MVP specializes in recruiting and staffing Project Management professionals. We build relationships with talented individuals who have expertise in Project, Program and Portfolio Management.
We have a wonderful career opportunity for you with one of the most admired and well run professional services firms in the United States! Don't be shy - we're happy to tell you more about our client in a confidential manner with no obligation on your part. If you have a passion for Project Management and Life Sciences, don't miss this window of opportunity.
Do you have experience as a Project Manager, leading multidisciplinary teams and engaging stakeholders across an organization, to successfully deliver complex projects at Biotech, Medical Device and/or Pharmaceutical companies?
- 5+ years of Project Management
- Bachelor’s degree in a science discipline with experience in the Life Sciences industry (biotech, medical devices or pharmaceuticals).
- Project Management experience related to one or more of the following: product development and launch; business process optimization; intellectual property transfer; regulatory submission/regulatory compliance; quality assurance; alliance management.
- Knowledge and application of a disciplined project management process (Six Sigma and PMP certifications are a plus).
- Although not required, familiarity and success with drug and/or medical device development process from discovery through FDA clearance, working knowledge of regulatory requirements and processes is a plus.
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage projects within the established scope, schedule, and budget while meeting or surpassing standards of quality.
- Estimate resource requirements to complete planned activities.
- Develop and apply Project Plans and Schedules that represent the appropriate level of detail and task interdependency.
- Research appropriate technologies and apply technical knowledge to ensure effective delivery of project requirements.
- Ensure timely follow-up to all commitments.
- Define the objective, requirements, and assumptions necessary to structure a project or activity.
- Develop and document high level strategies for achieving specific objectives or activities (hierarchical strategy, process flow, Final Project Summary, etc.).
- Research and prepare project metric information including value statements or measures that explain/promote/justify involvement.
- Apply foresight and insight to proactively address risk management issues.
- Facilitate and lead effective meetings.
- Manage change and/or conflict within any project in an effective, timely, and appropriate manner.
- Develop accurate resource planning estimates to effectively manage personal workload and maximize individual productivity and revenue generation.
- Lead (coordinate, facilitate, and motivate) the efforts of the individual, team, client, and other resources associated with project activity.
- Continuously enhance personal understanding and application of the science and profession of project management.
- Produce and present clear, concise, and professionally written communications and presentations.
- Professionally communicate verbally with a broad spectrum of audiences, ranging from contract trade laborers to senior level executives.
- Listen to others’ thoughts and opinions intently and without interruption.
- Ensure a professional perception founded in neatness, organization, and maturity.
- Support project team members and other employees to ensure the success of their projects and realize synergistic benefits. Provide/receive peer and supervisor performance feedback as appropriate.
- Focus to customer service principles in all dealings with clients and coworkers.
- Consistently represent philosophies and standards in interactions with clients to portray a positive image and maintain and enhance the Company’s reputation.
- Ensure compliance to procedures and project management protocol including documentation, Project Plans and Schedules, and Project Files. Identify and implement continuous improvement to our protocols to enhance Company-wide efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure compliance to corporate policies, procedures, and standards, including housekeeping, safety, and appearance. Identify and implement continuous improvement to these protocols to enhance Company-wide efficiency and effectiveness.
- Focus to building healthy, communicative relationships with co-workers, clients, and others.
- Augment business development activities through networking, developing and maintaining relationships, seeking out potential opportunities, and participating in account development teams.
- Complete activities that promote professional development including Development Plan and Training objectives, involvement in professional organizations, leading internal efforts, etc.
- Support Company established initiatives and Annual Plan requirements.
Working Conditions (Project Work May Require):
- Extended hours including weekend/holiday work.
- Interstate, intrastate, or international travel.
- Field exposure to various manufacturing, construction, commercial, or institutional environments.
Certifications a plus
- Certified Associate in Project Management - CAPM
- Project Management Professional - PMP
- Program Management Professional - PgMP
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner - PMI-ACP
- PMI Risk Management Professional - PMI-RMP
- PMI Scheduling Professional - PMI-SP
- OPM3 Professional Certification
MVP provides recruiting support (sourcing, search and placement) to executive leaders who are committed to Enterprise Architecture. Whether...