Macmillan Publishers Employee Reviews

It was great workplace with a beautiful view from my office.
Jr. Technical IT Project Manager, Google Migration (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 14, 2017
My typical day consisted of completing tasks and ensuring that staff members are not challenged with any technical difficulties. Even though not all work places are exactly same however all work places require honest work and effort to get the task or job done efficiently. I made sure that tasks were up to date and completed smoothly.
Respectful co-workers in Flatiron building
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2017
Although I was there for less than a year, I enjoyed working at Macmillan Publishers. You get visibility within the company and work across multiple team. The company is located in the Flatiron building across from Madison Square Park.
Pros
location, free books
Cons
set work hours
Not great
Editorial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 7, 2017
No sense of leadership. You work hard for hours a day but don't really understand what the goal is. The premier product (Launchpad) is a mess and instructors are dropping it persistently.
Productive, fun and lot to learn
Senior .Net Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2017
Great culture, great team, wonderful management.
Was part of a team where there is a lot to learn. New technologies like React JS, Node JS were learned. The exposure these technologies will give a great effect in my career.
Great manager who is facilitate the resources needed.
The Infrastructure team were very helpful, professsional and down to earth
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2017
Infrastructure team were very helpful, professsional and down to earth. However contractors are often used for a short period of time or years so you don't get the sense of job security one needs.
Very nice place to work for
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Delran, NJ 08075November 10, 2016
I really enjoyed my job here. My supervisor was amazing. We had fun and did out job at the same time. I was sad when they were bought out by another company and I was laid off. I would have stayed at this job .
Relaxed atmosphere
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2016
Relaxed atmosphere. As long as the job is getting done on time there is tremendous flexibility.
I am working remotely - so my interactions are usually through email and skype.
Great Hours- A week off during Xmas and New Year and Summer Fridays
FP&A Financial Analyst, Cash (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2016
Great place work for people who want good hours. But Not much growth opportunities because most people have been here for years and they are just waiting for retirement.
Great work enviorment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Gordonsville, VAApril 15, 2016
everything was great & mostly everybody was nice & very respectful. I didn't really like working over but it was more money.
An Ok company
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2016
There've been changes within the company after many years of stagnation in communications among all levels . New upper management is in place now , but it will take time to see many changes .
Pros
summer hours
Cons
Pay below the industry's average . IT is in India, and it takes forever to solve a simple issue.
Pleasant, positive work environment
shared services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2015
Management is friendly and open to new ideas in ever-evolving business. Yet salaries are very low, even by industry standards.
Great place to work!
Server Engineer/Active Directory Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 20, 2015
It is a great environment to work in. There are a lot of perks here at this company. The work is manageable, challenging, and fun. There isn't a challenge to ask for help from your peers.
Pros
Free coffee, tea, etc...
Cons
24/7 on call
My first job
Assistant Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Delran, NJOctober 12, 2015
now known as Simon and Schuster, Macmillan was a well know Book Warehouse. Many chances for advancement with friendly coworkers and managers
Good Company to Work at
Macintosh Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2015
The people who work at Macmillan are dedicated and care about the quality of the products. The best books for the best price. Privately owned. It was a pleasure serving there.
A good place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2015
Holtzbrinck Publishing is a good place to work at. I was in the NY office location of the company. I got to learn things related to professional life and the co-workers were very co-operative. I enjoyed working there.
I was a consultant
Learning & Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  new york, nyMay 11, 2015
I was a consultant not an employee - there for my experience would be very different then most.

-Great location!
-I worked with nice people.
-There were some changes within the company going on when I was there.
Productive & Fun work Place
PMO Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York City, NYFebruary 5, 2015
• Versatile and result oriented Business Analyst with over 6 years of experience in business requirement gathering and analysis, business process re-engineering, object-oriented design, modelling and project management across different industry domains such as Educational Services / Publishing , Insurance, Healthcare/Pharmacy Services, Compliance Management and Risk Analysis.
• Strong communication / interpersonal skills, problem solving skills with “a commit-to-success” attitude and capable of delivering solutions under high-pressure environment.
• Detail oriented, focused, able to capture a process and break it down into individual components and its subsequent steps. Effectively capture business needs and communicate them effectively with Stakeholders and Technical teams.
• Well versed in Project Management Tool (MS Project and KeyedIn Projects) for status reporting, planning and resource allocation, Involved in strategy discussions to determine the most cost-effective and relevant software development approach - RUP, Waterfall, Agile, and SCRUM.
Pros
Excellent Work Culture
Cons
Not even one
Opportunity to grow
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJune 17, 2014
The company is small. If you work very hard, there is potential for advancement.
Great Place
Marketing/Creative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2014
Great place to work, with brilliant people who actually care about your advancment
Moved and left ppl out of work..
Logistics Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 9, 2014
management just wanted orders done. didn't care to much about the personnel. hi turn over ratio.
Pros
get discounts on books
Cons
management sucked!!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macmillan Publishers. Our community is ready to answer.