Mack Trucks

Mack Trucks Employer Reviews

Love it!
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 13, 2014
Its always great to walk into an office where everyone is hard at work but still take the time to communicate and laugh with one another. People at Mack work hard and they work together. The atmosphere is great and our customers can agree that we treat them as top priority.
Challenging and rewarding place to work
worker (Current Employee), Macungie, PAFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: excellent people
Cons: fear of pulling the trigger and trying things
Lean concepts have not been deployed previously at this facility but the people are (for the most part) open to change. It is challenging and rewarding. Some days are insanely stressful, but the days where you know you improved something make it worthwhile.
Great place with great benefits!
Material Technician/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Winnsboro, SCJanuary 30, 2014
a very good job! The plant was closed and moved to PA! Management was great as well,with great hours!
Fast paced and stressful
Material Handling Engineering Manager (Former Employee), Macungie, PAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: good benefits and pay
Cons: high stress, lack of consistent leadership
Multiple tasks with rapidly changing priorities requires excessive time managing and re-assigning resources. Intense change goals coupled with lack of unity of purpose and vision makes this environment particularly challenging. Some inconsistency in delivery of HR practices but desire to change culture beginning to take hold. Inter-departmental disconnects – more... makes overall business process very inefficient. – less
awesome company
Production Technician (Former Employee), Macungie, PAJanuary 14, 2014
union shop good wages and benefits great joy to work for nothing to complain about
Like hitting the lottery.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: high wages. no one looking over your shoulder as long as your job was done.
Cons: constant rumors of site closures and take overs. losing workload.
Mental exhaustion from stressful work environment. Meetings, Always rumors about job insecurity. Some co-worker conflicts.
Department mergers and new bosses, who brought in new ways of doing things.

Pay was excellent. Cafeteria and ATM. Books sales, encouraged to volunteer in the community, access to Higher Education opportunities, bonuses, life-long – more... friendships made and top-notch health benefits. Weekends off. Plenty of sick days. Family leave and paid psychiatric therapy. Leaned about co-workers lifestyles and had the opportunity to have some myths about people dispelled.

I still dream about the place and my co-workers. It was the best job I've ever had. – less
Great place to work!
Process Technician (Former Employee), Winnsboro, SCJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: too many to list
Cons: healthcare is free for family coverage with no deductible and no copay
Very Good Company to work for. they really take good care of their employees.
retired on 07/01/2011
Final Tech (Former Employee), Macugie, P.A.October 5, 2013
I fixed anything wrong with the truck after it came off the assembly line.
...
Assembler (Former Employee), Lancaster, PASeptember 10, 2013
lead a crew of employees to mow lawn place bids and do landscaping
Loved it
Machine Set Up Operator Assembler (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDAugust 22, 2013
Pros: loved working with the machines and learning the assembly lines
Cons: getting laid off in 1985.
I would show up for work early and see my daddy. I was so so honored to have that chance to work at the same place as daddy did and all his co-workers I had in my childhood. I was just a young guy and had that chance to get into working at Mack. I learned quickly to be a machine set up operator and I learned all three assembly lines which gave me the – more... experience to work at the other places I worked. I worked from my heart there as I did everywhere I worked. I was recognized even at an early age my work ethics and they even called poetry in motion by the same wonderful managers my daddy worked for and with. My daddy was a great person and we had fun working there. The hardest part of my job is when I received my second lay off paper on a Wednesday and I still gave them 100 percent production Thursday and Friday. I knew in my heart that I would never see the inside of that wonderful place again and all the people I was so honored to have in my life early and worked with later. My daddy still lives in my heart mind and soul till next we meet. – less
Productive and fun place to work.
Retired IT Supervisor (Former Employee), Allentown, PAFebruary 27, 2013
A typical work day was mostly rigorous with deadlines to meet, especially near the end of my employment. Of course there were lulls in between projects as in most places.
I got most of my training and experience on the job. Mack Trucks was very good on providing both in-house and outside training.
Management was very good for the most part.
My IT department – more... employed around 250 people at most times so there were alot of fun times with co-workers both at work and after hours. We were a very tight knit group.
The hardest part of my job was meeting deadlines if I have to pick any one thing. I liked my job and miss it at times, that's why I am considering working part time in this field.
The most enjoyable part was working with both my people and our customers. I am a people person! That's the other reason that I am considering working again on a part time basis. – less
learned all aspects of the company
Welder (Former Employee), Allentown, PADecember 8, 2012
Pros: people
Cons: plant closed
plant closed. It was a great place to work. The people were great
Great people, good management
Production Technician (Current Employee), MacungieSeptember 22, 2012
Production line, great co-workers, friendly management,
Very good oprtunity
Production Tech (Former Employee), Macungie, PAMay 18, 2012
A great company with awsome benefit and very family oriented for mack quality and safety is 1st.

About Mack Trucks

Mack Trucks and its "Built like a Mack" bulldog logo are synonymous with heavy duty trucks. A subsidiary of Sweden's AB Volvo, – Read more