Mac Tools Employee Reviews

mac tools
Owner And Distributor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2017
this is an franchise so this review is pointless i did not work for mac tools just sold the tools. the product was great. so the review has nothing to do with the mac tools company.
Very stressful but Rewarding
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COOctober 8, 2017
24/7 -- Always on Call
High Recruiting Pressures
Sales Goal Pressures
Dealing with Distributors and their Attitudes
Customer Pressures
Have to be Driven to Succeed
Pros
Control Own Time
Cons
24/7 Pressures
Management Will Make you HATE this job
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHOctober 3, 2017
Its a good job in its self, but the way the place is now run will make you het it there. The turn over is very high due to this fact. If you have any personal issues the whole company will know your business because the managers and supervisors gossip to the floor. There is extreme favoritism and a very strict attendance policy that effects the hard working people but the people with FMLA abuse.
Awful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHAugust 27, 2017
Many people were there as temporary employees who were rehired after enormous layoffs so that they could be doing the same job with no benefits. These people were constantly fearful of being fired again and desperate for money to keep their households running which is why they came back. Revolting atmosphere. A man worked there who commuted every week and not only openly cheated on his wife, but bragged about it and was in a higher position. Extremely unprofessional.

There were of course good people there too, but many kept to their established groups. Very difficult to create friendships and/or find mentors.
relaxing place to work.
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  georgetown, OhioAugust 27, 2017
A decent work place. Very relaxing along as you did your job. Supervisor was there to help when needed. Very clean work place. Treated people with respect.
Pros
free drinks on really hot days. family day at Kings Island. pig roast in summer.
Cons
none that I can think of.
Inverntory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 12, 2017
People are great to work with, but supervisors are not the easiest to work with. Lots of overtime but do have to work some holidays. Not really a team building company.
Solid company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHJanuary 24, 2017
Job security and interesting business. A lot of opportunity to do community service. There is not much room for advancement but they provide numerous classes to increase skill levels.
Pros
Free Lunches
Account Analyst
Special Markets Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHSeptember 6, 2016
Most communication via email
Good work life balance
Good Benefits
Unfair practices
40 hour work weeks
no weekends
poor salary
Self paced, self employment organization
Authorized Distributor (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 9, 2016
Days can be long, 12 to 14 hour days, but it's what you put in to it that determines what you get out of it. As a distributor your schedule and route always change, but the customers are what makes it enjoyable. I learn from my customers everyday which allows me to better provide the customer service they need.
Pros
relationships formed with the customers, my schedule
Cons
long hours, customers moving jobs leaving me to find them to ensure payments are made.
Mac Tools
Business owner (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMay 3, 2016
Mactools was very rewarding position.
I was challenged as a co-business owner
The hardest part of the job was collecting the money off the street,
but with effort and a positive attitude it all came together,
The most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling of owning your own business,
Average work day
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 13, 2016
You must be organized and prioritize your day in order to get things accomplished. Working 10 to 12 hours a day is not out of the ordinary to accomplish a task. When in management you must create a positive environment were everyone feels apart of the team. As a leader you must adapt your management style for different members of your team. Not everyone has the same skill set or desire to get things done. Trying to keep everyone happy is the hardest thing. If you can keep the majority positive and happy you are winning. When you go the extra mile fro a customer and they remember what you have done for them then the relationship is made stronger. Once a positive relationship is made good things begin to happen for everyone evolved.
Pros
Relationship
Cons
To many thing to get done in one day.
Customer Service Agent
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 22, 2015
Part of Stanley Black and Decker, so relatively secure

Good work/life balance

Good Environment to Work In/Coworkers are pleasent

Slow to Change and Repetitive Tasks

Management has very loose plans and is slow to adapt or make needed changes

Advancement can be tedious and slow
Great pay
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 19, 2015
Fun environment great associates. Great bosses. liked the whole experience. Pay was very good. Hard to get employed there. Over all good.
Pros
Pay
Not fun
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 11, 2015
Management doesn't care about you or your family. No direction from management, change thought every day. Pay is very low for what they have you do. You travel outside your area all the time to work other places and then get mad when your area is going down.
lot of work but vey fun..
Franchise business owner/ operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 19, 2015
Mechanic professional tools sales franchise. great business driving around shop to shop servicing customers. Building new client base daily and developing new promo's and events weekly, Inventory and back orders was a challenge as well as collections of unpaid balances. Tool truck break downs was the worst....
Pros
Meeting new people everyday and building great relationships
Cons
financing and tracking down people that have not paid..
Good class from many professional forecasting people
Student Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 13, 2015
Very good working place and high-level coworkers. Identification of industry trends for promotions management and sales forecasting
Analysis of the Mac Tools sales data and qualitative forecasting process to improve
Forecasting accuracy in order to decreasing inventory costs
Analysis of the Mac Tools promotions management process and information technology
Interesting and good learning experience
Credit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHAugust 14, 2014
Handle 50 plus calls a day regarding all aspects of Credit related issues. Process credit applications for regular customers. Process and underwrite applications for new Franchisee candidates. Utilize 5 different programs during course of business daily. Good manager and good core of co-workers. Team concept is strong and is utilized daily. Working with 3rd party lender is challenging. Being liason between 3rd party lender and Distributors is challenging as well. Talking with Distributors nationwide is very enjoyable. Have made some very good relationships and many of them ask for my assistance personally due to my strong follow up for them.
Pros
Good team environment
Cons
Commute is long
Fun and satisfying job to go to everyday
Account Coordinator/Customer Relation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHApril 9, 2014
First thing is I look at cases that have been assigned to me. I solve the issue with the cases at hand and close them. Log myself in for any incoming calls and help with all student tech orders that have been mailed or faxed in throughout the day.

I have learned how to work in a team environment and to value opinions and to be very open minded.

I get along very well with my co-workers and have little or no issues with them.

The hardest part of my job is to try and keep a level head with the fast pace workload that comes in through phone calls or student orders daily.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help our our customers that call in and seek out our help to continue their business with us.
Pros
Great atmosphere and customers to work with.
Cons
Short breaks and lunch
Productive work environment
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Philidelphia, PAMarch 30, 2014
Contacted distributors that were on hold status to find out why they were on product hold, by evaluating their business and come up with ways for them to increase their funds so it would not happen again. Management gave me the tools and taught me how and what to look for to accomplish my goals and theirs. Worked close with many individuals to increase their sales. The hardest part of my job was from being to excited about my job, I enjoyed every bit of it.
Pros
Trips once a year
No real back up in tough situation you are on your own
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLDecember 11, 2013
Too many hours and never worked so hard to make little to no money, vacations non existant.
Pros
Own boss
Cons
One person corp no freedom