MTV Networks Employee Review

View all MTV Networks reviews

Best job ever
Senior Director, Music and Talent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2013
One of a kind experience that only a handful of people have been lucky enough to have. I advanced from being an intern for 2 years up through senior director of programmer of the channel. That's the equivalent of the biggest radio station in the world (at least back then!). I was also lucky enough to be there during a time of resurrection of corporate and commercial music. Britney, Xtina, Backstreet, N'Snc, Kid Rock, Limp Bizkit, etc. A typical day was spent programming the next days programming, tomorrow's TRL countdown or perhaps that weekends 120 Minutes. The studio was always a daily stop as well. Spending time with the guests was very obviously quite important. I learned more than I can type here. My co-workers are still lifelong friends. We were in the trenches together and worked 18 days! It's hard to forget that. Mgmt was exceptional, kind and complimentary. I miss the place and those times all the time.
Pros
too many to list. ask me.
Cons
long hours that you actually wore like a badge of honor

Other MTV Networks Employee Reviews

Solid place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2017
If you are driven and fit the culture you will advance. Relationships are key to career advancement. Great colleagues make the stress worthwhile. Great perks and interesting travel opportunities.
Consultant
Consultant (Accounts Payable) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2017
This was an 8 month contract to consult on an escheatment project. AP manager was not a very nice person. VP was great. AP staff was wonderful. Unfortunately AP personnel was later outsourced to India.