MAAX Employee Reviews in United States

Productive Company producing bath and shower units.
Quality Tech ( finisher, inspector) (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJuly 11, 2012
Usually 8 hour work day which included two 15 minute breaks and a half hour lunch break. The work includes making bath and showers made out of fiberglass. I learned how to mix chemicals and other compounds to produce a strong base in which the units were made of. I also learned how to roll air out of the wet fiberglass material and to fix air bubbles that were dried. I learned to work with numerous power tools such as buffers and sanders, to correct any defects. I had worked with employees that had positive and cooperative attitudes, and I had worked with employees that had poor attitudes. Many times management failed to address the employees that caused a hostile work environment. Many supervisors and managers fraternized inside and outside of work with regular employees. The most difficult part of the job was the lack of communication from the supervisors, The most enjoyable aspect of working there was the benefits package and vacation time.
Pros
good insurance and vacation.
Cons
downsized, give no more pay raises
it was a very hot place but i enjoyed what i did and the people i worked with
ticket writer (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJuly 6, 2015
a typical day for me at work was doing load sheets looking for units preparing units to be gel coated doing paperwork for loads and putting tickets in pouches to let others know what color what boards and stuff that go on the particular units I can stay organized and multi task
Pros
i like the busy atmosphere and the people i liked working with
Cons
very very hot
Productive, and enjoyable
Final Finish (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INJanuary 28, 2013
The coworkers always worked as a team. Management was very helpful and respectful. I enjoyed the learning process of how to repair parts. I learned how to sand, buff, patch, and paint the bathtubs.
Pros
teamwork
Fiberglass roller
Fiberglass Roller (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INJuly 26, 2013
When I first got to work we had to suit up so we didn't get fiberglass all over us. Then I went to my station and started on station 1 until we got to station 3 where I usually worked. I learned about resin and wet fiberglass the does and don't. My Forman was a very understandable person if we had any problems. The co-works were all good people. I didn't really find anything hard about the job. I enjoyed the job cause it was a steady passé job.
Pros
the company was a good company to work for
Cons
we had to suit up in white plastic and tape everything even are shoes
Fun co-workers and amazing management.
ROLLER/ CHOPPER (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJanuary 7, 2014
Very hot and dirty but with the amazing people we have in the environment made the days great. the hardest part of my job would have to be dealing with the heat but got threw it.