MTV

MTV Employer Reviews

MTV
INTERN/OFFICE & PERSONAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: working with creative and innovative people. learning from them and collaborating was amazing.
Cons: management
What can be said of a company/Network like Viacom?
MTV is one of the greatest TV creations ever. Serving as a catapult for Music, Fashion, Film, Art and Advocacy in the Creative Arts. Being there and working there was amazing. Especially once i became a part of TRL.
Brilliant and Creative
Producer/Director (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 22, 2014
Fast paced and energetic. Creative people and fun world class projects.
video clips
Freelance Cameraman (Former Employee), mexico cityJuly 21, 2014
knowing the best singers in mexico and working with them is amazing
Fun with club music atmosphere
Camera Operator (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 25, 2014
The set for the pilot was in New York City's SOB music lounge. I not only learned more about camera work, I also learned more in music production.
Productive and Fun
Pharmacy Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMay 5, 2014
Pros: people i worked with and for
Cons: leaving
Prepping materials for trainings for teachers to keep up their creditials. Management was great family oriented enviroment. Work with a great group of people. Move out of state is the only reason i'm no longer there.
An honor
Recording Artist (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 28, 2014
I was absolutely honored to be a part of this fantastic organization!
MTV Networks, name says it all
Production Crew (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: fun and travel
Cons: no cons
Best job I ever had, fun, exciting, payment was great. Got to travel with pay. Get to meet stars and famous people, get to network with many important people. great pay.
Typical TV Station
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Sioux falls, SDNovember 12, 2013
Worked with MTV for a short time but was glad I got some experience working on the set. Coworkers were professional and worked hard to get good shots and made sure business was done.
Accountant Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2013
I enjoyed working on the set of "Teen Wolf" for MTV. I was able to meet actors that went from average people to superstars. Also, I learned how to provide great customer service.
MTV is a great workplace with a laid back but hard working atmosphere
Office Production Assistant / Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYOctober 9, 2013
Pros: great work atmosphere, free lunches, co-workers, weekly pay, weekends off
Cons: short breaks, long work days, sometimes low pay
A typical day at work would consist of me scouting locations via Google and various other search engines, for filming segments, for a plethora of productions. While at MTV I learned a great amount of how things work in production, producing and coordinating. I learned how to properly write and critique scripts, I learned the proper paper work needed – more... to to get clearance when wanting to film somewhere, getting celebrity clearance, music clearance etc. One of my favorite things about working for MTV was my co-workers and bosses were all really enjoyable to be around. Everyone worked extremely hard, but the atmosphere was always laid back. Everyone gave me good conversation, and sometimes myself and my co-workers would hang out outside of work so I feel that strengthened our working relationships. The hardest part of the job was when I had to be on set 15+ hours five days a week. Sometimes it could get tiring but I love what I do. The most enjoyable part of the job is working in a field I am enthused about, and loving the fact I can work in a field where the growth potential is almost inevitable depending on how hard you work. Lastly I love that many of my bosses were very patient and would answer all the questions I had regarding areas of production I was unsure about. From the producers and directors I've worked for, I have always had interest in their jobs. They would always take the time to answer any questions I had and explain in detail the requirements. I loved every part of MTV – less
great place to work
Assistant Editor (Former Employee), santa monicaAugust 20, 2013
learn a lot the avid working there - great crew of people i worked with
Productive Work Place
Special Events Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 12, 2013
Pros: fast paced turn around for confirmation
Cons: no job security after event ended
Great interaction with staff attending special events for MTV/ Nickelodeon.
Productive and easy-going workplace
Integrated Marketing Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 25, 2013
Management was hands on without being too aggressive. Great work environment to learn and grow.
Awesome experience
Licensing Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 18, 2013
You learn a lot as an intern, but jobs are very competitive

Company is relaxed, people are friendly
Political, old fashioned, slow moving, great benefits for FTers
Director (Former Employee), New YorkMay 17, 2013
Pros: if fulltime: decent vacation, good insurance, bonuses for mid level and up
Cons: inept management, constant layoffs/hirings, uninspiring org/people, highly political, lots of egos
Inept management with serious ego throughout the org. Massive layoffs and hirings throughout the year, every year, because of myopic, dated ad revenue model. Hard to reconcile America's highest-paid CEO's salary with this level of mismanagement and lack of vision.

Highly political, fear-driven culture where change is impossible. Hard to cross pollinate – more... with peers in other groups which is a huge loss. Talent tends to be mediochre, uninspiring to work with and comes from similar old school media companies, which doesn't help with fresh blood/new ideas either.

The only thing keeping anyone there are the benefits and bonuses (full timers only) or if they're into seeing Jersey Shore cast in the elevators.

Careful about the terms of your offer - if you're freelance or "permalance" you may not even get paid, ever. They treat outside vendors terribly as well. – less
Internship for MTV (home video department)
Internship for MTV's Home Video Department (Former Employee), NYCApril 21, 2013
Pros: invaluable experience, hands on learning, working for mtv/viacom, seeing work nationally distributed on dvd's
Cons: little or no pay (internship) unable to be hired full time since i was still in college
Great experience working with a wonderful team. Learned a lot, office and on-set production experience. Was a "Super PA" - ran errand, made copies, helped out in post production and when special guests came to studio. College credit.
Productive and fun work place
Logistics Manager (Current Employee), Holbrook, MAFebruary 4, 2013
Varies on day to day basis. Tasks depend on in house office work or on the road storm work and are always subject to change.
Great Internship
Home Entertainment Internship (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: meeting and working with new people
Cons: commute
Each day at MTV Home Entertainment was new and different exciting experience. I was able to sit in on interviews with celebrities some days. Sometimes I went on errand runs around the city which I enjoyed. Video editing played a big part in my position as an intern. Editing is something I have a passion for so being able to do it almost everyday gave – more... me more experience and enhanced my skills. – less
MTV was amazing
manager (Former Employee), miami Beach, FLOctober 1, 2012
if you love music and production this was the place to be. although it keeps changing MTV will forever remain to me a leader especially when it came to pop culture
Fun most amazing place ever
Facilities Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: meeting stars and being part of great events
Great place to work, every aspect of working at MTV was one great expereince.

About MTV

MTV is the dynamic, vibrant experiment at the intersection of music, creativity and youth culture. For over 26 years, MTV has – Read more