MAC Trailer

MAC Trailer Employee Reviews

Good but difficult
Mounter (Current Employee), Salem, OHFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: no pros
Cons: said above, short breaks
A typical day at work usually goes well. Busy with usually alot of work needing done. Ive learned how to better understand and fix things when something is wrong. The proper steps and procedue to installing parts on the trailer. Ive also learned I like working long hours. My only complaint is the management and the point system is terrible. That would be the hardest part of the job, dealing with these cause there is absolutly no options. its their way or no way. They dont seem to care at all whats going on in your personal life, all they care about is making you work. And the point system is very bad. If you go to a doctor, have an injury or have important things that need to be done they will point you no matter what even if you have things like a doctors slip. The most enjoyable part is you meet some many different people and alot of them I can say I view as friends.
Fast pace workplace
CNC Machinist and General laborer (Former Employee), Alliance,OHFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: 40 hrs a week or more, 30 min. lunch breaks
Cons: lack of communication and organization
I generally learned a lot about running a plasma burntable. The job was very fast paced and required alot of walking and lifting a variation of light and heavy objects. Everyday the boss would be watching u so there was little room for error. With that being said i am very disciplined with staying focused on the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the machine cut out anything that was programmed with precision and knowing that u helped make that product.
No family time and messed up fabricators
welder (Former Employee), alliance, ohioNovember 4, 2014
fab can never get your parts right or on time and you get in trouble for it. Also the engineers messed up more blueprints then they had right which you also get in trouble for.
welder
Production Welder (Former Employee), ohioOctober 13, 2014
weld assem. use hand and power tools tape mesa. mount parts on trailer
Typical production job.
Welder / fabricator (Former Employee), Alliance OHMay 14, 2014
Pros: great co workers, decent management, a steady income
Cons: low to average pay, short breaks, sweat shop type atmosphere
MAC trailer was my first job right out of welding school. Now.i graduated in 2001. I worked there from 01 to 04. It was definitely a learning experience. It was moderately fast paced. The lunch break was to the minute. I welded on both steel and aluminum while i was there. The vast majority was aluminum though. I worked on the walking floor line and the frame line while i was there. The guys i worked with were fantastic. We all got along and joked around. Management was actually halfway decent. My only complaints was the sweat shop type atmosphere and the pay. First you had to work pretty much nonstop to accomplish your daily tasks. If you went to the bathroom and took to long, the boss would be in there yelling for you. Now, there is a difference between someone dodging their work, and someone sitting on the pot doing their business. So in that regard, it was frustrating. The pay wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either. Im not sure what the pay is like now, its been a few years now. I was making $11.60 an hour when i left. Now for a kid right out of welding school, i thought it was great. I look back now and realize that wasn't good money at all, not for how hard you worked to get it. I ended up getting into a steel mill and went through a Millwright apprenticeship, and the rest is history. So in closing, if you are in need of a job and your not afraid of work, MAC will do. However i wouldn't consider it a retirement job. It's a good stepping stone for a kid right out of welding school. It will show you what production work is all about, and make you appreciate that good job when you get it.
Pays the bills
Welder (Current Employee), Alliance OHFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: short lunch, poor morale in workplace
Very little chance to move up within the company. Long hours. 50 hour works
Tac up of dump trailer frames (aluminum & steel)
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee), Alliance, OHJanuary 28, 2014
Learned how to build trailer frames. Worked with both steel and aluminum. Good place to work.
ok place
installer/fabricator (Former Employee), Salem, OHJanuary 7, 2014
can be a fast paced environment at times also long hours but he people are great to work with
Day at Mac Trailer
Aluminum Welder (Former Employee), Alliance, OhMay 1, 2013
Pros: excellent work schedule
Cons: short lunch break
First off; Once clocked in ,need to make sure to have on ppe. Standard ppe is safety glasses, ear plugs, steel toe boots, work gloves, and grinding shield if needed for a certain task. I start off by turning on welding gas and welders in my work area. There is a group of individuals that build a floor ,then the floor gets sent to me. Now i recieve the floor and weld one bead going from front of trailer to rear. That goes for both sides. Trailer lengths range from 24' to 53', I install walls, bulkheads, rear pockets,and bisect trailers. At Mac trailer was somewhat of poor management. I have worked with several supervisors and i can honestly say half of them are knowledgeable and the rest are not. . There was some occasions that other employees would discriminate against my race. Now on my part that wouldnt stop me from doing my tasks. Hardest part of the job was that, management wouldnt consider my ideas on making a certain job easier for my self and other employees. Let me explain what I mean; My self or other employees had some ideas that would help get the job done easier and that would be more time effecient, therfore that would increase more production. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I enjoy building these product. Fabricating and building is what I do best.
very good place
forklift operator (Former Employee), Alliance, OHNovember 19, 2012
Pros: always busy, great people, good pay
Cons: needed better forklifts
i liked the work there it was steady and kept me busy the people were nice and the management were on top of things and the pay was good

MAC Trailer Salaries