MacDonald's

MacDonald's Employer Reviews

good place to start out
crew worker (Current Employee), Rossford, OHOctober 13, 2014
Pros: fexable scheduling, free meal
Cons: short break
a typical day at Rossford McDonalds starts with the openers. They are responsible for getting the store stocked with the proper supplies needed for our breakfast hours. Throughout the day we continuously are making runs to the either the stock-room or the cooler/freezer to grab whatever has run out. this happens the most during out 'change over', which – more... is the time we start making lunch products. Managers oversee this short time period. Some of the managers are a little difficult to along with more than others, but they all are a lot of fun to work with, as are the co-workers. The relationships you make working at Rossford McDonalds are what make it enjoyable. You form new friendships that help get you through the hardest parts of the job. The most difficult part of the job is dealing with most customers. It sounds bad but only a handful of customers make this job more difficult than it would need to be. Another difficult part of this job would be keeping up during a rush hour. If you find yourself on grill during a rush hour its more difficult to keep the cabinet filled with food. – less
Stable Company
Shift Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 9, 2014
If you're looking for something stable this is it, overall big company and plenty of opportunities to move up.
Typical first job
Crew Member (Former Employee), Raynham, MAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: fast food industry, irritable customers
This was my first ever job and I didn't work here long. I learned my first job skills here, including how to use a Point of Service machine, customer service, the fast pace of the fast food industry, and how to cook and prepare most of the food. I typically worked the overnight shift so a typical "day" at work started with me getting there at 10 pm – more... and doing whatever job was needed when I got there. Then at midnight, we would close the lobby area and only the drive thru would be open. I would either be taking orders and doing money transactions for the drive thru, or putting the food in bags and delivering it to the customers at the end of the drive thru. I also learned how to make the food eventually and sometimes had to do that. When we transitioned from dinner to breakfast, I would often be the one who washed all the dishes in the dish pit. All of my managers were good people and decent managers and my co-workers and I got along pretty well most of the time. The hardest part of this job was probably just learning new things, although I got the hang of it after a while. The most enjoyable part was definitely being on the overnight shift, as we could be less conscious of what we did and said as long as there were no customers in the drive thru. – less
Here is something to read
Crew Member (Former Employee), Wenatchee, WAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: the pay raises. and working with good_ people...
an normal work day at McDonald's was either getting the to an 300.00 dollar hour. I also learned about team work as well , the management, was one the best. My co-workers where an team .

I think it was after an a very part was to keep on going. The enjoyable

part was wgen an a customer said something good.
fun work place
Customer Service (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 8, 2014
my first job co worker are great,enjoyable i learn to deal with people
Enjoyable and busy
Cashier (Former Employee), Louisburg, NCJune 6, 2014
Pros: doing something that i enjoyed
Cons: short hours
Smiling as I greeted customers, served customer, made change, and cleaned. Customers are always right. Good. Very easy to work with. There was no hard part. the most enjoyable was the relationship with co- worker.
Great Place to Start Working
Cashier (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 4, 2014
Pros: half price on food.
Cons: crazy schedule
It's a great place to work very friendly, great costumers but the work schedule was a little crazy.
Mcdoanlds
Cashier (Former Employee), West Columbia, SCApril 1, 2014
Pros: great work envoriment
Cons: short breaks
McDonald's was my very first job. I've learned to work at a very fast timely order. My co-workers were really helpfully showing me how to get better at my job. the hardest part about my job would have been the drive thur
just need better guidence
Crew Member (Former Employee), Chico, CAMarch 7, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
i loved my job but it really need some structure that it did not have
Very productive and fun working environment
Crew member (Former Employee), West Des Moines IADecember 12, 2013
Working at McDonald's was a great way to help customers, especially when the young kids come in and they cant figure out what they want to eat. I usually help them by providing all the choices we have on the menu.
very fast paced need to have alot of patience
Cashier (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 10, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no benfits
nice place to work , customers can be a little frustrating but nothing serious. you learn quickly and can move up IF YOU WANT TO
busy
Crew Member (Former Employee), Thomaston, GANovember 7, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: co workers we rude
it was a very fast pace job and we always stayed busy and that's what I like cause the day goes by a lot faster!
too much Drama
Cashier (Current Employee), Chicago ILNovember 6, 2013
unorganized, no team work, break was short or no break at all.
Boring.
Graveyard Cook (Former Employee), Stateline, CANovember 1, 2013
Get your work done and get out. It was not a fun environment to be in.
good or bad days this is a good steady paycheck
crew (Former Employee), 3101 Albert PikeOctober 17, 2013
Pros: discount on lunch
Cons: hot environment
keep on task stay busy and build customer relationships. co workers that need help, help them, so they do the same for you.
It was a fine place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Lawrenceburg, TNOctober 16, 2013
I was scheduled to work every Saturday. I run the cash register, politely served customers, made food, and cleaned the dinning area. I enjoyed talking with customers.
Productive And Fun
Crew (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: not enough salary
A Typical Day At Work At McDonalds Would Be Busy And Also Fun.
I Learned At McDonalds To Treat People Nicely And With Respect.
My Co-Workers Were Helpful And Funny.
The Hardest Part Of The Job Was When I Had To Take Orders On Drive Through,Pack The Orders, Take The Money And Hand Them Their Food Order All By Myself.
The Most Enjoyable Part Of The Job, – more... Besides The Food It Was Making New Friends And Learning Something New. – less
horrible
cashier (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJuly 2, 2013
I hated it from first to last day it was my 1st job the co workers & mangers were awful didn't get any help got cursed
poor
Line Cook (Former Employee), Hannibal, MOJune 16, 2013
Cons: short breaks
•Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
•Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
•Cook and package batches of food, such as hamburgers, which are prepared to order or kept warm until sold.
•Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles.
•Read food order slips or receive – more... verbal instructions as to food required by patron, and prepare and cook food according to instructions.
•Clean, stock, and restock workstations and display cases.
•Cook the exact number of items ordered by each customer, working on several different orders simultaneously. – less
build resume job