Macfadden

Macfadden Employee Reviews

Been there 7 years, love it
Geographic Information Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 2, 2015
Pros: salary, interesting work, good benefits
Cons: takes a while to find new people
I've been with Macfadden for nearly 7 years and have enjoyed it. They have a good relationship with the client and handle most of the admin and HR stuff so I can focus on doing my job with the client. I've been able to do some really interesting work. Corporate HQ is working to better integrate the various teams and contracts they have, to help support them all, which is a good thing -- at first when I started it felt a bit disconnected. The HR and recruiting folks have really improved a lot too. The only other amusing complaint is that at first people think I work at McFadden's, the bar.
Great company to work for
Financial Analyst III (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VADecember 23, 2014
Pros: company parties, depending on the contract bonuses for good work.
Cons: life of a contractor, not knowing if your contract would be renewed
Let's face it, it's contracting so what your daily work is like, depends on the company Macfadden has the contract with. However, Macfadden has very good benefits. Co-Workers were really good.

Even though the corporate office was in another state, all the people I had to deal with were very responsive and did all they could to help out. Once the contract was over and I moved on, I still received excellent response to questions on how to transfer benefits, what benefits could be extended (Medical-COBRA), and treatment was superior.

Would definitely go back to work for them if a new contract was granted.
Very quiet office, nice people
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDAugust 6, 2013
I was not giving much to do as in work, but Macfadden was overall a great company. Seasonal party's, free lunches, well planned and very organized.
Production Manager (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDDecember 31, 2012
Macfadden was a strong, well structured environment. Management was always fair, co-workers were friendly and when there was a good strong contract award, the company always gave great acknowlegments to the contract and it's staff.