Maclellan Integrated Services Employee Reviews in United States

great company, horrible leadership, shorted hours
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 12, 2016
I worked with aerotek, a temp agency for maclellan at a higher pay rate (14.50) due to experience. after catching them up with jobs around the site and getting them on the right track, I was released. not only was I released, the management team accused me of poor work on a room for a day I was off. meaning I did not do that work, at all! and because I fought for my job and faced my accuser in a professional manner, I was wrongfully terminated. I then was shorted 15 hours on my last check which they refused to acknowledge, even with proof of badge time in's. never being able to get a response, I was left "high and dry". I am assuming I was let go for my high pay rate. this company's management is the worst ive ever seen and I highly recommend NOT TO APPLY. I left a great paying job for maclellan and regret it very much.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
nepitism (playing favorites)
Terrible place to work!!
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAFebruary 8, 2016
By far the worst place to ever work! No weekends off, people are very messy there and the bosses talk to you so reckless and will curse u out in a heartbeat! Poor teamwork! I can go on and on, but the worst place to work, like i said!
Pros
None!!
Cons
Mean, hateful employees, especially the assistant contract manager and the contract manager! No weekends, nor holidays off!
nope
group leader (Current Employee) –  West Point, GADecember 4, 2015
On the floor always. Not enough manpower. Salary and no overtime, which would be fine if I didn't work 60 hours a week and NO weekends or holidays off. Ever. Period. We clean on those days. maybe 2 days off during the week. Again no such thing as overtime. 12 hour shifts on weekends and holidays.
Pros
money you don't have time to spend
Cons
salary, no overtime.
Not all management is up to par with normal practices but there were a few good leaders who knew what they were doing.
Water Blaster (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 26, 2015
Overall there's a good team with you working. Manager wise, you will get many complaints towards the bad apples in the bunch but everything was acceptable enough to live with.
Pros
PTO, free lunch at times (usually when we worked hard, or it was a holiday "shutdown"). And also a few events for all members to attend(all expenses paid)
Cons
Not enough OT, poor management, no night shift differential pay, holidays usually spent working and hardly any weekends off. Not much time to spend with our families
Do not take a job in the corporate office!
N/A (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 10, 2015
Maclellan lured me away from a job I loved with better pay and benefits. After my experience with this company I will be the first to tell you that money will NOT buy you happiness. The management at MacLellan does not respect women and will take every chance possible to degrade you. I was cursed at and called the "little assistant" even though I was in a high level management position. The IT system is a complete mess and all processes are paper based. The culture in the corporate office is completely somber. You will dread going to work every single day. I left the company and could not be happier. Don't believe anything you are promised in an interview. None of it is true.
Pros
Decent pay for management positions
Cons
Management, sexism
Needs Improvement
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vance, ALOctober 28, 2014
Clean parts and other areas for automotive company. Made sure that all areas were up to standards of facility.
Group leader
Group Leader - TMMI East Paint Shop (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 22, 2014
Supervision
direction
good company for interview and start of employement
Pros
hand-on director
Cons
hours- night shift
Poor work life balance
Assistant Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNSeptember 12, 2014
• Implemented Continues Improvement programs to eliminated waste (Lean Manufacturing)
• Improved standardized process by use of Kaizen activities
• Monitored variances in processes over time and alerted the customer to unexpected variances which may have caused defects
• Provided Account Manager with regular updates on project status
very good job should of stayed
Lead Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vance, ALApril 24, 2014
training
safety audit
Review permits to make sure everything is completed correctly,
I enjoyed training and interacting with the employees.
Pros
support
Cons
mercedes cut everyones hours i paniced and lefted.
Manage day to day operations, scheduling, cost savings, safety improvement activities, mentoring, trouble shooting
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INApril 20, 2014
Use extreme caution when considering working for MacLellan!! Not a supportive management style.
Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Vance, AlMarch 30, 2014
Company when created was a great company to work for, after company went private the concern only seemed to be about the bottom line, no longer cared about employees. Upper management very difficult to work with, would expect results with out explaining issues (had to be a mind reader), not willing to help find solutions. HR director appears to only want to make it to retirement, he is not willing to take a stand or back up employees. He is a fence straddler, doesn't want to make waves or upset upper management. Expectations was to work 6-7 days a week, 10,12,14 hours a day, compensation was low for salaried work expectations. No work/life balance. Often received calls while on vacation. Upper management often hires new management and then walks away with the expectation that new employee will know what to do, offers no support. Upper management does the same with promotions or transfers. New people are often unsuccessful and company then terminates.
Cons
see review
Best People Best Results
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Princeton, InMarch 27, 2014
I do enjoy the family like atmosphere that maclellan gives. I love the management team that we have now. I have learned alot about building relationships and that we work together. We do not try and out do each other we work as a team and when we are together the bond is unbelieveable. The hardest part of the job is leaving it, i do know that i need to do this for my personal life. There is not one thing I could think of that is bad. They are truly the best people and have the best results.
Pros
relationships
General maintenance
F&m technician (Current Employee) –  Vance,alDecember 8, 2013
Typical day at work would be scraping up jobs to do for the plant Mercedes Benz plant because work is very slow.

