MTV Networks

MTV Networks Employer Reviews

Fun Environment
Ad Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 13, 2013
My personal experience is not typical, I don't think. I was fulfilling 2 jobs, as they only had approval to hire 1 person at the time so I was overwhelmed and didn't have much time to integrate into the culture there. It was, however, a fun environment and I wish that I could have taken advantage of it more.
Listed below
Ad Sales/Traffic Assistant (Nickelodeon) (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 9, 2013
New York, New York
Contributor in all aspects of development for Triple Five Soul including marketing, promotions, and design. Responsible for wholesale ventures which increased sales from $300K to $14.5M in gross revenues. Through product placement, national sales, and public relations was able to increase earnings by 65%.
Great environment with opportunity to travel
Event Marketing/Promotions (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 23, 2013
MTV was excellent, but due to the economy they had to make budget cuts and eliminate certain aspects of of the business. unfortunately this is the reason I left.
Great place, great hours, lots of perks.
On-Air Promos, Production Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 14, 2013
Great place, great hours, lots of perks.

In at 10:30, summer hours.
Fun place to work
Advertising Sales Client Service Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 6, 2013
Pros: bagel fridays!
Cons: everyone fighting for slim promotions
MTV is a crazy place but with great people. A lot of meetings and deadlines, but great culture with diverse co-workers.
Great company to work for!
Library Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 6, 2013
Great benefits. MTV has great programs for individual learning and development as well as fun stuff too!
EXCELLENT Company to work for
CASTING PRODUCER (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: amazing talent and growth
Cons: a lot of travel
MTV has been an excellent company to work for. I have been very well taken care of at MTV.
Fast Paced Environment
Nickelodeon Networks- Press Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: company sponsored events
As a press coordinator you are the go-to person for information. At any point in my day I could be reviewing content to send out to social media blogs, or talking to Newspaper and Magazine writers. During events our roll quickly changed, at any given point we would have to run out to purchase an outfit for our talent to wear, or reschedule travel, escort – more... Talent to and from venues, or order lunch. In publicity you learn to multi-task, but you also learn to pay attention to detail. – less
Award shows and red carpets
MTV Radio Intern (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAJanuary 8, 2013
Recorded and edited audio from feature film press releases, concerts, talent interviews, award shows and special events
Uploaded clips and media content to ftp sites
Transcribe interviews
Best place to build your work ethic
Finance Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 8, 2012
Pros: bright and positive environment
Cons: in times square
Fun environment, incorporated Nickelodeon elements into office. Helped employees grow, fostered and encouraged development in positions and pursuing advanced degrees.
Productive and fun workplace
Syndication Sales - Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 3, 2012
Pros: education was continually offered, social events, diversity.
MTV Networks was a very social place to work. People worked as a team and supported each other in all endeavors. I grew from my initial position as a sales assistant to becoming Marketing Coordinator in a few years thanks to the mentoring of my sales team and immediate supervisors. I loved working with our clients and forged many solid relationships – more... with them. These clients include advertisers as well as program executives and producers. The hardest part, which I also enjoyed, was solving problems that arose from any advertisement or schedule that was missed or didn't deliver the anticipated ratings and working with MTV and the client to resolve those issues. – less
I loved going to work every day.
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 29, 2012
Pros: exciting and fulfilling
Cons: no job security. once the show ended, i was looking for another show to work on.
I worked in reality TV. My jobs changed on almost a daily basis - from driving the crew van to obtaining releases to camera work.
a great learning experience
Programming/Production Manager-MTV Espanol (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLOctober 1, 2012
please see my review for mtv. same company just different channels and positions
Great company for resent grads!
Production Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 27, 2012
Start your day around 10 am and end at whatever time the project is complete.
I learned a lot from business development to production.

Jacoby – October 19, 2012

whats the salary like for this position

Diverse and fun workplace
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: opportunities to enjoy media events (musical, theatrical, cinematic)
Cons: may need to navigate difficult personalities
MTV Networks has a fun corporate culture. The atmosphere changes from floor to floor, but the overall culture remains.
Work can be fast-paced, and management can be demanding. However, most people are willing to pitch in and roll of their sleeves to solve problems. Management and the labor force can be very diverse.
A very fun place to work for!
Editor (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CASeptember 19, 2012
A very fun place to work for! The people here are very passionate about the work they do. Good team, with hours that were steady and workflows that were solid. I enjoyed this company very much.
great place to intern
Program and Development Intern (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CASeptember 14, 2012
Cons: internship
I intern in the development department. It was the perfect taste of the entertainment industry. Great place as a student to learn.
Great work place
Security / Supervisor (Former Employee), Santa Monica CASeptember 3, 2012
Workinghear was great fun fast paced job, I learned that working hard and being humble pays off. I worked with a team officers and employees, the hardest part of the job for me was tryen to make sure everything was perfect so that management wouldn't have anything wrong to say about security. The best part was working and making new friends and meeting – more... all the people I met over the years. – less
Exciting
Content Distribution & Marketing, Viacom (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 28, 2012
Research Local Advertisers and work with MSO.
Key demographic information and Neilsen Data.
Is fun and great to work with.
Co-workers are fun and enjoyable.
Company events are unbelievable.
Example: Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Facilities supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 8, 2012
Pros: 4 weeks vacation
Great place to work great benifits
Great people
Good cafatirea

About MTV Networks

This company still hopes you want your MTV -- and maybe a few other cable channels. MTV Networks operates a leading portfolio – Read more

MTV Networks Photos