At MRV Systems, we produce neutrally buoyant, autonomous oceanographic profiling vehicles. A private company structured to serve a global market, MRV Systems is uniquely tied to research organizations and government agencies, providing intellectual and support resources for specialized applications requiring monitoring and verification.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Senior Software Engineer. We are looking for a motivated, seasoned professional seeking the opportunity to work with with a small, dynamic company located in the Sorrento Valley area of San Diego. We offer a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to grow with us. We strive to create an exciting, creative and nurturing environment for our employees.
Senior Software Engineer
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for leading the technical efforts to architect, design and develop software for MRV underwater applications from conception to completion. The core challenge is developing feature-rich embedded software under the constraints of high quality, high reliability, high performance, low power and unattended operation. This role presents the opportunity to develop new products and new technologies driven by increasing demands for scientific discoveries.
This position requires a seasoned professional willing to contribute and support at all levels to rapidly become familiar with oceanographic instrumentation. MRV provides the opportunity to work for a young company with the ability to quickly adapt and implement innovative ideas and technology.
- Design and development of embedded software for new and existing products.
- Serve as core team member/leader for software projects.
- Serve as technical reviewer on new and existing designs.
- Provide advanced application support to sales, marketing, and customer service personnel as needed.
- Possess an awareness of new and advanced sw technologies and their applicability to new product development.
- Propose concepts and improvements for new and existing designs and techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- 10+ years of related experience in software design, development and test with solid development experience with C and Java; LabWindows/CVI and PHP is a plus.
- Must be well versed in configuration management tools, software/systems integration and software/systems life cycle management.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills. An engineer with a background in the physical sciences is ideal in this position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate information effectively to external customers, managers and technical staff
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid work ethic, independent, resourceful, and self-motivated
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Vacation and paid sick leave
- Group health care plan including dental and vision
- Paid holidays
- Profit sharing