Macalester College

Macalester College Employee Reviews

great place to be
Programming Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 30, 2015
love everyone in the department. they care about you and your development both professionally and personally. Again, really great people.
excellent place of employment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 22, 2015
Pros: healthy environment, great co-workers and management/supervisors
Cons: temporary assignment
Macalester College is a healthy welcoming environment. My hours were flexible and the management allowed me the flexibility to perform my job without micro-managing. My co-workers were all friendly and mature. A typical day was to go in to the office and work on the project I was hired to do. I learned new software with ease and there wasn't anything difficult. The hardest part of the job was knowing it was a temporary assignment and that I'd have to leave when my project was completed.
Macalester College
Student (Former Employee), N/AApril 5, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Biology major
Community and Global Health concentrator

-Developed leadership skills
-Provided opportunities to organize events
-Developed team-building/working skills
-Provided opportunities to work with youth
-Provided opportunities to study abroad
Great community!
Career Advisor (Former Employee), St. PaulDecember 14, 2012
The Mac Community is most liberal and energetic place that I have ever been. Very supportive and extreme multicultural. No matter who you are, what you like, you are able to find your niche here.
Macalester College Review
Academic Computing Consultant (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MinnesotaNovember 2, 2012
Pros: supportive management, great benefits, laptop provided for work from home, cell phone
My primary objective was to create a help desk for faculty, staff and students that did not exist before I was hired…slowly but surely over time, because funding was necessary.

I made a proposal outlining the cost of a server and help desk specific software, employee costs and requirements. Employees and I logged problems and solutions creating a very useful database.

I also created a budget to add two student labs and upgrade three existing labs. I selected the systems; created the system images for both PC-compatible and Macintosh systems; installed the switch; ran the Cat. cables; ensured adequate power, even selected the furniture. Everything was up and running in nine months.

I managed and grew the help desk and support mechanisms for four years at Macalester College,