Software Engineer, Back-End Music Server
mSpot is mobile entertainment. We bring music, radio, and movie services to millions of consumers, worldwide. With our newest app, Music Hub, users can stream songs from an extensive catalog, upload their personal music collections to the cloud, listen to personal radio stations, and purchase music -- all in one app. We're a rapidly growing and vibrant company driven by a passion for entertainment and a vision to deliver the ultimate mobile experience.
In this position you'll be a critical member of the Music Server team responsible for developing the back-end server delivering music to millions of users. We're looking for passionate software engineers at every level who can develop well-architected, maintainable and clean code. We are still growing rapidly, so this is an opportunity to design and build something new.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in implementing scalable back-end services
- Development experience in Linux, PHP, MySQL, Python, Apache or similar technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Math, or Statistics
- Development experience in search, recommendation, big data, or high-volume applications
- Experience with LAMP
- Video and audio encoding and streaming
- Web services
- Knowledge of agile/scrum development methodologies
mSpot became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics in May of this year, combining the nimble outlook of a small company with the resources and reach of a global electronics leader. If you're creative, fun, hardworking and ready to revolutionize the mobile music and entertainment industry, contact us now - we'd love to meet you!