MTV Networks

MTV Networks Employer Reviews

What happened to the good old days?
Sr. Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 7, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay scale
When I first started working for MTV it was a fun creative company that believed in the value and diversity of it's employees. The staff felt great love and loyalty to the company and on most days looked forward to going to work.

In the last few years the culture has changed dramatically from creative to strictly business oriented. In my opinion, it – more... seemed that someone higher up tried to fix something that wasn't broken. The focus became how to get/ make more money, instead of creating innovative content and sending the right message. The morale was at an all time low when I left and those that stayed behind have nothing but complaints about the current culture.

Isn't the reason why this company was so successful for decades was because of it's innovation and creativity? Wasn't it the love and loyalty of the employees what made it a great place to work and therefore a great brand?

When most of the original people that created MTV, VH1 and Nickelodeon find reasons to leave after being there 10, 20, 30 years you have to wonder why. – less
Great Internship Program
Live Action Dev. and Current Series Intern (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAAugust 1, 2012
Really great people to learn from and perfect environment to be a sponge. Learned a lot about program development and what it takes to keep a show on the air. A typical day involved general office duties, reading scripts, and talking to anyone you want about what they do.
Junior Analyst - Digital Ad Sales Research (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 23, 2012
Pros: fun events
Cons: life is what you make it
This is a great place to work. I have learned a great deal in the few years I've been here.
BEST INTERNSHIPS EVER
Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 13, 2012
Pros: fun environment, hands-on work, great cafeteria!
Cons: no commute reimbursement
Being an intern at MTV was something of a dream! I worked with such a wonderful variety of people and got to do a lot of hands-on work, never had to make anyone coffee ;) Plus I found out that tons of my co-workers were once interns themselves! That was really nice to see.
Learned many things in the research dept.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 9, 2012
Pros: great work schedule.
Cons: not many
Got to know how many people watch Tv.

Two good bosses to work for.

Learned everything about Nielsen Media Research.

I also became an analyst.
Positive work atmosphere with amazing people
Supervisor - Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 7, 2012
Pros: the culture, the atmosphere, the location, the people
Things that I learned during my tenure at MTVN:

• Organizing/Planning/Prioritizing
• Conflict Resolution
Looks better on paper
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 18, 2012
For a company that prides itself on being fun and innovative, there doesn't seem to be a lot of either around here. Advancement is limited and slow, and work weeks are long and painful.
Great system of working together.
Production Assistant/Intern (Former Employee), New York, New York CityJune 12, 2012
As an Intern I was responsible for transcribing and short After Effects works. My co-workers were always on time and did everything accordingly to the schedule. They have their own system of working and communicating each other.
Challenging and Pleasurable
AP - Tax Reporting/ Banking/Reporting Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 8, 2012
Pros: work life balances
Cons: having to sometimes say "no." clients.
Working there was challenging and pleasurable, providing customer care to such a variety of people of different experiences allowed each day to be interesting to say the least. Majority of my coworkers were a joy to experience. Teamwork and cross training allowed the day to flow expeditiously. Solving the challenges the day presented was the most enjoyable – more... aspect of my experience at MTV Networks. – less
A Productive and Fun plaece to work
Post Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Nashville, TnMay 31, 2012
What an amazing company to work for. I really liked how they let you bring your own style and flavor to task at hand to accomplish the common goal. A diverse group of people working together.
lots of fun
Production Assistant (Former Employee), ny, nyMay 31, 2012
Had lots of fun and met tons of new people. opportunities could be created for almost anybody with an imagination.
Excellent work environment with great people
Corporate Press Library Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 22, 2012
I worked as an intern in the Corporate Press Library summer 2011. I had a great experience working at MTVN. The environment was very welcoming, and the culture is young and in-tune with the times. Communication was free flowing within my department, and the interns were offered various seminars to further improve themselves in preparation for future – more... careers. I enjoyed my time interning at MTVN. – less
12 + years in MTV Networks
Producer (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 15, 2012
MTV Networks was my home for over twelve years.

I started my career in the MTV Tape Library.From there i worked at VH1 for the Vogue Fashion Awards live show. Having it been a two month project, i quickly found myself landing a PA job at MTV on air promos. And the sky was the limit from there. I learned how to edit by staying after work and going in – more... on the weekends. I was quickly promoted to Jr Editor. I assisted a Senior Editor on multiple episodic's on a weekly basis. Some of them were The Real World, Road Rules, to name a few. From there i went into the Producer world. My first month was consisted of some heavy hitters - Video Music Awards was the first. Needless to say, I handled everyone with attention to detail and i had pulled through. From there i started producing different genres of spots. From tours, to PSA, campaigns, image spots, contests, radio, movie promotion, etc. I was then promoted to Associate Producer and then finally Producer.

MTV Networks brings creativity and promise to those who look for it.

Try and try and it will pay off. – less
I enjoyed my employment at MTV Networks.
Library Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 2, 2012
Pros: healthcare, semi non corporate environment, great people!
Cons: lack of communication and support from management
I worked three different positions in two different departments over the last 14 years at MTV networks. The comapny itself has so much to offer: great benefits, great perks, free seminars, training and professional growth classes. as well as tons of fun stuff!
I worked with some amazing people!! Those people just need to be appreciated more by upper – more... management. MTV networks can be a great company to work for. – less
Productive and a fun place to work at!
Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 2, 2012
Pros: long lunches, desk view
The major role of Media & Music Licensing in a broad stroke is to ensure that all MTVN programs are free and clear for broadcast across myriad platforms. Specifically, M&ML is in charge of licensing all third party materials included in all their in house production, which includes but not limited to, music, film clips, and artwork.
Awesome Job
Telecom Operator (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 1, 2012
Pros: free movie tickets, awesome christmas parties great hours to work
Cons: i regret giving my resignation to that job
Best by far the greatest job that I worked for. I met celebrities. Free movie tickets. Outstanding Christmas parties free promos. and free gifts for the children when they had they annual toy drive.
Film Production Staff (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 20, 2012
• Interfaced and maintained connectivity of G5 Macs with DV, Digibeta and Betacam decks and external hard drives via FireWire and Ethernet in a full post- production studio.
• Supervised satellite transcoded, Internet, broadcast and test-footage transmissions via Mac and Windows of PAL and NTSC footage.
• Edited, color corrected and applied bit/ frame – more... rate adjustment to telecined footage with Final Cut Pro and After Effects. Improved settings for telecined footage with vendor.
• Encoded and transcoded footage on Mac platforms with Compressor, Quicktime and MEncoder to H.264, MPEG2/ 4 and Betacam output formats.
• Managed project communications requirements and communications between production offices. Streamlined communications using VoIP telephony and AppleShare. – less
Avant garde creative company in the Music Industry
Production assistant/ Intern "TRL, MTV Specials" (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 9, 2012
Team spirit people. Highly creative standards. Comfortable environment .
Good
Cash Reporting Analyst (Current Employee), New york NYApril 4, 2012
i learned a lot working for MTV, the mangment in my department wasn't the best
co-workers were all good
Great place to learn about the industry
Music and Media Licensing Intern (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAMarch 12, 2012
Music Media Licensing is a great department to work for and the people were great.

About MTV Networks

This company still hopes you want your MTV -- and maybe a few other cable channels. MTV Networks operates a leading portfolio – Read more

MTV Networks Photos