Mack Trucks Employee Reviews

production
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Macungie, PASeptember 14, 2016
there's room for growth and a lot of overtime is offered, my co-workers are awesome great working place theres always someone willing to help you if you get behind
Pros
cheap health care
Cons
lay-offs
Premier Company to work for
Customer Adaptation Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Macungie, PAJune 12, 2016
I have thoroughly enjoyed working for Mack for the last 18 years. I learned quite a bit in regards to Customer Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement requirements, building a world class heavy truck.
goods and bads
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 24, 2016
Laid off after a year good place to work good benefits are a plus, long term future not so good, layoffs are because of sales on trucks, I miss the job I had, I was starting to get real good at it.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
weekend work
Workers are passionate about their job
Finance Intern (Current Employee) –  Macungie, PAApril 2, 2016
I had an internship in the finance department at Mack Trucks. They certainly needed more people in the department to make work easier but it was very good experience.
Productive and fun place to work at.
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Macungie, PAMarch 21, 2016
I enjoy working on trucks, Mack Trucks was a great fit for myself. Looking to explore new areas of the Industrial field, as well as gain knowledge in other fields.
fast paced environment
Quality auditor (Former Employee) –  Macungie, PAFebruary 3, 2016
Everyday was an opportunity to learn something new, helpful co-workers. Never a boring day, either working by yourself or alongside others. I was introduce to things i never worked with before and learned more than i could imagine.
fun job, just lacked job security
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Macungie, PADecember 1, 2015
enjoyed working with my hands
everyone was nice and pleasant to work with.
was a fast paced environment but was easy to get into the flow of everything
worked with tools and various equipment while maintaining quality control
Easy going place to work at.
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Macungie, PANovember 19, 2015
I like working at Mack Trucks.
The enviroment is industrial.
Doing the same thing over and over can get boring.
The pay is very good for what you do their.
Management is pretty good.
Excellent job
Traffic and Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Radford, VANovember 2, 2015
Volvo/Mack Trucks was a dream job that any would be lucky to have. Despite office politics playing a heavy role in the day to day life there it is a place I would gladly return to.
Pros
Co-workers, Personal fullfillment.
Cons
Office Politics
Material Supervisor/Advisor- Receiving Department (Current Employee) –  Macungie, PAJuly 22, 2015
24 hour operation, great upper management, continuous improvements within the facility, new CEO, opportunity for growth.
Excellent benefits
Manger- Production/ manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Macungie, PAApril 29, 2015
A good place to work with great benefits and decent pay, but room for advancement is based on nepotism. Those who care about their jobs and do their jobs seem to be placed in a corner while those who pencil whip their jobs are favored.
Pros
Lots of vacation time
Cons
No room for professional advancement
Moving in right direction
Lean Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Macungie, PAFebruary 18, 2015
Good company. Local tradition. Plant is improving facility to make more efficient. Still needs more improvement. Great people who love Mack trucks.
great place to work
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Macungie, PAJune 1, 2014
At Mack I worked 3-11. I worked as a production tech on the H-line. I did alignment on every truck that came off the line. I learned a lot of things about the trucks. I also learned how to be en sync with my co workers because for every job you had a time limit to get your part of the job done. Everyone had to work efficiently and quickly as the truck moved down the line on the dolly. I liked all of my co workers in my area. Management treated us well. The hardest part about the job was if someone got behind on their job it could delay you getting started on your job. The best part about the job was learning so much about the trucks and learning how to fix things on them.
Pros
good pay
Cons
sometimes the union was more hurtful then helpful
Love it!
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 13, 2014
Its always great to walk into an office where everyone is hard at work but still take the time to communicate and laugh with one another. People at Mack work hard and they work together. The atmosphere is great and our customers can agree that we treat them as top priority.
Challenging and rewarding place to work
worker (Current Employee) –  Macungie, PAFebruary 18, 2014
Lean concepts have not been deployed previously at this facility but the people are (for the most part) open to change. It is challenging and rewarding. Some days are insanely stressful, but the days where you know you improved something make it worthwhile.
Pros
Excellent people
Cons
Fear of pulling the trigger and trying things
Great place with great benefits!
Material Technician/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnsboro, SCJanuary 30, 2014
a very good job! The plant was closed and moved to PA! Management was great as well,with great hours!
Fast paced and stressful
Material Handling Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Macungie, PAJanuary 16, 2014
Multiple tasks with rapidly changing priorities requires excessive time managing and re-assigning resources. Intense change goals coupled with lack of unity of purpose and vision makes this environment particularly challenging. Some inconsistency in delivery of HR practices but desire to change culture beginning to take hold. Inter-departmental disconnects makes overall business process very inefficient.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
High stress, lack of consistent leadership
awesome company
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Macungie, PAJanuary 14, 2014
union shop good wages and benefits great joy to work for nothing to complain about
Cons
Like hitting the lottery.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 12, 2014
Mental exhaustion from stressful work environment. Meetings, Always rumors about job insecurity. Some co-worker conflicts.
Department mergers and new bosses, who brought in new ways of doing things.

Pay was excellent. Cafeteria and ATM. Books sales, encouraged to volunteer in the community, access to Higher Education opportunities, bonuses, life-long friendships made and top-notch health benefits. Weekends off. Plenty of sick days. Family leave and paid psychiatric therapy. Leaned about co-workers lifestyles and had the opportunity to have some myths about people dispelled.

I still dream about the place and my co-workers. It was the best job I've ever had.
Pros
High wages. No one looking over your shoulder as long as your job was done.
Cons
Constant rumors of site closures and take overs. Losing workload.
Great place to work!
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnsboro, SCJanuary 7, 2014
Very Good Company to work for. they really take good care of their employees.
Pros
too many to list
Cons
Healthcare is free for family coverage with no deductible and no copay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mack Trucks. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3