MAAC Employee Reviews

Great learning experience!
AmeriCorps Member (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJune 2, 2016
My experience with MAAC has been great overall. I have learned different outreach strategies for education and workforce development. I have been in charge of Food Bank distributions in Barrio Logan and in Spring Valley. I have also conducted many community events and workshops such as Toys for Tots where we provided toys for families in need during the holidays and workshops such as how to prepare for an interview. I participated in network experiences in order to make hiring events at the center I work in to help people get hired for a new job. I participated in VITA clinics where we provided free income tax preparation for people in the community. And for the summer I work on enrolling young adults 16-24 in the center to help them get either their first job or a summer job. So I helped them out with building their first resume a cover letter and teaching different job search strategies to get the job.
Grate place to work.
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  1355 3rd Ave, Chula Vista, CA 91911April 8, 2016
Grate place and grate workers. My boss was really helpful and a hard worker. Agency is there to help out the community to reduce their utility bills and any other services that are needed.
Pros
workers and location
Cons
No Help
Front Desk, Train Clients / help other lifters, and fix equipment
Maintenance, Personal Trainer, Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Clio, MIMarch 31, 2016
I like working there, the people i meet everyday are great and the staff is nice to work with. The only problem I have is I'm unable to use all my skills, and the ones i can used are limited to the owners eye. To let me keep his gym running good also to keep his customers concerns meet. Its a dead end job been there for almost 2 years and still haven't got a increase in wage. This makes me to look for other work so I can survive in this economy.
Pros
Love helping people and to lift their spirits.
Cons
Hard to get the owner to listen to concerns so I can fix the problems.
I really like and love what I do here. It is just the pay
Office Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAApril 15, 2014
Really good place to work at, coworkers are great. We all try to work as a team. My typical day at work is: Helping people, satisfaction completing tasks, good work environment.
The hardest part of the job could be: Dealing with the emotional pain suffered by clients.
Pros
Good benefits, 12 pay holidays out of the year, great coworkers to work with.
Cons
There is no career advancement and we under pay
Work Work
Remanufacture GM type compressor (Former Employee) –  ontarioJanuary 21, 2014
same old same just work, Work and have fun when its not so busy
Great people to work with.
Certified Leasing Specialist/ Leasing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 6, 2012
My experience working for MAAC is not a typical one. I believe the company overall started out as a great company to work for. However, with in a year after I started, things changed for me. I know many co-workers excelled and were very happy. You just need to be careful of the property you accept working at. Many of my co-workers were great but we all knew to move up, you must be a friend or family member with the upper management. I loved leasing. I didn't enjoy being taken advantage of when management couldn't or wouldn't do their job. I did not like my Area Leader. She blamed me for anything from files not completed by my colleagues to the management over budget by $15,000 in one month. In the end, she was manipulative and a bully. My property manager and assistant manager continually explained that the problem with the property was a decline in the area with crime and income. They also tried to explain that most everyone that applied couldn't be approved based on our criteria. We were also short handed in the office most of the last year I was there. The last person they hired had no leasing experience and no computer experience. He was not qualified for this property. I worked for 2 weeks to train him only to be terminated when I called in for a personal day due to a family emergency. I guess I should have been buddies with someone higher up and they would have been understanding. I knew people who came to work and cried everyday, didn't do their job, had multiple leasing consultants and assistant managers that refused to work with her because of her behavior and still  more... managed to be transferred to an easier property to manage so they wouldn't be fired or demoted. That person of course was a good friend with the regional CEO and other managers. I had exemplary reviews from everyone I worked with and was let go the first time I had any kind of problem. Mine were medical and family sensitive. That did not matter. Shortly after my termination and the termination of the new manager, the company saw fit to sell the property and let the Area Leader go.  less
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
bad management
Enjoyed interning there
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAMarch 18, 2012
I enjoyed interning at MAAC Project. I enjoyed the work experience and the people that I met on a daily basis. I was welcomed and all of my co-workers were very nice.