Macalester College

Macalester College Employer Reviews

Great community!
Career Advisor (Former Employee), St. PaulDecember 14, 2012
The Mac Community is most liberal and energetic place that I have ever been. Very supportive and extreme multicultural. No matter who you are, what you like, you are able to find your niche here.
Macalester College Review
Academic Computing Consultant (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MinnesotaNovember 2, 2012
Pros: supportive management, great benefits, laptop provided for work from home, cell phone
My primary objective was to create a help desk for faculty, staff and students that did not exist before I was hired…slowly but surely over time, because funding was necessary.

I made a proposal outlining the cost of a server and help desk specific software, employee costs and requirements. Employees and I logged problems and solutions creating a very – more... useful database.

I also created a budget to add two student labs and upgrade three existing labs. I selected the systems; created the system images for both PC-compatible and Macintosh systems; installed the switch; ran the Cat. cables; ensured adequate power, even selected the furniture. Everything was up and running in nine months.

I managed and grew the help desk and support mechanisms for four years at Macalester College, – less