Maclellan Integrated Services Employee Reviews

Long hours, low pay with high demands
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 30, 2017
Ninety percent of the work is done when the plant is not producing which is weekends and holidays. Must work every weekend and shut downs are a mandatory full week of working 12 plus hours a day. Salary was low for the amount of hours I worked. Seemed like a big disconnect between the corporate office and site locations. Contract was underbid which fell on site management. All they care about is the bottom line and corporate will set you up for failure in doing so. Site was understaffed, I was only GL on day shift most the time I was there. Director of operations will MapQuest your mileage log. Customer was difficult to work for at times. Did learn a little about lean manufacturing through Toyota. Was able to work on people managing skills, although I did feel like a baby sitter at times. Co-workers were fun. Benefits were really good when I worked there.
Benefits
Cons
Work Environment
management needs to have more communication with others
jigg washer (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 10, 2017
Can be interesting but the management is lacking responsibility for the actions and job titles the give
You have one job title and they want you to have four more then the one you currently are hired for.
Pros
great benefits, team co-workers
Cons
they expect to much from one person
great place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 16, 2016
Its an awesome place to work. Great bosses to work for. Great pay and great holiday bonuses. Is only a 3rd shift. Your lunch is paid for. Work there is easy going aslong you like working nights. The job is done both ways with teams and dependetly.
Pros
paid for lunch
Cons
3rd shift
Great business to grow with
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNFebruary 7, 2017
As this is sometimes a high paced stressful environment it is all worth it at the end of the day. I love that the management is very hands on and family oriented. We worked hard as a group and played hard as a group.
Beyond words a blast to work for
Refrigeration Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 20, 2017
Free lunch and learns always pushing to have employees learn. Had to provide own tools but always replaced when broken. Management is top notch and always willing to work with you.
Very hard work for little pay
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MSDecember 11, 2016
It is very hard work for little pay. At least when I was there . It was only a side job for me. Maybe it has gotten better. I left 3 years ago . I have not heard much else.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Spirit Lake, IAJanuary 10, 2017
This job was a constant learning experience. I enjoyed the crew I was working with. I loved the challenging work environment that I was working out of.
great company, horrible leadership, shorted hours
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 12, 2016
I worked with aerotek, a temp agency for maclellan at a higher pay rate (14.50) due to experience. after catching them up with jobs around the site and getting them on the right track, I was released. not only was I released, the management team accused me of poor work on a room for a day I was off. meaning I did not do that work, at all! and because I fought for my job and faced my accuser in a professional manner, I was wrongfully terminated. I then was shorted 15 hours on my last check which they refused to acknowledge, even with proof of badge time in's. never being able to get a response, I was left "high and dry". I am assuming I was let go for my high pay rate. this company's management is the worst ive ever seen and I highly recommend NOT TO APPLY. I left a great paying job for maclellan and regret it very much.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
nepitism (playing favorites)
Terrible place to work!!
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAFebruary 8, 2016
By far the worst place to ever work! No weekends off, people are very messy there and the bosses talk to you so reckless and will curse u out in a heartbeat! Poor teamwork! I can go on and on, but the worst place to work, like i said!
Pros
None!!
Cons
Mean, hateful employees, especially the assistant contract manager and the contract manager! No weekends, nor holidays off!
Not all management is up to par with normal practices but there were a few good leaders who knew what they were doing.
Water Blaster (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 26, 2015
Overall there's a good team with you working. Manager wise, you will get many complaints towards the bad apples in the bunch but everything was acceptable enough to live with.
Pros
PTO, free lunch at times (usually when we worked hard, or it was a holiday "shutdown"). And also a few events for all members to attend(all expenses paid)
Cons
Not enough OT, poor management, no night shift differential pay, holidays usually spent working and hardly any weekends off. Not much time to spend with our families

Want to know more about Maclellan Integrated Services?