What I've learned was to never work there again because they don't care anything about you and they hate showing you how to do jobs and by they I mean personnel In charge

Management will promise u the world once first started but as u work there you quickly realize it is far from the truth.
Pros
pay was good for me because of my prior experience
Cons
they really don't care about there employees.
I do not recommend
Sludge technician (Former Employee) –  Vance, ALNovember 8, 2013
worst company ever, the management was a bunch of backstabbers
A job is a job
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  West Point, GASeptember 11, 2013
Easy job but you get really dirty and sweaty. Long hours but pay is okay.
Pros
$$$$ i only worked 2 days a week( saturday and sunday) and my check would be over $200
Cons
hot and dirty job, long hours
Good people, good benefits, work every weekend
Contract Mgr - Paint Shop, M&E , New Business (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJuly 12, 2013
10-12 hr work days, weekends mandatory
Many positions for many skill sets
Co workers are awesome people
High turnover, hard work and mandatory weekends
Good benefits, good people, good customer, safe environment
Pros
job stability, great customers, great workers, weekly pay, safety is priority
Cons
every weekend work, hard work
Nice Small Business
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 18, 2013
I worked there years ago and I loved it and loved the people running the place. I actually miss it. They paid well and offered benefits. They were also a very "family friendly" company.
Old boy network with patronizing required
Contract Manager, Industrial Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 18, 2013
For the most part the site management allows new ideas. The customer is always right whether you lose revenue to prove otherwise is not a concern. Corporate culture is mixed bag. Praise from VP can be over shadowed by criticism from OD. A raise one month and dismissal the next is not managing people, its removing those that do not agree without due process. Co-workers on site are great to work with but higher ups hold a grudge and will act on it when convenient.
Pros
advancement without a degree is possible
Cons
not friendly to female management, limited growth potential for women.
This contract is at an automotive plant.
Team Leader of Industrial Wastewater Operations (Current Employee) –  Vance, ALMay 25, 2012
A typical day at work is full of exciting challenges. That keeps the job fresh. This company does not offer competitive wages, benefits or a lot of room for advancement. We don't get the cream of the crop when it comes to managers or employees. There are a handful of professional people spread out among the different contracts that keep things going. The hardest part of the job has been dealing with mangers and other personnel that lack the skills to perform their jobs properly. The most enjoyable part of the job is the work itself. It keeps me coming back day after day.
Pros
satisfying work
Cons
underskilled personnel
very fast pace with alot of multi tasking,safety comes 1st
General Maintenance and Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Portland, MIMay 1, 2012
A normal day at work is being busy without takeing a full break, I've learned all the positions my employer has to offer. Im a team leader, with great leadership skills.I am a fast learner , i over look 6 other employees work. which are custodial,lubrication and general maintenance, I have learned that with important responsibilitys. comes great honor when a job is done well and everyone goes home safe.The management where i am employed at is not the best. in other words, my boss does not practice what he preaches. My co-workers are not the best to work with. they lack ambition and the follow thru off most the jobs. The hardest part of my work is trying to get somebody to work a shift when there is a call-in.I like most about my job is how I was given the chance to excel and learn everything there is to know .
Pros
40 plus hours a week and benefits.
Cons
negative enviroment, poor pay