MTV Networks Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Freelance Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2016
MTV had a great culture at the time i worked there. I cant say for sure now its the same place

I liked freelancing here. Nice coworkers & boss.
Pros
easy commute. great snacks & drinks
Cons
freelance gig
Excellent opportunity to learn the field of television production
Freelance Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2016
Great atmosphere, with great supervisors. I was freelance which meant I made my own schedule, and was able to pick which projects I was able to work on. As freelance employee I was able to network with other production companies and get hired for other exciting entertainment projects.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
no health care
MTV Production Management Review
Production Management Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2016
MTV is a fun and exciting workplace. I spent the days assisting Production Management and Assistants with day to day tasks. These including booking talent, travel, purchasing props, receiving proper permits for shoots, and overseeing shoots. It was a great experience where I learned how to multitask very well and to work in a fast past, constantly changing environment.
Pros
Summer Fridays, Lunch or snacks provided once a week
Cons
Long days during shoots
The culture was great
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 2, 2016
Enjoyed my years at MTV Network. Worked with senior managers and developed alot of long lasting relationships. Still keep in contact with many of them.
Great work/family balance
Director, Integrated Marketing & Promotions (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2016
Company encourages a great balance between work/family life. Company also encourages working remotely. Very flexible place to work.
Pros
Fun place to work.
Cons
Can create better growth movements within the company.
Very exciting company to work for...back in the late 1990'a-2003.
Technical Operations, and Talent management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2016
This company used to be a pioneer in cable entertainment, and now with the ever changing media landscape-it's past it's hey day. Very hard to move up the chain, and no job security.
Great job
Freelance Editor/AE (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 7, 2016
Great place to work fun atmosphere tons pf perks! great co workers always had a good learning experience. I loved it! had a great time working at MTV events.
Really fun place to work in 2000.
Technical Operations, and Talent management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2015
This was the best place to work in broadcasting back in 1998-2001. Great culture and unlimited budgets for projects. Fast paced and exciting to be a part of a brand that was changing pop culure. All that has faded now, and the glory days of the past are gone
Pros
Great People, and culture
Cons
Everyone is freelance.
Amazing network to start and climb with
VH1, Talent & Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 19, 2015
AMAZING network to climb with. Overall I was there for four years and learned the hard way - they make you figure it out in order to succeed. I still have great contacts there and thank them for everything each time I'm asked.
Plenty of work if you can keep pace.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Walton Hills, OHOctober 17, 2015
Great for people interested in working outdoors. Many avenues to keep yourself busy. Small company, direct interaction with CEO.
Great job, great people
Logistics Manager & Traveling HR Director (Former Employee) –  all over usaAugust 15, 2015
Daily tasks are always different, depending on what type of disaster we had to work and what state we had to work in. some jobs could be less than 24 hours some jobs could be 6 months or longer.
Pros
Great environment, great pay
Cons
always working in areas with zero power
Chance to do what you love
VP, TV LAND ON-AIR PROMOTION OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2015
If you like to multi-task the is the job for you and you have opportunity to step up and present new ideas especially with new technologies and changing business. However the industry and company has changed and challenges are mounting and leadership is under much pressure.
Productive and fun workplace
Production (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2015
It's a tradeoff working there. The people are great, but the pay is low and very few people are actually staff. Poor work/life balance.
Pros
bagel wednesdays, happy hours, young environment
Cons
very difficult to become full-time staff
Fun, creative workplace
On-Camera Reporter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 5, 2015
It's a great place to work with engaging and creative co-workers that work together to create a friendly environment. We are constantly trying to new things and interacting with our audience to figure out how they want their news to be delivered.
Great place to start but limited growth opportunity
Senior Manager, Retail Sales Analytics (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2015
Great place to start but limited growth opportunity. Office culture varies by channel. Some departments do better about promoting staff than others. I've heard more stories of bad management experiences than good ones but there are some good managers there.
Pros
Big company and great benefits
Cons
limited growth opportunity
Great company to work for. Pull weight on your resume
Assistant for Programming (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2015
great company to work for. Media is fast paced. their can be alot of OT. in tv you always have alot of changes which can add to stress but the experience is amazing
Great people who last a lifetime BUT...
Supervisor, Strategic Sourcing & Vendor Relations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2015
Poor compensation and poor overall company vision leads to frustrated employees who feel used and abandoned when things get tight for the company (as they are now)
Pros
Back Up Childcare
Cons
Lack of support/ encouragement from Middle Management
Fun workplace at times
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2015
Used to be a great place to work 13 years ago. things have changed over time and are very different now. Management not as close to employees as they use to be.
Great Fun Eviroment
Accounts Payable Clerk - Comedy Central (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2015
Great creative place for those looking for like mended people. Great place for networking and Developing relationships for better opportunities.
It's MTV what's not to like
Director Of NoN Scripted (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 9, 2015
Fast paced enviroment, forward thinking executives, lunch perks depending who's your boss. Encouraged to move up wards.
Pros
A lot
Cons
Company tends to go on layoff sprees.