Ask a question
nope
group leader (Current Employee) –  West Point, GADecember 4, 2015
On the floor always. Not enough manpower. Salary and no overtime, which would be fine if I didn't work 60 hours a week and NO weekends or holidays off. Ever. Period. We clean on those days. maybe 2 days off during the week. Again no such thing as overtime. 12 hour shifts on weekends and holidays.
Pros
money you don't have time to spend
Cons
salary, no overtime.
low pay and horrible management
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNFebruary 11, 2016
The management was horrible, and the pay was low. They do not give good raises. They don't follow all OSHA laws. Just not a safe company
Pros
They give you time off if needed for something
Cons
low pay, not safe
Do not take a job in the corporate office!
N/A (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 10, 2015
Maclellan lured me away from a job I loved with better pay and benefits. After my experience with this company I will be the first to tell you that money will NOT buy you happiness. The management at MacLellan does not respect women and will take every chance possible to degrade you. I was cursed at and called the "little assistant" even though I was in a high level management position. The IT system is a complete mess and all processes are paper based. The culture in the corporate office is completely somber. You will dread going to work every single day. I left the company and could not be happier. Don't believe anything you are promised in an interview. None of it is true.
Pros
Decent pay for management positions
Cons
Management, sexism
Best People Best Results
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Princeton, InMarch 27, 2014
I do enjoy the family like atmosphere that maclellan gives. I love the management team that we have now. I have learned alot about building relationships and that we work together. We do not try and out do each other we work as a team and when we are together the bond is unbelieveable. The hardest part of the job is leaving it, i do know that i need to do this for my personal life. There is not one thing I could think of that is bad. They are truly the best people and have the best results.
Pros
Relationships
Cons
This contract is at an automotive plant.
Team Leader of Industrial Wastewater Operations (Current Employee) –  Vance, ALMay 25, 2012
A typical day at work is full of exciting challenges. That keeps the job fresh. This company does not offer competitive wages, benefits or a lot of room for advancement. We don't get the cream of the crop when it comes to managers or employees. There are a handful of professional people spread out among the different contracts that keep things going. The hardest part of the job has been dealing with mangers and other personnel that lack the skills to perform their jobs properly. The most enjoyable part of the job is the work itself. It keeps me coming back day after day.
Pros
satisfying work
Cons
underskilled personnel
General maintenance
F&m technician (Current Employee) –  Vance,alDecember 8, 2013
Typical day at work would be scraping up jobs to do for the plant Mercedes Benz plant because work is very slow.

What I've learned was to never work there again because they don't care anything about you and they hate showing you how to do jobs and by they I mean personnel In charge

Management will promise u the world once first started but as u work there you quickly realize it is far from the truth.
Pros
Pay was good for me because of my prior experience
Cons
they really don't care about there employees.
Old boy network with patronizing required
Contract Manager, Industrial Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 18, 2013
For the most part the site management allows new ideas. The customer is always right whether you lose revenue to prove otherwise is not a concern. Corporate culture is mixed bag. Praise from VP can be over shadowed by criticism from OD. A raise one month and dismissal the next is not managing people, its removing those that do not agree without due process. Co-workers on site are great to work with but higher ups hold a grudge and will act on it when convenient.
Pros
advancement without a degree is possible
Cons
not friendly to female management, limited growth potential for women.
Good people, good benefits, work every weekend
Contract Mgr - Paint Shop, M&E , New Business (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJuly 12, 2013
10-12 hr work days, weekends mandatory
Many positions for many skill sets
Co workers are awesome people
High turnover, hard work and mandatory weekends
Good benefits, good people, good customer, safe environment
Pros
Job Stability, Great Customers, Great Workers, Weekly Pay, Safety is priority
Cons
Every weekend work, hard work
Poor work life balance
Assistant Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNSeptember 12, 2014
• Implemented Continues Improvement programs to eliminated waste (Lean Manufacturing)
• Improved standardized process by use of Kaizen activities
• Monitored variances in processes over time and alerted the customer to unexpected variances which may have caused defects
• Provided Account Manager with regular updates on project status
very fast pace with alot of multi tasking,safety comes 1st
General Maintenance and Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Portland, MIMay 1, 2012
A normal day at work is being busy without takeing a full break, I've learned all the positions my employer has to offer. Im a team leader, with great leadership skills.I am a fast learner , i over look 6 other employees work. which are custodial,lubrication and general maintenance, I have learned that with important responsibilitys. comes great honor when a job is done well and everyone goes home safe.The management where i am employed at is not the best. in other words, my boss does not practice what he preaches. My co-workers are not the best to work with. they lack ambition and the follow thru off most the jobs. The hardest part of my work is trying to get somebody to work a shift when there is a call-in.I like most about my job is how I was given the chance to excel and learn everything there is to know .
Pros
40 plus hours a week and benefits.
Cons
negative enviroment, poor pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maclellan Integrated Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6