Mac's Convenience Store Employee Reviews

Decent part time job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ravenna, OH 44266May 3, 2017
if you are looking for a flexible work schedule this is the place for you. If you are looking for full time I would look else were. Management are forced to work 8 and 10 hour shifts without much support and no breaks or lunches. The company does not invest into there buildings and or facilities. My equipment is broken all of the time.
Pros
flexible work schedules
Cons
no scheduled lunches or breaks in a 8 hour work period
This is not a good company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INMay 2, 2017
this is not a good company to work for. they do not care about your family time nor time to request off. they do not care if you have vacation time and cuss at you in front of customers
not a pleasant work enviroment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioApril 24, 2017
I do not recommend working here.The 8 hour day with no breaks requires you to be on your feet the whole time. You have to stock, clean, prepare food all while trying to take care of customers. There is not enough time to do all that is required of you, ever. I have not had a single holiday off in three years. The turnover rate is horrible.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, 8 hours standing, open 24/7/365
Productive place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Irvington, KYJanuary 4, 2017
The operations ran very well. The co workers were fantastic. I loved that it was fast paced. It was a very fair environment. Very professional and conducted well.
Pros
They treated everyone the same.
Cons
It was a far drive.
Not a good paying company
Store Manager/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Imperial, MODecember 29, 2016
This company is publicly traded. This affected the pay because of the investor influence. For the hours and time put in the compensation was not fair.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
pay
Provide Gas station services while be friendly to customers and meeting quarterly quotas by up-selling products in the store.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHOctober 23, 2016
A typical work day would be greeting customers as they enter the store. Ringing out customer transactions while up-selling additional products. In addition, stocking the store with products while multitasking to complete additional job responsibilities. I learned how to operate a lottery machine and how to submit work tickets for issues within the store. I enjoyed working with the majority of my co-workers; however, I did notice that some of them would bring personal business inside the workplace. Or would speak on different problems that had occurred between different co-workers or management staff members. I found that to be challenging in order to commit to my job completely. I was not satisfied with the management team. I found them to be unprofessional and solely cared about the appearance of the store and the amount of money being paid and how to increase it. My manager was not comfortable with confrontation and would allow co-workers to do a no call no show and yet still give them opportunities to be employed. There was favoritism between the manager and certain employees. The hardest part of my job was not being appreciated. I trained about eight employees and I was hired in a position to do so and I did not receive any incentive for doing so. My hard work was overlooked on many occasions. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting and interacting with customers.
Pros
Fast pace environment, interpersonal communication with customers
Cons
Short breaks, poor management, Not enough hours, minimal incentives
Wonderful place to work for.
Consultant/Coatings Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHJuly 20, 2016
Learned many coatings applications and troubleshooting methods. Enjoy seeing the final product and knowing we made a difference in the environment.
Pros
lunch was always taken care of as well as clothing and hotels
Cons
outside work can wear on you
Great people to work with.
Office Coordinator - Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Moorhead, MNJune 24, 2016
Days are productive, go by fast. Co workers are great and like to have a good time. Management is supportive and fun as well. Month end can be challenging, but that is typical at pretty much every company I have worked for.
it was ok to work at
cashier (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSApril 25, 2016
I did my job went in on time and clean up and close the store at the in of the night. there is not to much to say about this one.it was not a good place to work at.
Macs
Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAApril 6, 2016
MACs has a lot of excellent opportunities with good pay. MACs is very thorough in their reviews and evaluations of potential consultant placements.
Pros
Good benefits
Customer Care Specialist/Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORMarch 25, 2016
No room for advancement. No pay increase in the year and a half I worked there. Could not afford the commute. Did not make enough to provide for my family. I barely broke even.
love working there
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSJanuary 24, 2016
waiting on people, how to be a hard worker, management was good he was hard on people but I like him, we got along good some of us even became friends, the hardest part of the job was taking out the outside trash. I enjoyed the most is meeting people
A horrible company to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Middlefield, OHJanuary 15, 2016
No breaks given because you often have to run the store by yourself. Managers and assistants are put under way too much pressure and stress. Assistants barely make more than regular cashiers even though they get triple the responsibilities. I've seen a lot of people come and go because of bad management. They didn't even give us free drinks until my 3rd year working there. Then they put pizza into our store and expected everything to run smoothly without giving us enough extra hours to have people work. Awful company. Stay away from Circle K.
Pros
Co-workers were fun to talk to
Cons
Everything else, no breaks, standing on your feet for 8 hours straight, running the store alone all night, open 24 hours, everything
Typical C Store
Recruitment Lead (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 13, 2015
Macs was a good place to work prior to Sunoco's purchase. Most of the staff has been redeployed are let go at this point and time the the Columbus market will be closing its office.
any thing goes atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILAugust 8, 2015
Nice customer most are polite co-workers and managers have a any thing goes attitude pay is not great insurance sucks can advance
Pros
Great Customers and always something to do
Cons
Lots Of Drama
good work atmosphere
assistant manager (Current Employee) –  dunlop, barrieJuly 14, 2015
I am getting more freedom. good work atmosphere. fun at work place. we can interact with customers. Language improvement.
Friendly, fast paced work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brook Park, OHJuly 9, 2015
A typical day at work was making coffee every two hours, ringing customers, upselling products, stocking, making roller grill items every few hours, putting out fresh bakery, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, wiping down counters, taking out trash, maintaining outside areas around building, cleaning: coffee urns, milkshake machine, creamer machine, windows, cooler doors, displays, shelves, etc. As assistant manager, I learned how to enter invoices, do payroll, monitor employees, make deposits. Management was usually young and inexperienced. There was not a hard part of this job. The most enjoyable part of the job was greeting customers and providing excellent customer service.
Pros
Free fountain drinks and coffee during work hours. Not having to clock out for 15 min. breaks.
Cons
No breakroom or designated area for employees to take breaks.
no room for advancement
Cumberland, MD (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INJune 8, 2015
In circlek stores there is very little room for improvement it has a way of doing things that I really don't agree with. I love working there but there way of doing things are very different than most.
Pros
i am able to work
Cons
no room for improvement
gas station work
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek OhioJune 3, 2015
Coolers, Drunk people, Soccer people, My regular customers who are very kind. There is a lot of business and a lot of cleaning and most of all the need for supply of the products you need to sell like roller grill items and the fountain drinks.
Pros
free drinks when working and 1/2 price subway
Cons
no required breaks and very poor benefits
busy hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSMay 5, 2015
Times during the day that people are in a hurry but they had to come in an pre-pay for the gas an i had to deal with customers that are aggravated an dis-oriented but i learned thru time to be patient an have respect for all customers. And when the other co-workers are busy to not ask them if they need help just be curtious an pitch in even if i am away from my register to go an help the long lines out.. The hardest part of any day would be those 5 o'clock rush hour.
Pros
gas prices
Cons
traffic