For over 44 years, Carrollton-based MMD Holdings LLC has been a leading global retailer, wholesaler, and distributor of military plastic scale models, publications, and related accessories. Military Model Distributors (“MMD”), Squadron, and Squadron Signal Publications are widely recognized throughout the hobby industry as high quality providers of a broad assortment of hobby products and information to meet consumers' needs.
The company fulfills customer orders placed online, via an onsite call center, and through mail order from its 51,000 s.f. warehouse, and ships direct to a diverse base of domestic and international customers. Our employees thrive in a small-business atmosphere of appreciation and confidence, contributing their unique ideas to the Company’s overall success.
MMD is accepting resumes for an Accounts Payable position. Eligible candidates will need to have a minimum education documented with an accounting certificate or a preferred associates degree in accounting, finance or business.
This position will be responsible for processing invoices for payment in an accurate/timely manner, and performing accounting tasks related to the efficient receiving, product costing, processing, verifying, and reconciling of invoices.
Accounts Payable Clerk Job Duties:
- Review incoming invoices and obtain departmental payment approvals.
- Setup, code and input invoices into the accounting system.
- Prepare aged payables report for vendor payment selection, check requests and outbound mail processing.
- Match invoices with proof of payment and associated documentation for vendor/invoice file maintenance.
- Reconciliation of vendor and supplier invoices, payments and analysis of accounts payable balances.
- Communication with vendors, vendor inquiry response, and analyze the prioritization of accounts and terms.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies, reconcile receiving discrepancies, and accounts maintenance for correct payment.
- Assist in month-end closing for accounts payable reconciliation and adjusting entries.
- Produce daily, weekly or monthly reports, when required.
- Assist with general business needs and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Education:
- Associates Degree in Accounting or Finance; or Certificate in Accounting
Position Skills Screening Assessment:
- Typing and 10-Key by touch. Basic Microsoft Excel knowledge.
Other Skills/Qualifications Desired:
GAAP Accounting Fundamentals Knowledge, General Math Skills, PC Proficiency, Attention to Detail, Organized, Problem Solver, and Flexible Response to Multiple Urgent Requests.