MacLellan Integrated Services provides critical process cleaning, maintenance and support services to the automotive manufacturing industry nationwide.
The Group Leader is the first-line supervisory position in our organization. This role leads a critical process cleaning crew in an automotive manufacturing plant operating continuous shifts. This critical position is the backbone of our organization. How effectively Group Leaders manage and develop their teams, and interact with the customer, ultimately determines the success of the site contract.
The Group Leader is exposed to management of people, process, and product at the most fundamental levels, and learns first hand how to manage in a fast paced, JIT, safety focused environment. This is an excellent starting point to gain valuable knowledge in a fast paced OEM automotive environment and learn how the organization works. This role is the training ground for future leaders and those that excel here are quickly noticed. This role is the gateway to other management opportunities and future managers for the site, region, and company as a whole are selected and groomed here.
Reporting to the Contract Manager for the site, the Group Leader is responsible for directing the activities of their shift, which could include 1 to 4 direct report Team Leaders and 15-20 Team Members. The Group Leader is responsible for auditing work processes and ensuring the safety, quality, and timely completion of all activities of their teams, while guiding, developing and mentoring Team Leaders in the continuous improvement of their job performance and skill sets for eventual promotion. The Group Leader leads by example to create a culture with safety as the top priority, and continuous improvement through the disciplined application of TPS/Kaizen style tools.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage safety, delivery, quality, and cost for assigned shift/group.
- Monitor key metrics to evaluate the daily, weekly, and monthly performance of these areas.
- Lead by example to build a high performance work team, with a focus on grooming and training the Team Leaders on their shift.
- Implement process improvements based on feedback from customer interaction.
- Collaborate with and mentor Team Leaders in process improvement through disciplined application of PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle) and Continuous Improvement principles and tools.
- Lead, inspire and guide team members to perform duties in a safe, cooperative & team oriented environment.
- Hold team members accountable for established performance expectations.
- Maintain consistent high quality standards at all points of service.
- Provide Contract Manager with regular updates on project status and client meeting results.
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ANY SHIFT AND MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE
- At least 2 years of related experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment with emphasis on high volume, mixed process manufacturing, with at least 1 year of supervisory responsibility.
- Must have experience with and demonstrated knowledge of kaizen/continuous improvement processes and principles.
- Engineering, production or quality control background, or experience with DuPont safety systems are all desirable plusses, but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of directly related supervisory experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment and:
- 2 year technical degree from a certified trade school or technical college in an industrial field or an accredited maintenance apprenticeship program.
- Continuing education in a relevant technical discipline.
- Must demonstrate exceptional communications skills and the ability to present to customers, team members, and managers.
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with peers, management, subordinates and team members to positively impact performance.
- Must be driven by a strong customer focus with the ability to drive process improvement and encourage excellence.
- Must be computer literate and demonstrate strong proficiency using MS Office.
BEST PEOPLE, BEST SYSTEMS, BEST RESULTS
We bring people together who share our values and help them discover and achieve their potential. We are disciplined in the development and use of innovative systems and practices. We are a driving component in our business partners’ competitive advantage.
Our way of doing business has earned us a reputation for excellence, and we work to deliver exceptional value.
This position is a stepping stone to higher levels of management and a training ground for the right candidate in the exciting, fast paced world of OEM automotive manufacturing. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, this is a challenging and rewarding career opportunity that will further your experience and career growth.
We strive to be the employer of choice in our space. By offering employees the best possible value proposition, we ensure we have the best talent available supporting our customers.
Our benefits include:
- Base Salary
- Management Bonus Program based on company profitability and other performance factors.
- Paid Holidays / Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, coverage begins the first day of employment.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Program
- Retirement Plan/401(k) Program
- Life Insurance
- Salary Continuation Program & Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Education Reimbursement