An MTV brand focused on global pop music and culture is looking for a coordinator to focus on blog, influencer/tastemaker and media outreach. The blog coordinator must have passion and experience in the music industry, a pro-active and “can-do” attitude, and be responsible for promoting MTVW content to relevant outlets.
The division is focused on emerging pop music trends from around the world – therefore, the ideal person will have cross-genre music knowledge (particularly indie and global), passion for pop culture, technical savvy and thorough familiarity with the digital music and content space. A minimum of 2-3 years experience in marketing is preferred. We are looking for a highly proactive and motivated team-player who can work within an entrepreneurial environment.
- Develop blog/media/influencer outreach strategy and plan
- Build strong relationships with local, national and international bloggers, influencers and media outlets; Attend relevant events
- Write pitch documents and communications plan
- Effectively pitch and secure editorial coverage related to MTVW content
- Ideate on pitch angles and creative opportunities to drive interest and buzz around programming
- Manage media/blog relations at MTVW tapings and events
- Manage entertainment and advertising award submission entry and process
- Assist in other marketing activities, as required
Required Skills/Qualifications include:
- 2+ years work experience in pr, media and/or blog outreach (music/entertainment preferred)
- Relationships with music bloggers, journalists, influencers
- Strong understanding and experience in social media
- Strong interpersonal, written and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, plus the ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of and interest in pop music trends from around the world
- Technical savvy
Indeed - 21 months ago
An MTV brand focused on global pop music and culture is looking for a coordinator to focus on blog, influencer/tastemaker and media...