eCustoms seeks an experienced Customs Professional to work with our Drawbacks and Recoveries team to help businesses save money on their Customs duties and fees.
This is a great opportunity for someone whose career focus has been on the analytical aspects of Customs. Leverage your great research and analytical skills using modern, up to date tools and methods. Use your extensive knowledge of customs laws and regulations in a variety of recovery consulting projects. Challenge yourself to find the best duty and fee savings legally possible for each customer.
We offer a competitive compensation package. While our office is in Buffalo, NY we encourage applications from candidates with the right skills located anywhere in the US. Remote work arrangements can be made.
- Must have current US Customs qualifications – ie a Licensed Customs Broker or Certified Customs Specialist
- In depth knowledge of customs legislation, regulations, tariff schedules, FTAs
- Extensive hands on experience with HTSUS classification and analysis
- Significant experience working in-house or with external clients on Customs compliance or duty recovery audits
- Very computer literate
- Proven analytical ability
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Analysis of import entry data for recovery opportunities
- Harmonized tariff classification determinations, reviews and opinions
- Application for Customs Rulings in complex tariffs, origin and valuation
- Post entry adjustments including appeals and protests
- Duty drawbacks and other recoveries
- NAFTA and other trade agreements
If you are interested in this position, please apply providing your resume.