MAC Cosmetics Employee Reviews

fun place to work with unique culture
Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Mac is a great company to work for. An average day is filled with hard work, but knowing that you're making a difference in a lot of different types of women's lives. Your coworkers become your family, especially smaller locations with small staffing. Management in my experience has been extremely supportive, and push you to become better workers, and makeup artists. The hardest part is meeting your goals in slower times, but it is possible through outreach and your loyal clients who come in for every collection. But my favorite part is really making the difference for women who have specific challenges, be it health, skin struggles, or unfavorable features, and turning it around and making them feel beautiful. That's the most rewarding part.
Fun enviroment, room for advancements, different certifications to earn,
Sales/Make-up Artist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 3, 2016
MAC great company to really horn in on your make up skills. Ability to really be creative, building a loyal client base. The opportunity to grow and advance into many arenas that MAC has to offer. Management was great and personable. Scheduling allowed you to have an outside life to work as well. Very well balanced company
Pros
pay, gratis, employee discount, advancements
wonderful place to work
Freelane Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 29, 2016
I absolutely love working for MAC! The only downside is I am Freelance and I desire full-time. I know in time I will move up. This company and all of the employees that I have met so far are all beautiful inside and out.
Pros
the job is wonderful
Cons
im temporary
Great Brand but no walk in the park
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  NJJanuary 27, 2016
If you love a challenge, willing to work long hours, this is the brand for you! Salaried managers work 40 hours plus and you must set boundaries with your staff or you will burn out. The culture of MAC is unlike any other. If you are willing to sacrifice your personal like you will find MAC challenging yet rewarding.
Pros
great benefits, amazing training and education
Cons
no quality of life!
Very Productive workplace
Makeup artist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 22, 2016
Check all makeup appointments, meeting sales goals for the day, education is a daily. Co-worker's are great. multi tasking is a bit difficult but manageable during busy season.
Pros
Great discount, Good schedule
Cons
Hard to get Full time positions and health insurance
Great company
Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAJanuary 17, 2016
Company provides regular training, both in store and off-site. Fun environment and always new trends/products to learn about.
Educational and Exciting
Senior Artist/Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 16, 2016
MAC provides you with great training and developmental opportunities. The environment is fun and fast paced. Being a retail position, nights and weekends are a requirement
Freelance Artistry for MAC Cosmetics
freelance (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 12, 2016
Freelancing for MAC is a great opportunity to either get your foot in the door to become a permanent artist or to supplement your current income as you get to chose the hours you are available to work.
Pros
Being around other artists, ability to work at multiple locations, having a sense of community, flexible schedule, morning or evening shifts are available
Cons
no benefits for freelance artists, if it's slow less hours are available, less training for freelance artists
Excellent Make-up Line
Make-up Artist (Former Employee) –  FLJanuary 4, 2016
I gained a lot of experience of artistry skills and product knowledge while in my eight plus years in the company and am grateful for that!
Pros
Gratis of products and Training in training facility every 3 months
I was allow to be as creative as possible
Freelance Make-Up Artist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 23, 2015
My favorite job because they allowed me to be as unique and as creative possible. They encouraged us to show the world who we truly are. They made it ok to be ourselves with a no judge z.one
Pros
Pay rate was great and I get paid weekly
Cons
Lack of hours
Amazing its MAC
manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 18, 2015
Fun
Productive environment
Company invested in the employees
Great sales incentives
Improved on image . artists seemed unapproachable but company was working on it
no work life balance but it was rewarding
amazing benefits (insurance)
Pros
invested in its people
Cons
no work life balance caused burn out
fun atomosphere
Cosmetic Regional Trainer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2015
number based occupation,nothing like it used to be as far as being a lead in the creative market although some enviornments do foster creativity.
Pros
fun work atmosphere
Cons
very number driven
Amazing and Dedicated Team
Makeup Artist/Sales (Current Employee) –  NYNovember 14, 2015
Overall, there is a sense of pride in both personal and teamwork. Its staff remains dedicated to the client and the progression of cosmetics. As a member of the global flagship, days are typically incredibly busy. This environment can really fuel a sense of excitement and eagerness within the team.
Pros
personal growth encouraged
MAC provides a ton of education.
3rd key (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 10, 2015
Mac is a fun work environment that provides quarterly training on new products and artistry tips. Trainers are great at getting you excited and motivated to do your job and communicate that excitement to customers.

Very customer service oriented job.
Makeup is always fun.
Professional Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHNovember 10, 2015
Provide makeup and skincare services to customers. Educate the customers with new techniques of application. introduce new product launches and schedule multipole appointments to build client base.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Blackout periods during Christmas season
Fun workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2015
Exciting to work with all different cultures from around the world. Management highly encourages growth. Love to create relationships with different clients.
Pros
Creativity
Cons
No work lif balance
Creative, inspiring work place
Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAOctober 26, 2015
My overall experience with MAC Cosmetics was amazing. I was with the company for a total of four (4) years. During my time with the company, I installed many valuable skills that I will take with me to future employment. I very much enjoyed the staff/my managers, as it was a fun and pleasant work environment for me. In the end, I was looking to grow outside the cosmetics industry and challenge myself into a different field of work.
Pros
Passionate driven employees/staff
Cons
Healthcare
Very up beat environment
Freelancer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 25, 2015
MAC allows you to be the most creative with yourself and others. FReedom of expression and very judge free zone. Mac does not discriminate, does not allow you to discriminate others . Everyone is allowed to be different and show off their creativity through color. Very strict Black on black uniform.
Pros
free products, and VIP sneak peaks of season collections
Cons
Very difficult to get hired
where you can work to expand your artistry
Freelancer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 16, 2015
loved to work with diverse customers being able to help each customer reach their needs with makeup artistry. Working for mac taught me a lot about my artistry side i didn't get training like permanent employees did i simply taught myself and learned from other artist. Every counter i worked mostly everyone was helpful.
Workable
Cashier/Artist Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2015
Perform job duties such as handle cash, assist customers, artist and mangers with product sales and makeup applications.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
unprofessional environment

4.2