MacAulay-Brown, Inc. Employee Reviews

It's a job
Sr. Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VASeptember 15, 2017
Contractors are disposable. You can easily be replaced. Do as you are told. Do not complain. You have NO rights. Customer is always right. If promises were made - ignore them,
Work at a government location
Government Contractor (Current Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LAAugust 1, 2017
The culture of the organization cannot be reasonably assessed as I worked at a government location. However, the location that I worked was generally pleasant.
Pros
Mon through Friday
Cons
No windows and temperature often fluctuated because of faulty equipment.
OK company to work for
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAJuly 20, 2017
I was treated well until after the company lost the contract then I was ignored and they didn't even try to help me find another job with-in the company.
Pros
Never micromanaged
Cons
Treated like a number not a person
excellent learning environment
Senior Logistician (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJuly 19, 2017
Overall gain knowledge of the U.S. Army fielding needs and requirements. Host of knowledge of the communication systems.

great opportunity to work with subcontractors.
okay
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJuly 17, 2017
place was okay just was there to get the job done and that was it. the employees were okay for the most part... we all had days where we were up and down
Great company to be a part of
Integrated Communications Support (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 10, 2017
Well managed, making available opportunities to develop personally & professionally.

Very friendly and helpful company staff.

Company ensures it's employees are well informed, protected in area of standards and ethics.
Great company
Mechanic 1 / Welder (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 5, 2017
Working for them was great. They took care of their people and were quick to repond to questions. First company to ever give us money for a great cristmas party
Pros
Outstanding Company
loved the company
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 17, 2017
I enjoyed working at MACB. Great company and great group of people. Defense Contracting A/R very fast paced but very rewarding. I wish I still worked there.
Pros
Great Group of People.
Cons
MacB is a great company to work for!
Senior Behavioral Scientist- Clinical Psychologist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 3, 2017
MacB is a military contractor that takes care of its workers. They pay for your expertise and work with both the military and the employee to get the best productivity. The management always looks out for opportunities for the employees to better their positions.
Pros
Good pay-good local management
Cons
Increased paid leave based on performance is needed
Great Company
Logistics Expeditionary Engineering Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tyndall AFB, FLApril 28, 2017
Great place to work, company is very people oriented. The hours are flexible and the management I work with are wonderful people. The location is awesome and the after work living is great with a lot to do including the fishing
Review
All Source Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Navarre, FLApril 25, 2017
Typical day is a 12.5 hour work day in a high paced environment. Management is excellent.
Hardest part of the job is the work schedule.
Most enjoyable part of this job is the mission.
Competitive and Fair Working Environment
AIRCRAFT SHEET METAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Dover AFB, DEApril 18, 2017
Once we go in, we are given work assignments on a daily basis. We have a quick morning briefing, including details of projects to be completed from prior shifts. We gather our supplies and begin work. Each project was primarily self-explanatory and management would inform of any updates or changes that arise. Everyone was equal in work and participation. The only hard part of the job was being laid off due to contract termination. There was no one portion of the job that was more or less enjoyable than any others, I loved it all.
Great place to work!
Task Order Lead (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAApril 10, 2017
Enjoyed my time at MacB great leadership and will everything they can to make sure you are successful and advance. Would go back to work for MacB at a drop of a hat.
Pros
Great Leadership
Cons
Contract work
Placeholder
Geospatial Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FLApril 3, 2017
MacAulay-Brown is not an inherently good, or bad employer. There are many opportunities within the ranks of MacAulay-Brown themselves but, some of their contracts allow for very little compensation adjustment.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Well below median salary--healtcare costs are very, very high.
Low moral and bad management
FSG Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAMarch 23, 2017
MacB human resources and admin part of the company is great.Benifits are decent . The location at Fort Gordon is a mess. Moral is low, managers like to run their mouth, Management is poor overall. Horrible communication and the people in management positions for certain missions are unqualified and a joke. MacB needs to reevaluate who they have in charge down there. Would recommend to work for MacB just not at Fort Gordon.
Pros
Decent healthcare and timeoff, great HR
Cons
Horrible management
it was great place to work,and learn new things
Sr. Tech / Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJanuary 12, 2017
it was great place to work and learn new things to work on,i liked the management and the way thy disseminated work. i realy liked being able to help the military complete there task at hand.
Horrible company
Heavy Mobile Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ft. Drum, NYJanuary 9, 2017
this company took benefits away when they replaced Kay & Associates, after they said they weren't going to do that. No personal interaction with employees.
Caring company culture
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wright-Patterson AFB, OHDecember 27, 2016
Management took personal interest in my development and success. Would recommend this company to anyone looking for a long-term career.
IAMD Air Force
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCDecember 22, 2016
- Learning Air Force / Army
- Learning the Ground Side
- Ballistic Missile Defense
- foreign nation officers
- supporting the new job position by giving my expertise in the BMD/Ageis knowledge
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
converting over to Air Force
Military Contractor
Mechanic/Inspector (Current Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJune 29, 2016
A typical work day consists of motor vehicle inspections and mechanical duties, quality control inspections on military vehicles of all models to department of Army standards.
Pros
Working with the Military
Cons
Contract ended

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MacAulay-Brown, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2