Mac Employee Reviews in United States

Promoted Through The Ranks, Great Team Environment.
Consultative Account Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  North East New York CityJuly 12, 2016
I have had experience in new business development, negotiations, proposals and contract preparation. I possess sound knowledge of and experience in the sales of tangible and intangible products. I can provide the impetus to enhance the revenue stream and profit margins through staff development, product diversification, quality services, customer satisfaction, and cost control. I easily build client relationships, which lead to repeat business and client referrals. Developing a practice partner mentality with clients by analyzing business needs, discussing benefits and features of equipment and technology solutions, coordinating product demonstrations, explaining return on investment and tax advantages, and discussing emerging trends in the specific industry.
Pros
Client Contracts are ever changing and are diversified.
Great Uplifting Environment
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 15, 2016
I was a member before I became an Instructor here. I had always done my exercise at home with DVDs and had no desire to exercise outside of the home. My friend told my I should try The Mac. I did, and to my surprise, I loved it! It wasn't anything like I remembered the gyms being like in the 90's. It was a warm and friendly atmosphere with friendly people to greet you as well as teaching the fitness classes.
This place inspired me to want to actually be on the other side and teach the exercise classes. So I did!
The participants and instructors are genuine and friendly. The facility is clean and well-maintained.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you helped someone get 45 minutes of exercise for the day. They always seem thankful no matter how difficult or easy the class may have been for them.
The Mac is a wonderful place to work at!
Pros
Small, clean and friendly
Cons
Small, so not a lot of opportunity for permanent employment
Being self-employed is very time consuming. no "real" days off.
Owner/Operator/President (Current Employee) –  Hobbs, NMFebruary 3, 2016
A typical day at MAC Services begins with finding available loads closest and most profitable to you. Then you must negotiate price for the haul. If agreed upon, then you must go to pick-up location. Verify the load to be picked-up, make sure you are within D.O.T. regulations. Haul to destination in a safe and timely manner. This is a never ending cycle. I learn about different professions, different equipment, new places etc. The management side of MAC Services is my weekend job. Billing invoices, new carrier packets, filing, etc. I am the only member of MAC Services at this point in time. so, my "co-workers" are the people I meet at pick-up and delivery locations. The hardest part of this job is being on the road away from my family. That and you can never be "sure" of your next job. The most enjoyable aspect to this job is that you "are" out on your own. Meeting new people, seeing new places etc. So, you see the hardest and the most enjoyable is a double edge sword.
Pros
Self-employed
Cons
Time away from family
Competitive and fun work place
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  cape coral FSeptember 1, 2015
This job has been an experience of a lifetime for me. I've grown to the level of veterans in my first month there as well as the following months. a typical day at work deals with making outbound calls to get them to call in and taking inbound calls to close deals. the hardest part of the job is convincing people to call in to resolve their debt. the most enjoyable part is the challenging of being able to close deals.
wonderful and creative place
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 22, 2015
Great experience. Creative and professional environment. A great learning experience with lots of opportunity to learn and collaborate with many teams.
Pros
great people
Very Rewarding
Volunteer Services (Current Employee) –  Ferndale, MIAugust 10, 2015
MAC provides vital services to an often time underserved, and marginalize community. They are very supportive to their volunteers, and always try to accommodate the needs of the volunteer staff.
Pros
Very supportive
Cons
N/A
productive learning environment
Make-up artist (Former Employee) –  garden city, NYJuly 1, 2015
show and teach clients
recommend products that is suitable to clients
co workers are like family hate them but love them
the most enjoyable part is discovering new tips & tricks
Pros
education
Mac, LLC was a good experience
Temporary Laborer (Former Employee) –  MSMay 18, 2015
As a temporary laborer I had very flexible hours as long as I met about 30 hours a week and made sure to keep my supervisor informed of when I was not going to work. A typical day would usually begin at 8:00 in the morning and end at about 5:00 in the afternoon. My co-workers were extremely friendly and easy to work with which created a very good work environment. As I worked at MAC, LLC, I learned a lot about the manufacturing process of plastic ammunition and how to actually partake in the process. The hardest part of the job was making sure to be able to handle the long repetitive tasks, such as demilitarizing old ammunition, without losing focus as a reckless mistake could cause problems. The parts of the job that I enjoyed the most were usually when I had to learn a new task, like how to use a certain manufacturing machine, or test firing rounds of ammunition in order to record performance data in the firing range. Overall, it was an experience I am glad to have had and am very thankful to the company and my past co-workers.
Work from home, great salary, team players
Executive Recruiter / Client Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2014
I have enjoyed my time with MAC, Inc. and have learned so much from my boss and colleagues. I have built successful relationships with outside Oil and Gas clients such as SPX Flow Technology, Cameron, FMC, & Enerflex. Unfortunately it's time I find a position with a company that offers benefits and 401K.
Pros
great team, sophisticated data base, great hours
Cons
no benefits/401
Family Business
Director of Sales & Operations (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 18, 2014
MAC Services is a family-owned and operated commercial cleaning franchise. A typical day consist of cleaning daily accounts, performing estimates/bids, seeking potential clients, providing customer services, and handling all escallations.
Pros
nonconventional work setting with a variety in day.
Cons
working with family and instability with this type of customers.
most employees are nice
Operator (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OHFebruary 24, 2014
a typical day at work is really easy. Working here I learned how important it is to plug a wire or to phone jack a cable correctly. Management at this place is not very loyal to their good workers from what I can see. Most of my co-workers and I get along. The most enjoyable part of my job is the fact that I can listen to music as I work.
Pros
i mostly get along with everyone
Cons
they dont give raises
Creativity at Its Best
Retail Manger (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 28, 2014
A typical day at MAC is fast paced and full of excitement. Relationship building and creating a sense of loyalty between artists and customers is what speaks volume to me here at MAC.
Pros
gratis and makeup
Cons
work life balance
Fun and exciting place to work
ARTIST/ THEME COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2013
MAC Cosmetics is the perfect place for a skilled Artist to grow and develop. It allows artistic freedom while creating something beautiful for each client you meet.
Pros
artistic development, instant industry recognition
Cons
few hours for new artist
Fun, Artistic, Fast-Paced
Certified Mac Artist (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 6, 2014
Its a fast-paced,fun and artistic place to work. I wish there was more room to grow within the company.
Pros
employee discount, travel
Cons
full time positions are rare, overtime not available
Very simple job great for a college student
Informal Campus Recreation Building Staff (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 5, 2012
typical day at work included: cleaning the weight room, folding towels, and setting up events.
Pros
flexible scheduleand flex hours
Cons
pay rate
Productive, fun, Diverse
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAMay 20, 2013
Mac was very rewarding I never had a dull moment on the job. A typical day was paper work and assisting clients with their needs. It was a great company.
Pros
pay
Cons
nothing
Productive and company took care of employees
Operator/Assembler/Engineer/Temp (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHMay 21, 2012
Monday through Friday 7am to 3:30 pm, and I built circuit boards and did through hole and surface mount soldering
Productive work place
Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PASeptember 27, 2013
Great Company to work for! I loved working at MAC the hours had where not convient for my life at the time but diffenatly great company to work for.
A productive, fast paste working environment with great team workers.
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2014
A productive, fast paste working environment with great team workers.
A great company to learn and grow with.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 6, 2012
A great company to learn and grow with. Excellent training program, for future endeavors.