MTV Networks Employee Reviews

Fun Company to Work for but no security
Buyer of Technology / Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2016
This company has many perks, it's a fun environment but there isn't much job security.
The management was great but sometimes office politics was often an issue. Depending on the department your work experience may be different.
A productive place to work and learn
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2016
Great environment! People are friendly! You get a lot of training. The overall vibe of the company is fun, spiriting and exciting. I can see why people tend to stay here for a long time. It's encouraging.
fun place to work
Freelance Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2016
MTV had a great culture at the time i worked there. I cant say for sure now its the same place

I liked freelancing here. Nice coworkers & boss.
Pros
easy commute. great snacks & drinks
Cons
freelance gig
Excellent opportunity to learn the field of television production
Freelance Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2016
Great atmosphere, with great supervisors. I was freelance which meant I made my own schedule, and was able to pick which projects I was able to work on. As freelance employee I was able to network with other production companies and get hired for other exciting entertainment projects.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
no health care
The culture was great
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 2, 2016
Enjoyed my years at MTV Network. Worked with senior managers and developed alot of long lasting relationships. Still keep in contact with many of them.
Great work/family balance
Director, Integrated Marketing & Promotions (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2016
Company encourages a great balance between work/family life. Company also encourages working remotely. Very flexible place to work.
Pros
Fun place to work.
Cons
Can create better growth movements within the company.
Very exciting company to work for...back in the late 1990'a-2003.
Technical Operations, and Talent management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2016
This company used to be a pioneer in cable entertainment, and now with the ever changing media landscape-it's past it's hey day. Very hard to move up the chain, and no job security.
Great job
Freelance Editor/AE (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 7, 2016
Great place to work fun atmosphere tons pf perks! great co workers always had a good learning experience. I loved it! had a great time working at MTV events.
Really fun place to work in 2000.
Technical Operations, and Talent management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2015
This was the best place to work in broadcasting back in 1998-2001. Great culture and unlimited budgets for projects. Fast paced and exciting to be a part of a brand that was changing pop culure. All that has faded now, and the glory days of the past are gone
Pros
Great People, and culture
Cons
Everyone is freelance.
Amazing network to start and climb with
VH1, Talent & Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 19, 2015
AMAZING network to climb with. Overall I was there for four years and learned the hard way - they make you figure it out in order to succeed. I still have great contacts there and thank them for everything each time I'm asked.
Chance to do what you love
VP, TV LAND ON-AIR PROMOTION OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2015
If you like to multi-task the is the job for you and you have opportunity to step up and present new ideas especially with new technologies and changing business. However the industry and company has changed and challenges are mounting and leadership is under much pressure.
Productive and fun workplace
Production (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2015
It's a tradeoff working there. The people are great, but the pay is low and very few people are actually staff. Poor work/life balance.
Pros
bagel wednesdays, happy hours, young environment
Cons
very difficult to become full-time staff
Great place to start but limited growth opportunity
Senior Manager, Retail Sales Analytics (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2015
Great place to start but limited growth opportunity. Office culture varies by channel. Some departments do better about promoting staff than others. I've heard more stories of bad management experiences than good ones but there are some good managers there.
Pros
Big company and great benefits
Cons
limited growth opportunity
Great company to work for. Pull weight on your resume
Assistant for Programming (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2015
great company to work for. Media is fast paced. their can be alot of OT. in tv you always have alot of changes which can add to stress but the experience is amazing
Great people who last a lifetime BUT...
Supervisor, Strategic Sourcing & Vendor Relations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2015
Poor compensation and poor overall company vision leads to frustrated employees who feel used and abandoned when things get tight for the company (as they are now)
Pros
Back Up Childcare
Cons
Lack of support/ encouragement from Middle Management
Fun workplace at times
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2015
Used to be a great place to work 13 years ago. things have changed over time and are very different now. Management not as close to employees as they use to be.
Great Fun Eviroment
Accounts Payable Clerk - Comedy Central (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2015
Great creative place for those looking for like mended people. Great place for networking and Developing relationships for better opportunities.
It's MTV what's not to like
Director Of NoN Scripted (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 9, 2015
Fast paced enviroment, forward thinking executives, lunch perks depending who's your boss. Encouraged to move up wards.
Pros
A lot
Cons
Company tends to go on layoff sprees.
Such a fun atmosphere full of color and uniqueness
Ad Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 12, 2015
This job was amazing - every floor had a different color and the chairs were all clear, metal, or made of some other material. The lobby was not like a stiff law firm but laid back, with a 1950s trailer parked right in the middle of it.

I researched different marketing approaches for the account executives so that they would know what to pitch to potential clients.

I was in Santa Monica, right next to google, and would eat lunch with different people right outside the building on picnic tables.
Loved working here.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2015
I learned so much about marketing, advertising and television. I spent a good part of my career at MTV and had the pleasure of working in various departments. I worked my way up the corporate ladder by starting out working for the President of the company, as her assistant, and then moving over to marketing. I loved working here...unfortunately, I was part of a huge lay off in 2009.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MTV Networks. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3