the cutting edge science research. There is always something new to learn because of the many Scientific talks occurring however this is available if you have some down time.
Its fun,challenging and highly rewarding
Logistics Assistant (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAOctober 14, 2013
A typical supply chain role that requires managing the flow of materials and information from vendors to end users. Ensuring proper inventory control and managing supply risk. Engaging and interacting with people with diverse cultural background is both challenging and fun. Creativity and Initiatives are recognized rewarded.
excellent atmosphere
Visiting Collaborator (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMay 29, 2013
The Broad institute has done an amazing job at creating a good atmosphere for scientists to discuss and communicate ideas. There are very nice chairs on every floor, as well as white boards in multiple locations. On many of my visits, I witnessed many scientists discussing cutting edge research in the common areas. The staff and management were very – more... friendly and created a good sense of community. The hardest part of the job was commuting from Newton to Lowell for school during the day and commuting to Cambridge at the end of the day to conduct experiments, then commuting back to Lowell to drop off scientific supplies before going home. The most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of community and togetherness that the Institute prides itself on. The Institute is also home to some of the most advanced machinery and equipment known to mankind and it instills a sense of awe at the sheer magnitude of the intelligence that went into creating everything that is in there. – less
Filed Important documents
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAMay 23, 2013
Pros: the people
Cons: little or no breaks
First thing I do is say hello to everyone, and go to my supervisors office. I have my daily chat with her about what I'm going to do. I get a pile of papers to file in the filing room. After i make benefit packets or make orientation packets. Later I file more. I learned how to take a job more seriously. My supervisors are respectful and always willing – more... to have a nice talk. My co-workers are always there when I need help. The hardest part of my day is the morning because that is when I get most of the work. The most enjoyable day is talking with my co-workers and supervisor. – less
Great to be part of something special
Security and Parking Coordinator (Current Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 13, 2012
Pros: great benefits
The Broad is full of wonderful people and great new opportunities.
The Broad is a great place to work. However, the management is sparse and career guidance is minimal.
Research Coordinator (Former Employee), Cambridge, MANovember 1, 2012
The Broad Institute provides a very exciting environment. The large scale impossible aspects of the genomics challenges create daunting tasks with which the community thrives.

However, the ad hoc culture provides inconsistent leadership across the company. I found the hardest part of the job was the lack of management and directional leadership.
Poor training
AAAA (Former Employee), Cambridge, MASeptember 5, 2012
Pros: at the end of each day one was able to leave cambridge
On boarding inconsistant. Job descriptions were far from the truth and recruiters were ill informed. Supervision was ineffective.