MAC Property Management

MAC Property Management Employee Reviews in United States

Fast Paced, Fun Environment
Administration (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2016
I love coming to work in such a beautiful building and being able to work with such a great team of co-workers. No two days are the same and I am constantly learning new things on the job.
Terrible. Period.
Staff (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2016
Soul sucking. Your best will NEVER be quite enough unless you are in the right clique. Then you can do whatever you please. Extremely unprofessional and very unhealthy environment. Beware...there is very, very high turn over here. You are disposable. Run, don't walk away!
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Day in the Life of High Rise
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2016
My typical workday consist of communicating with management regarding people that are moving in/out. I ensure that everyone moving in/out have a smooth transition during their specific move in/out timeframe. I also make any keys that are needed for new and/or old tenants, management, and leasing agents. I maintain the camera system and review any activity that needs to be addressed to ensure the safety of employees, the property, and tenants. I work closely with management, concierge, and the maintenance team and assist when needed.

The hardest part of my job is knowing how to deal with different personalities and people. The best part of my job is meeting all types of people from different walks of life. I tend to learn something new everyday.
Pros
One the of pros is meeting new people.
Cons
There are people put in leadership positions that do not have any leadership skills.
Great growth opportunities within the company. Great team to work with. Compensation and benefits could be better
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJFebruary 22, 2016
The company is growing fast. There are many growth opportunities.
Great work life balance
Amazing team to work with.
Work from home flexibility when needed.
Awesome
Resident Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hyde Park, ILJanuary 27, 2016
Great place to work, employer always looking for ways for employee to excel in every area of their job.My co worker are awesome team work makes the dream work.
unproductive and unappreicative
Leasing (Former Employee) –  ChicagoSeptember 20, 2015
Horrible management! A revolving door with highest turn of employees I've seen any where. If I could turn back time, I seriously would have declined their offer.
Poor work enviroment
building maintenance (Former Employee) –  chicago,ilApril 22, 2015
This company has unrealistic goals for its maintenance staff. They want you to drive to building to building to perform work orders, they to not provide job specific tools, they are understaffed and some building are union while others are not meaning they can get rid of the non-union staff anytime they want and the management are treated better than the maintenance staff.
Pros
its better than nothing
Cons
Management has super inflated ego
company sucks
Second Shift Facilities Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2014
check apartments, change lightbulbs, change locks, unclogg toilets
Great
Leasing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2014
When you have a great team to work with the day to day activates aren’t as rough. The people at this company are good people making work pleasant.
Good company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2014
Good company
Team work
located in Hyde Park
Lovely units
near the University of Chicago.
hard work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Chicago ILFebruary 20, 2014
Driving around too different properties too kept maintained.Check all laundry room an public areas an if i had a work order for that property i would have to complete.Ive learned that all property management companies are different.i enjoyed learning some things i didnt no. Some coworkers showed me an some didnt. im a team player i will do any an every thing to get work done.
Property Accountant (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJJune 11, 2013
My experience with Mac Property Management has been very rewarding. I have the pleasure of working with a group of people who have been very supportive of me during my employment with the company.
Challenging Work Enviornment
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, Hyde ParkApril 10, 2013
MAC had acquired property in the Hyde Park Area of Chicago at a very rapid Rate. Most of the properties were not ready to be leased, but were leased regardless.
Pros
young company, much potiential
Cons
risking the welfare and safety of tennants unnecessarily
company that has schizophrenia
property manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2013
owners, human resources and accountants operate out of new jersey, but the leasing agents and property managers operate out of chicago and kansas city. the culture of the new jersey office is very professional and hardworking, but not very fun. the culture of the chicago office is lackadaisical, selfish and sometimes just plain incompetent, but willing to have fun. the disjointedness of the company leads to confusing priorities. also, there is very little oversight which leads to great mistakes becoming huge problems once they finally get passed to someone who actually wants to fix the issue.
Pros
nothing complicated
Cons
weird managers, lazy coworkers, terrible customer service
Building and maintaining maintenance departments
Maintenance Director (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 6, 2013
Oversee all aspects of the day to day maintenance of buildings and equipment plus personel
Pros
helping tenants
Cons
contractors