MTV Networks Employee Reviews

Great company to work for!
Library Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2013
Great benefits. MTV has great programs for individual learning and development as well as fun stuff too!
Fast paced media company
Director, Media Planning & Scheduling (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2014
Working at MTV Networks can be very rewarding. However, there is an element of pettiness can be had by some of the management.
Fast Paced Environment
Nickelodeon Networks- Press Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2013
As a press coordinator you are the go-to person for information. At any point in my day I could be reviewing content to send out to social media blogs, or talking to Newspaper and Magazine writers. During events our roll quickly changed, at any given point we would have to run out to purchase an outfit for our talent to wear, or reschedule travel, escort Talent to and from venues, or order lunch. In publicity you learn to multi-task, but you also learn to pay attention to detail.
Pros
company sponsored events
Review
Facilities supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2012
Great place to work great benifits
Great people
Good cafatirea
Pros
4 weeks vacation
Good company
Digital Media Librarian (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2014
MTV Networks was an overall good experience. Excellent work environment in all their locations in the city. I learned a fair amount of how the media is stored and their how diligent all of their workers are when it comes to putting together a show or a news piece or even when it comes down to the their archiving system. the people were good to work with and getting along with.
Pros
inner cafeteria, discounts to certain things
Cons
expensive prices on their meals to keep up with the area, sometimes worked weekends
Fun and exciting work environment
Communications & Public Affairs Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2011
MTV Networks is a very diverse company, everyone with in the company are very friendly and easy to get along with. As an intern they made me feel very welcomed, and very much apart of the MTV Network family.
Pros
great cafeteria, casual attire, technology systems are great
Best place to build your work ethic
Finance Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2012
Fun environment, incorporated Nickelodeon elements into office. Helped employees grow, fostered and encouraged development in positions and pursuing advanced degrees.
Pros
bright and positive environment
Cons
in times square
Great company to work for. Pull weight on your resume
Assistant for Programming (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2015
great company to work for. Media is fast paced. their can be alot of OT. in tv you always have alot of changes which can add to stress but the experience is amazing
Best internships ever
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2012
Being an intern at MTV was something of a dream! I worked with such a wonderful variety of people and got to do a lot of hands-on work, never had to make anyone coffee ;) Plus I found out that tons of my co-workers were once interns themselves! That was really nice to see.
Pros
fun environment, hands-on work, great cafeteria!
Cons
no commute reimbursement
Productive and a fun place to work at!
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2012
The major role of Media & Music Licensing in a broad stroke is to ensure that all MTVN programs are free and clear for broadcast across myriad platforms. Specifically, M&ML is in charge of licensing all third party materials included in all their in house production, which includes but not limited to, music, film clips, and artwork.
Pros
long lunches, desk view
Great Fun Eviroment
Accounts Payable Clerk - Comedy Central (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2015
Great creative place for those looking for like mended people. Great place for networking and Developing relationships for better opportunities.
Facilitates growth and learning
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 18, 2014
The larger part of my day is made up of coordinating with other team members to ensure productive results. I have taken classes on the different communication styles to help me with effective communication. I have also learned a lot how to manage and balance work with personal life.
Awesome Job
Telecom Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2012
Best by far the greatest job that I worked for. I met celebrities. Free movie tickets. Outstanding Christmas parties free promos. and free gifts for the children when they had they annual toy drive.
Pros
free movie tickets, awesome christmas parties great hours to work
Cons
i regret giving my resignation to that job
Great Internship Program
Live Action Dev. and Current Series Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 1, 2012
Really great people to learn from and perfect environment to be a sponge. Learned a lot about program development and what it takes to keep a show on the air. A typical day involved general office duties, reading scripts, and talking to anyone you want about what they do.
Great work experience, flexible schedule
Assistant Music Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Monia, CAJuly 12, 2013
2nd freelance job I got less than a month of me moving to California. Fun work environment and a supportive and knowledgable supervisor.
Pros
Great work environment, great supervisor
Cons
Projects could be inconsistent, not full-time
EXCELLENT Company to work for
CASTING PRODUCER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2013
MTV has been an excellent company to work for. I have been very well taken care of at MTV.
Pros
amazing talent and growth
Cons
a lot of travel
A Productive and Fun plaece to work
Post Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TnMay 31, 2012
What an amazing company to work for. I really liked how they let you bring your own style and flavor to task at hand to accomplish the common goal. A diverse group of people working together.
Fun, dynamic, cool workplace!
CMT Press Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 13, 2014
Very "millenial" environment. Everyone is young and looking to have fun. Lots to do - everyone wants help. Coolest part of the job is dealing with talent. Also very challenging.
Great system of working together.
Production Assistant/Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, New York CityJune 12, 2012
As an Intern I was responsible for transcribing and short After Effects works. My co-workers were always on time and did everything accordingly to the schedule. They have their own system of working and communicating each other.
great place to intern
Program and Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 14, 2012
I intern in the development department. It was the perfect taste of the entertainment industry. Great place as a student to learn.
Cons
internship

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MTV Networks. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2