MTV Networks

MTV Networks Employer Reviews

A Productive and Fun plaece to work
Post Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Nashville, TnMay 31, 2012
What an amazing company to work for. I really liked how they let you bring your own style and flavor to task at hand to accomplish the common goal. A diverse group of people working together.
lots of fun
Production Assistant (Former Employee), ny, nyMay 31, 2012
Had lots of fun and met tons of new people. opportunities could be created for almost anybody with an imagination.
Excellent work environment with great people
Corporate Press Library Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 22, 2012
I worked as an intern in the Corporate Press Library summer 2011. I had a great experience working at MTVN. The environment was very welcoming, and the culture is young and in-tune with the times. Communication was free flowing within my department, and the interns were offered various seminars to further improve themselves in preparation for future – more... careers. I enjoyed my time interning at MTVN. – less
12 + years in MTV Networks
Producer (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 15, 2012
MTV Networks was my home for over twelve years.

I started my career in the MTV Tape Library.From there i worked at VH1 for the Vogue Fashion Awards live show. Having it been a two month project, i quickly found myself landing a PA job at MTV on air promos. And the sky was the limit from there. I learned how to edit by staying after work and going in – more... on the weekends. I was quickly promoted to Jr Editor. I assisted a Senior Editor on multiple episodic's on a weekly basis. Some of them were The Real World, Road Rules, to name a few. From there i went into the Producer world. My first month was consisted of some heavy hitters - Video Music Awards was the first. Needless to say, I handled everyone with attention to detail and i had pulled through. From there i started producing different genres of spots. From tours, to PSA, campaigns, image spots, contests, radio, movie promotion, etc. I was then promoted to Associate Producer and then finally Producer.

MTV Networks brings creativity and promise to those who look for it.

Try and try and it will pay off. – less
I enjoyed my employment at MTV Networks.
Library Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 2, 2012
Pros: healthcare, semi non corporate environment, great people!
Cons: lack of communication and support from management
I worked three different positions in two different departments over the last 14 years at MTV networks. The comapny itself has so much to offer: great benefits, great perks, free seminars, training and professional growth classes. as well as tons of fun stuff!
I worked with some amazing people!! Those people just need to be appreciated more by upper – more... management. MTV networks can be a great company to work for. – less
Productive and a fun place to work at!
Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 2, 2012
Pros: long lunches, desk view
The major role of Media & Music Licensing in a broad stroke is to ensure that all MTVN programs are free and clear for broadcast across myriad platforms. Specifically, M&ML is in charge of licensing all third party materials included in all their in house production, which includes but not limited to, music, film clips, and artwork.
Awesome Job
Telecom Operator (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 1, 2012
Pros: free movie tickets, awesome christmas parties great hours to work
Cons: i regret giving my resignation to that job
Best by far the greatest job that I worked for. I met celebrities. Free movie tickets. Outstanding Christmas parties free promos. and free gifts for the children when they had they annual toy drive.
Film Production Staff (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 20, 2012
• Interfaced and maintained connectivity of G5 Macs with DV, Digibeta and Betacam decks and external hard drives via FireWire and Ethernet in a full post- production studio.
• Supervised satellite transcoded, Internet, broadcast and test-footage transmissions via Mac and Windows of PAL and NTSC footage.
• Edited, color corrected and applied bit/ frame – more... rate adjustment to telecined footage with Final Cut Pro and After Effects. Improved settings for telecined footage with vendor.
• Encoded and transcoded footage on Mac platforms with Compressor, Quicktime and MEncoder to H.264, MPEG2/ 4 and Betacam output formats.
• Managed project communications requirements and communications between production offices. Streamlined communications using VoIP telephony and AppleShare. – less
Avant garde creative company in the Music Industry
Production assistant/ Intern "TRL, MTV Specials" (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 9, 2012
Team spirit people. Highly creative standards. Comfortable environment .
Good
Cash Reporting Analyst (Current Employee), New york NYApril 4, 2012
i learned a lot working for MTV, the mangment in my department wasn't the best
co-workers were all good
Great place to learn about the industry
Music and Media Licensing Intern (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAMarch 12, 2012
Music Media Licensing is a great department to work for and the people were great.
It's the best learning experience out of college.
Production Assistant (Former Employee), 1616 Broadway; 345 Hudson Street New York, NYDecember 1, 2011
Pros: great people, great learning experience, hands on work ethic required.
Cons: money
All television individuals should do their first stint in professional Television at MTV Networks. The people are great, the work is plenty, and you will survive a crucible that will bridge the gap that you need to make from young adult to full adult. A PA is a nothing more than a producer in training.

In my time I was tested with writing, researching – more... and edit screenings. You learn to put in the long hours, you learn to put in the responsibility, you learn to work with the impossible. It is your final test as to if you can be a professional in television. It's where you pay your dues. – less
Fun and exciting work environment
Communications & Public Affairs Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 1, 2011
Pros: great cafeteria, casual attire, technology systems are great
MTV Networks is a very diverse company, everyone with in the company are very friendly and easy to get along with. As an intern they made me feel very welcomed, and very much apart of the MTV Network family.
Muy buena empresa
Director de investigación y marketing comercial (Former Employee), MadridMarch 20, 2014
Pros: seguro médico y tickets restaurante
Cons: mercado muy afectado por la crisis
Multinacional de entetenimiento con cultura empresarial angloamericana. Buenas condiciones.

About MTV Networks

This company still hopes you want your MTV -- and maybe a few other cable channels. MTV Networks operates a leading portfolio – Read more

MTV Networks Photos