Mac Tools Employee Reviews

Great pay
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 19, 2015
Fun environment great associates. Great bosses. liked the whole experience. Pay was very good. Hard to get employed there. Over all good.
Pros
Pay
Not fun
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 11, 2015
Management doesn't care about you or your family. No direction from management, change thought every day. Pay is very low for what they have you do. You travel outside your area all the time to work other places and then get mad when your area is going down.
lot of work but vey fun..
Franchise business owner/ operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 19, 2015
Mechanic professional tools sales franchise. great business driving around shop to shop servicing customers. Building new client base daily and developing new promo's and events weekly, Inventory and back orders was a challenge as well as collections of unpaid balances. Tool truck break downs was the worst....
Pros
Meeting new people everyday and building great relationships
Cons
financing and tracking down people that have not paid..
Good class from many professional forecasting people
Student Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 13, 2015
Very good working place and high-level coworkers. Identification of industry trends for promotions management and sales forecasting
Analysis of the Mac Tools sales data and qualitative forecasting process to improve
Forecasting accuracy in order to decreasing inventory costs
Analysis of the Mac Tools promotions management process and information technology
Interesting and good learning experience
Credit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHAugust 14, 2014
Handle 50 plus calls a day regarding all aspects of Credit related issues. Process credit applications for regular customers. Process and underwrite applications for new Franchisee candidates. Utilize 5 different programs during course of business daily. Good manager and good core of co-workers. Team concept is strong and is utilized daily. Working with 3rd party lender is challenging. Being liason between 3rd party lender and Distributors is challenging as well. Talking with Distributors nationwide is very enjoyable. Have made some very good relationships and many of them ask for my assistance personally due to my strong follow up for them.
Pros
good team environment
Cons
commute is long
Fun and satisfying job to go to everyday
Account Coordinator/Customer Relation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHApril 9, 2014
First thing is I look at cases that have been assigned to me. I solve the issue with the cases at hand and close them. Log myself in for any incoming calls and help with all student tech orders that have been mailed or faxed in throughout the day.

I have learned how to work in a team environment and to value opinions and to be very open minded.

I get along very well with my co-workers and have little or no issues with them.

The hardest part of my job is to try and keep a level head with the fast pace workload that comes in through phone calls or student orders daily.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help our our customers that call in and seek out our help to continue their business with us.
Pros
great atmosphere and customers to work with.
Cons
short breaks and lunch
Productive work environment
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Philidelphia, PAMarch 30, 2014
Contacted distributors that were on hold status to find out why they were on product hold, by evaluating their business and come up with ways for them to increase their funds so it would not happen again. Management gave me the tools and taught me how and what to look for to accomplish my goals and theirs. Worked close with many individuals to increase their sales. The hardest part of my job was from being to excited about my job, I enjoyed every bit of it.
Pros
trips once a year
NO REAL BACK UP IN TOUGH SITUATION YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLDecember 11, 2013
TOO MANY HOURS AND NEVER WORKED SO HARD TO MAKE LITTLE TO NO MONEY, VACATIONS NON EXISTANT.
Pros
own boss
Cons
one person corp no freedom
60 hr work weeks
Authorized Mac Tools Distributor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WaSeptember 13, 2013
pure sales, and lots of bad Debit. Its a big personal risk adventure. Some have the knack for being the good guy with lots of business sense. Long hours are a must. Back orders are a constant problem. You are on your own. Don't expect any company support.
Pros
wheeling and dealing may be appealing
Cons
high risk customers
SCAM SCAM SCAM
sales (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 15, 2013
Mac tools is a SCAM Buy a truck buy the tools....Mac tools just made a load of cash and they dont care about you any more....Ask about your Limited customer base......Ask about whats the life of a dealer.....and why....dont fall for you fail......ask about research showing the tool dealer failing.....internet. Ask for profit lost statments from local dealers, mac will say we dont work with them. they will send you to another state to a million dollar dealer, one that deals only with large corp, call local dealers and get real story....Region managers are crooks they charge you for stuff you never get..Mac is the worst of all the tool dealerships spend a little more go snap on
Pros
they wine and dine you
Cons
forgret you when you buy your tools and truck
Be your own boss!!!
President/ Franchise Owner/ operator (Former Employee) –  Canadensis, PAJanuary 24, 2013
This will teach you so many things that you will not learn from a book, school or other jobs. Jump in with both feet.
Extremely fun job, provided unlimited income potential.
Owner/Sales (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 28, 2012
Route sales in the automotive repair industry. Was an independent tool distributor, which allowed me the freedom to maximize my sales potential.
Lots of fun to work for
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Westervill, OHJune 27, 2012
Very well run company with lots to offer, nice quality tools.
You are your own boss success or failure are determined only by you
Mac Tools Distributor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 7, 2012
Long days with little opportunity for a break. You are the boss. In fact you are everything no one can work for you. After 14 years I need to do something else
Pros
you determine your fate no office politics
Cons
hard work very hard to take a break
Great career if you don't have a life
Direct sales (Former Employee) –  Traverse City Cadillac territoryAugust 31, 2011
Excellent tools, great corporate support, very long hours to be successful. If you want a job you can "marry" and spend every waking moment in. Then Mac Tools is for you! Great support from management.
Pros
great tools
Cons
long long hours