MTV Networks Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Syndication Sales - Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2012
MTV Networks was a very social place to work. People worked as a team and supported each other in all endeavors. I grew from my initial position as a sales assistant to becoming Marketing Coordinator in a few years thanks to the mentoring of my sales team and immediate supervisors. I loved working with our clients and forged many solid relationships with them. These clients include advertisers as well as program executives and producers. The hardest part, which I also enjoyed, was solving problems that arose from any advertisement or schedule that was missed or didn't deliver the anticipated ratings and working with MTV and the client to resolve those issues.
Pros
education was continually offered, social events, diversity.
I loved going to work every day.
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 29, 2012
I worked in reality TV. My jobs changed on almost a daily basis - from driving the crew van to obtaining releases to camera work.
Pros
exciting and fulfilling
Cons
no job security. once the show ended, i was looking for another show to work on.
a great learning experience
Programming/Production Manager-MTV Espanol (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLOctober 1, 2012
please see my review for mtv. same company just different channels and positions
Great company for resent grads!
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2012
Start your day around 10 am and end at whatever time the project is complete.
I learned a lot from business development to production.

Comment – October 19, 2012

whats the salary like for this position

Diverse and fun workplace
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2012
MTV Networks has a fun corporate culture. The atmosphere changes from floor to floor, but the overall culture remains.
Work can be fast-paced, and management can be demanding. However, most people are willing to pitch in and roll of their sleeves to solve problems. Management and the labor force can be very diverse.
Pros
opportunities to enjoy media events (musical, theatrical, cinematic)
Cons
may need to navigate difficult personalities
great place to intern
Program and Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 14, 2012
I intern in the development department. It was the perfect taste of the entertainment industry. Great place as a student to learn.
Cons
internship
Great work place
Security / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica CASeptember 3, 2012
Workinghear was great fun fast paced job, I learned that working hard and being humble pays off. I worked with a team officers and employees, the hardest part of the job for me was tryen to make sure everything was perfect so that management wouldn't have anything wrong to say about security. The best part was working and making new friends and meeting all the people I met over the years.
Exciting
Content Distribution & Marketing, Viacom (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2012
Research Local Advertisers and work with MSO.
Key demographic information and Neilsen Data.
Is fun and great to work with.
Co-workers are fun and enjoyable.
Company events are unbelievable.
Review
Facilities supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2012
Great place to work great benifits
Great people
Good cafatirea
Pros
4 weeks vacation
What happened to the good old days?
Sr. Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2012
When I first started working for MTV it was a fun creative company that believed in the value and diversity of it's employees. The staff felt great love and loyalty to the company and on most days looked forward to going to work.

In the last few years the culture has changed dramatically from creative to strictly business oriented. In my opinion, it seemed that someone higher up tried to fix something that wasn't broken. The focus became how to get/ make more money, instead of creating innovative content and sending the right message. The morale was at an all time low when I left and those that stayed behind have nothing but complaints about the current culture.

Isn't the reason why this company was so successful for decades was because of it's innovation and creativity? Wasn't it the love and loyalty of the employees what made it a great place to work and therefore a great brand?

When most of the original people that created MTV, VH1 and Nickelodeon find reasons to leave after being there 10, 20, 30 years you have to wonder why.
benefits
Cons
pay scale

Want to know more about MTV Networks?

Ask a question
Great Internship Program
Live Action Dev. and Current Series Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 1, 2012
Really great people to learn from and perfect environment to be a sponge. Learned a lot about program development and what it takes to keep a show on the air. A typical day involved general office duties, reading scripts, and talking to anyone you want about what they do.
Junior Analyst - Digital Ad Sales Research (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2012
This is a great place to work. I have learned a great deal in the few years I've been here.
Pros
fun events
Cons
life is what you make it
Best internships ever
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2012
Being an intern at MTV was something of a dream! I worked with such a wonderful variety of people and got to do a lot of hands-on work, never had to make anyone coffee ;) Plus I found out that tons of my co-workers were once interns themselves! That was really nice to see.
Pros
fun environment, hands-on work, great cafeteria!
Cons
no commute reimbursement
Learned many things in the research dept.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2012
Got to know how many people watch Tv.

Two good bosses to work for.

Learned everything about Nielsen Media Research.

I also became an analyst.
Pros
great work schedule.
Cons
not many
Positive work atmosphere with amazing people
Supervisor - Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2012

• Judgment & Problem Solving
• Team Contributor
• Organizing/Planning/Prioritizing
• Conflict Resolution
Pros
the culture, the atmosphere, the location, the people
Looks better on paper
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 18, 2012
For a company that prides itself on being fun and innovative, there doesn't seem to be a lot of either around here. Advancement is limited and slow, and work weeks are long and painful.
Great system of working together.
Production Assistant/Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, New York CityJune 12, 2012
As an Intern I was responsible for transcribing and short After Effects works. My co-workers were always on time and did everything accordingly to the schedule. They have their own system of working and communicating each other.
Challenging and Pleasurable
AP - Tax Reporting/ Banking/Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2012
Working there was challenging and pleasurable, providing customer care to such a variety of people of different experiences allowed each day to be interesting to say the least. Majority of my coworkers were a joy to experience. Teamwork and cross training allowed the day to flow expeditiously. Solving the challenges the day presented was the most enjoyable aspect of my experience at MTV Networks.
Pros
work life balances
Cons
having to sometimes say "no." clients.
A Productive and Fun plaece to work
Post Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TnMay 31, 2012
What an amazing company to work for. I really liked how they let you bring your own style and flavor to task at hand to accomplish the common goal. A diverse group of people working together.
lots of fun
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  ny, nyMay 31, 2012
Had lots of fun and met tons of new people. opportunities could be created for almost anybody with an imagination.

4.3